Wonder if i could Sue these guys for the stress they cause with a broken game

WolfeUK

21 minutes ago, Cymas said:

Well you've got a fair number of posts on this forum, chances are you've seen at least one of the numerous threads posted about these very bugs you've experienced given that you knew what bug it was when your raptor died. My question to you would be, if you knew these bugs were a problem, why did you not adjust your playstyle to account for it? It's not on the devs to account for your own mistakes, even if the bugs themselves are "their" fault. The breeding/raising bugs have been around for quite awhile now, with multiple threads per week about the issues and things you as a player can do to avoid them.

For example, the food bug is annoying but can be avoided multiple ways depending on which variation of this bug it was. Breeding animals with higher base HP helps with one of them, for example, because it helps them survive the HP drops from not eating for 30-90 seconds. I have yet to lose any animal to this bug as long as it has 800-1k+ base HP once I figured that out. Another variation of the bug where they stop eating completely is fixed by force feeding them, which requires constant monitoring of the baby animals. This is also a huge reason why some people choose to use the water breeding exploit in order to raise their babies, because it helps them survive with less active maintenance than the non-exploit methods.

The short answer is, you should be monitoring your baby animals much more closely, especially as these were your first ones. Yes it can be boring and a little tedious, that's just how things are with this game a lot of the time. I would highly suggest keeping multiple fridges or troughs in your hatchery instead of running back and forth between buildings, especially with a relatively small animal like a raptor. Ironically bigger animals are easier to raise because they're much less fragile. A baby animal with only a couple hundred HP at most can and will die in mere minutes unattended, so the less time you spend away from it, the higher its chances of survival. Once they hit juvenile they are far more likely to survive, at least in my experience.

As for the raptor that fell through the foundations, that too is a known issue that has been around for some time and affects both adults and babies. This problem is 100% preventable by removing a few foundations in your hatching box to allow the animals to hatch on the ground. This also avoids the issue of growing animals getting stuck in your foundations and having to rip the floor up to get the adults out later on, as well.

We are moving out of alpha and into beta stage now, which is when we will start seeing all the fixes for these issues. Until then, it's up to us the players to continue reporting these bugs and sharing tips and tricks with each other to play around them while the devs work on it. Some of these fixes are likely complicated and will take time to sort out. Please continue reporting the bugs in the appropriate forum or via the support tickets in a calm and constructive manner, instead of threatening legal action over a very well known problem that is 100% avoidable with a little forward thinking.

Thanks for the time you spent answering this

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, WolfeUK said:

Decided to delve into breading after hundreds of hours of doing other things

Decided to do raptors as i love these dinos, spent ages finding some high level ones, found a male 120 and 2 females 112, 112, <<took best part of a day to get these,
Breed them and placed the eggs down, waited till both where about 20% and picked one up, knew they took some looking after when they hatch, first one hatched, imprinted and started feeding, got it up to 2 and half stacks, went to my other build to get some more meat and got the headline your baby raptor has being killed ?? went back and it still had 2 stacks of meat in it ?? obviously still got the feeding bug....

Never mind i thought, ive got another egg, placed it down, waited for it to hatch, problem was when it hatched it fell through the foundation, by the time i had took apart my base to find it i got the same message, your baby raptor has being killed.....

FFS seriously, my first proper attempt at breeding and both fail cause of the stupid feeding bug and falling through the floor bug, the other problem ive now got, is both females are at 24 hours before breeding again, and as im single player thats about 5 days worth of waiting.....

It really sucks i keep coming on here to complain about problems, i cant wait for these guys to start addressing these bug so we can finally start play without all this stress, specially as i play to relax <<< due to my illness i might add...

your signal right? just cheat in new stuff it's not your fault they died

11 hours ago, WolfeUK said:

Not sure how its self inflicted, i didn't put the bugs in the game, and unless you play and experience the said bugs id never know i would have them.

Anyway it was a rhetorical headline, of course im not gonna sue them, just pointing out it can be stressful at times with these bugs

Well technically you hatched an egg on a foundation.. a well known glitch and with current mechanics shoulf never hatch or raise on founds

I knew about the feeding bug, but didnt know about the foundation bug, well, didnt know it effecting babys...

The feeding one, well the baby was feeding itself, so i though it was ok, had 2 and half stacks of meat in it, so you can see if wasnt a new born, i didnt know the bug was it would just stop eating randomly

The reason i wont cheat new stuff in is because i want the babys to have the parents DNA (stats)

15 hours ago, Beuglord said:

Yes I know it still doesn't change the fact that it's technically a fully released game and not early access on PS4.

As people said many times before it is a I'm finished game a work in progress it is in the stage that it is constantly changing and things are getting fixed. If some one at wildcard would say tomorrow that it's not worth finishing the game or just get sick of all the bitching and decided to shut down all the servers and stop working on the game that can and there's nothing any of us can do (lots of games get canceled in the alpha and beta stages for whatever reason )not that i think wildcard is going to do that.What I'm trying to say is instead of say let's get a lawsuit going and this and that help them fix the game and finish it they let us in on the project early and even with all the problems it is still a fun game and getting better. When it goes gold then you can bitch

14 hours ago, Beuglord said:

I watched the latest GDC talk or whatever it's called where Jeremy literally states PS4 doesn't have an early access program so its technically a full game, was probs a few weeks ago.

You don't care in the slightest what people tell you, do you?

We got your point.

And multiple people told you that your point is wrong. ciabattaroll explained it in the best way possible.

