Need more ragnarok servers

Victor117

Need more rag servers, and while we are at it more types (Prim, prim+) aaaand sense im on that wagon, a standard thecenter prim would be nice.

You'd think wildcard after actual YEARS of feedback regarding pillars and solutions they would have come up with a more logical solution rather than 'if its just one pillar it decays faster!' so everyone just put up twice the pillars or a pillar with a ceiling on it (very popular with thatchspam trolls after that change). Been saying it forever, we need a 'claim block' system, foundation or pillar we always spawn with but when placed has to be demolished before we can get another. Regular building within a set radius, stuff placed outside of that cant have its timer refreshed this would allow for taming traps, but make it exceedingly difficult to hold large areas of land for large periods of time, especially if structures built outside the claim radius had a flat autodemo rate regardless of material type.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

You can always play your Unofficials if you want no transfers.

While that is the generic answer we give now,   it shouldn't have to be the answer I cant imagine this game doing well on full release if they don't wipe all servers or at least wipe half and close them to transfers. Wc will only alienate new members coming to this game.

I can imagine it now, wow I just bought this new game from my local gaming store and I paid $80 for it. Logs on for the very first time and some battle hardened idiot would be like why are you on my server get off.   Said customer tries this on a couple servers with the same results. New customer goes this game is stupid and returns. eventually wildcard goes broke for not looking after new player base on full release and listening to the bunch of cry babies that don't wanna loose all their work in a alpha game

2 hours ago, unspeakableacts said:

3 pve rag severs 70 each in The north america (4.2 people in the usa per state not counting Canada or mexico)

that means ark has made pve only usable for 210 players,

DILO is wrong with arks brains

20170612171935_1.jpg

You guys still have all the other regular servers that you guys rudely pillared everywhere. 

I guess now all the pve people on the island, center and SE know what it feels like to have pillars everywhere and not be able to build

10 minutes ago, LilNastyGurl said:

Because that "legit feeling".

Playing at anything but x1 feels like cheating or easy mode to some people.

I used to be like that.

It's hard to get past that mental block, but once you do the game becomes a lot more fun and you still get the feeling of accomplishment. The irony of it is that a lot of people with that mentality will feel superior to anyone playing on EZ mode unofficials settings, then turn around and cry because official settings are too hard. xD

34 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

You guys still have all the other regular servers that you guys rudely pillared everywhere. 

I guess now all the pve people on the island, center and SE know what it feels like to have pillars everywhere and not be able to build

You guess wrong. I've always played pve and never have pillared more than around my base (to protect me) and in metal spawns (to protect metal spawns).

So your assumption is wrong. There is not "all the PVE people". And I know a lot of ppl that does that in the same way I do.

The problem is that there are trolls, usually that players whose steam name is random blocks [][][][] or 123, that dont get punished by doing that mass pillaring. If wildcard staff put more pressure over them banning out of the official servers things would be better.

1 hour ago, Majix said:

I don't get what possible reason people would willingly play on Official Servers when its full of clowns who feel the need to ruin everyone's fun.  You get zero benefit from running officals, only thing you could POSSIBLY get is security knowing server isnt going anywhere. Well, there are so - so many unofficials that carry vanilla settings/ clusters with active fair and calm admins.  IMO possibility of server going down > stress on officials. 

Its a choice do you want cheating players or cheating admin i've played both and its always like this! 

And to everyone who plays unofficial the issue with Rag having transfers possible means those servers will be all claimed by the current mega alliance in ark anyone else that wants to play on those servers will be wiped I recon most of the mega tribes will just wipe there new servers daily so unless your good friends with one of these tribes you will not be 'allowed' to play on these servers and yes they will wipe you within a few hours and then if you fight back wipe your home server where your transfers dinos come from sounds fun lol..... Anyway hope they release some isolated OC server PLZ :)

58 minutes ago, spacejam said:

While that is the generic answer we give now,   it shouldn't have to be the answer I cant imagine this game doing well on full release if they don't wipe all servers or at least wipe half and close them to transfers. Wc will only alienate new members coming to this game.

I can imagine it now, wow I just bought this new game from my local gaming store and I paid $80 for it. Logs on for the very first time and some battle hardened idiot would be like why are you on my server get off.   Said customer tries this on a couple servers with the same results. New customer goes this game is stupid and returns. eventually wildcard goes broke for not looking after new player base on full release and listening to the bunch of cry babies that don't wanna loose all their work in a alpha game

Well. You can't. I can. But we all just humans with their own imagination.

I imagine the CrossARK is a good thing. While your example might be true for some people, most of players buy ARK for ARK, and not for some Official servers. And it's still a subjective example.

And it's my opinion, but a person who gives a game back because of how other players play it instead of how the quality of the game is, is an idiot.

Someone who refunds a game without trying his own server or SP does not deserve to play it.

And noone can say that wipes will straightout make WC get more money. People like you are biased towards Alphas. In your eyes Alphas are bad, and everyone who isn't an Alpha is a victim. That's cupboard-thinking.

If WC wipes servers, it won't do anything for newcomers. Alphas save their dinos and ressources in CrossARK and will be Alphas after a wipe.

And a wipe of CrossARK and servers will be a slap in the nuts to everyone who played the game and built something up for the sake of a safezone for noobs, which already exists.

Deactivating CrossARK and wiping will damage the game and its players more than it will benefit them. You cannot rely on potentual newcomers if the playerbase you already have most likely gonna leave the game and bombard it with bad reviews. And they will.

tl;dr: Wipes and deactivation of CrosARK will be a bad move and objectively damage the game more than it benefits the newcomers who can play on Unofficials and SP.

1 minute ago, Jostabeere said:

I imagine the CrossARK is a good thing. While your example might be true for some people, most of players buy ARK for ARK, and not for some Official servers. And it's still a subjective example.

I don't no about you. but anybody that is new to the game, and were not talking about all the people on these forums. Where talking about every second average joe who walks into his local game shop and goes that looks alright ill give it a whirl.

When he gets home this is how it plays out in my head at least.

insert disc, Game updates  2 weeks later he plays for the first time. being a rookie and probably knowing nothing about the game, its history , its current gamers bases. They would more than likely log into the first official server that pops up on the screen. They don't know about unofficial's, they don't know about zerg.  How could they. This new person have just bought the game for the first time ever. its brand new only just been released. boom the spawn in and die instantly due to auto turrets, the spawn in again and get stuck in a 1x1 metal hut to keep fresh spawns away.  Feeling disheartened I tried another server this one had only a couple people playing on it surely ill get to find out about this game. Spawns into  a farming server, where he builds a little shack, starts getting used to the game and logs of for a few hours. Upon my spawn back in his shack is gone,  Now this guy has just payed $70 for this game and spent his first 4 hours doing absolutely nothing because he has been wiped, consistently and what is suppose the official way you are suppose to play the game.

$70 - 4-5 hr  and zero progress to show for it. for a Full Release game. Because pre existing people on the game cried so hard they got to keep their stuff. Id be returning the game on principal. while that would make all us people who have been playing for 2 years happy. You know what happens to Wildcards Funds, they dry up  because so many people return the game.  After their funds dry up servers start to disappear,  people stop playing because there severed crashed forever. and now the game is dead

10 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

And it's my opinion, but a person who gives a game back because of how other players play it instead of how the quality of the game is, is an idiot.

Someone who refunds a game without trying his own server or SP does not deserve to play it.

And noone can say that wipes will straightout make WC get more money. People like you are biased towards Alphas. In your eyes Alphas are bad, and everyone who isn't an Alpha is a victim. That's cupboard-thinking.

If WC wipes servers, it won't do anything for newcomers. Alphas save their dinos and ressources in CrossARK and will be Alphas after a wipe.

And a wipe of CrossARK and servers will be a slap in the nuts to everyone who played the game and built something up for the sake of a safezone for noobs, which already exists.

Deactivating CrossARK and wiping will damage the game and its players more than it will benefit them. You cannot rely on potentual newcomers if the playerbase you already have most likely gonna leave the game and bombard it with bad reviews. And they will.

tl;dr: Wipes and deactivation of CrosARK will be a bad move and objectively damage the game more than it benefits the newcomers who can play on Unofficials and SP.

have you ever played a new server? first few days of a server are the best in the servers life. when everyone is on the same playing field skill is the ultimate decider of the winners. 

13 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

people always say they will leave the game but hey guess what...............

they never do

1 hour ago, Lockjaw said:

It's hard to get past that mental block, but once you do the game becomes a lot more fun and you still get the feeling of accomplishment. The irony of it is that a lot of people with that mentality will feel superior to anyone playing on EZ mode unofficials settings, then turn around and cry because official settings are too hard. xD

i never cry in fact come on wildcard make taming 10x slower see if you can discourage me lol. 

the game is so fun with 10 hour tames after all you can just watch youtube or listen to music while stuff tames. the wait times mean nothing to me stooge.

20 minutes ago, raaazboy said:

have you ever played a new server? first few days of a server are the best in the servers life. when everyone is on the same playing field skill is the ultimate decider of the winners. 

agreed best by far this is why i never understood why everyone was so scared of an official wipe.... come from unofficial the best part of a wipe is the first week !

3 hours ago, spacejam said:

snipped

Why do you assume that your average Joe goes straight to multiplayer and decides to go straight to PvP? Is there a record for newbs who don't know the game and want to jump straight into PvP of a game that is released a while ago? I had plenty of ARK-related steam friends. Everyone started to play the game on an Unofficial or in singleplayer.

You did not address any of my arguments why wiping the servers won't change anything, you just repeated that Alphas are evil and you make a claim that every newb ever gonna try PvP in a game he doesn't know poop about.

I honestly feel you don't really care for the games well and only want to punch Alphas in the balls at release.

So let me tell you one thing: Wiping at release won't change anything long-term. Alpha Tribes will reach their level within a week and will stomp newbies. They won't do it with Level 300 Wyverns, but as a newb it doesn't matter if he wipes you with that thing, or a level 200 Rex.

Sure, wiping benefits newbs who happend to play the game on day one. But what you gonna do a month after the wipes? Alphas are back. Wiping newbs. Do you want WC to wipe every server on a daily base to prevent people from becoming an Alpha and create an artificial safezone for your average Joe? No. Because that's stupid.

You won't get more fans than hate from wiping. And the Alpha haters here are a minority.

@Voidstar Alphas block off all Obelisks and Beacons with a common use of exploits so noone can transfer in and out.

22 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Why do you assume that your average Joe goes straight to multiplayer and decides to go straight to PvP? Is there a record for newbs who don't know the game and want to jump straight into PvP of a game that is released a while ago? I had plenty of ARK-related steam friends. Everyone started to play the game on an Unofficial or in singleplayer.

You did not address any of my arguments why wiping the servers won't change anything, you just repeated that Alphas are evil and you make a claim that every newb ever gonna try PvP in a game he doesn't know poop about.

I honestly feel you don't really care for the games well and only want to punch Alphas in the balls at release.

So let me tell you one thing: Wiping at release won't change anything long-term. Alpha Tribes will reach their level within a week and will stomp newbies. They won't do it with Level 300 Wyverns, but as a newb it doesn't matter if he wipes you with that thing, or a level 200 Rex.

Sure, wiping benefits newbs who happend to play the game on day one. But what you gonna do a month after the wipes? Alphas are back. Wiping newbs. Do you want WC to wipe every server on a daily base to prevent people from becoming an Alpha and create an artificial safezone for your average Joe? No. Because that's stupid.

You won't get more fans than hate from wiping. And the Alpha haters here are a minority.

@Voidstar Alphas block off all Obelisks and Beacons with a common use of exploits so noone can transfer in and out.

just make cluster servers with each of the maps, and allow transfers only amongs them...

Archived