While Sony does not have a usual Alpha program, Sony itself clearly states ARK isn't a finished product. You can claim 1 million times that if they release something, it's full release, and it will be wrong. Sony says it's not a full-release. Period.

there is clear evidence given that Sony indeed sold Alpha games in their shop, despite not having an Alpha program.

6 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

We got your point.

And multiple people told you that your point is wrong. ciabattaroll explained it in the best way possible.

While Sony does not have a usual Alpha program, Sony itself clearly states ARK isn't a finished product. You can claim 1 million times that if they release something, it's full release, and it will be wrong. Sony says it's not a full-release. Period.

there is clear evidence given that Sony indeed sold Alpha games in their shop, despite not having an Alpha program.

Sad thing is, people are going to believe what they want to believe. Regardless as to who tells them. Such is life.

3 hours ago, WolfeUK said:

I knew about the feeding bug, but didnt know about the foundation bug, well, didnt know it effecting babys...

The feeding one, well the baby was feeding itself, so i though it was ok, had 2 and half stacks of meat in it, so you can see if wasnt a new born, i didnt know the bug was it would just stop eating randomly

The reason i wont cheat new stuff in is because i want the babys to have the parents DNA (stats)

If you're in single player, you can lower the baby food consumption so they won't die as easily from the food bug and you can also decrease the mating intervals so you don't have to wait for so long.

18 hours ago, WolfeUK said:

Decided to do raptors as i love these dinos, spent ages finding some high level ones, found a male 120 and 2 females 112, 112, <<took best part of a day to get these,
Breed them and placed the eggs down, waited till both where about 20% and picked one up, knew they took some looking after when they hatch, first one hatched, imprinted and started feeding, got it up to 2 and half stacks, went to my other build to get some more meat and got the headline your baby raptor has being killed ?? went back and it still had 2 stacks of meat in it ?? obviously still got the feeding bug....

Never mind i thought, ive got another egg, placed it down, waited for it to hatch, problem was when it hatched it fell through the foundation, by the time i had took apart my base to find it i got the same message, your baby raptor has being killed.....

FFS seriously, my first proper attempt at breeding and both fail cause of the stupid feeding bug and falling through the floor bug, the other problem ive now got, is both females are at 24 hours before breeding again, and as im single player thats about 5 days worth of waiting.....

It really sucks i keep coming on here to complain about problems, i cant wait for these guys to start addressing these bug so we can finally start play without all this stress, specially as i play to relax <<< due to my illness i might add...

If people can sue for coffee that's hot, then who knows. Outside of attempting to file in Florida, I doubt you'd be successful and at the most remote chance of success it'd be in the realm of settling out of court.  But the odds are not in your favor.

4 hours ago, Cloud24 said:

How is this thread not locked yet?...

For what reason would it be locked ?

Anyway like ive already said it was a rhetorical headline....of course i wouldn't sue for stress, i was merely pointing out the stress this game can cause due to the bugs, i like to play to relax after a hard day.

Yes, i can lower the breeding interval, i have, but doesn't affect the 2 that have already breed, they have to wait 24 hours, plus lowering the food rate doesn't really seem to do alot, i had it on 0.1 yet still seem to pump food in every second or 2 

12 minutes ago, WolfeUK said:

For what reason would it be locked ?

Anyway like ive already said it was a rhetorical headline....of course i wouldn't sue for stress, i was merely pointing out the stress this game can cause due to the bugs, i like to play to relax after a hard day.

Yes, i can lower the breeding interval, i have, but doesn't affect the 2 that have already breed, they have to wait 24 hours, plus lowering the food rate doesn't really seem to do alot, i had it on 0.1 yet still seem to pump food in every second or 2 

Well.

Usually you're not allowed to discuss legal steps you theoretically want to take against a company in the companies forum.

The company I work for has a rule which forces me to report everyone who threatens to sue them, or even speak about sueing them to the legal department, so I would assume WC doesn't like it either.

But I might be wrong, and they tolerate it here as long as it is a civil discussion and only rhetorical.

1 minute ago, Jostabeere said:

Well.

Usually you're not allowed to discuss legal steps you theoretically want to take against a company in the companies forum.

The company I work for has a rule which forces me to report everyone who threatens to sue them, or even speak about sueing them to the legal department, so I would assume WC doesn't like it either.

But I might be wrong, and they tolerate it here as long as it is a civil discussion and only rhetorical.

Well i have said 3 times now it was a rhetorical headline...

On 6/5/2017 at 9:51 PM, WolfeUK said:

Edit
And for those who are concerned, it was a rhetorical headline, or course im not gonna sue...

first of all no i says its not completed and there would be bugs and here you are. and as for your hard work and stress. bro people have spent weeks, months, even a year or more getting their blood lines together and still suffered loses. you spend a day and now ur on here crying. those dinos would lined up and shot in the head. i would never waste my time with anything that low lvl. so grab a Kleenex dry your tears go tame some go stat dinos or quit playing the game. #NOOBSTRUGLE 

1 hour ago, StuffyUnicorn32 said:

first of all no i says its not completed and there would be bugs and here you are. and as for your hard work and stress. bro people have spent weeks, months, even a year or more getting their blood lines together and still suffered loses. you spend a day and now ur on here crying. those dinos would lined up and shot in the head. i would never waste my time with anything that low lvl. so grab a Kleenex dry your tears go tame some go stat dinos or quit playing the game. #NOOBSTRUGLE 

Salty responce ???
Firstly im not crying.....¬¬
Secondly I did say this is my first time breeding, im sure you where a pro when you first started.....xD
Thirdly i have a life outside of ark, i dont have time to waste (sorry, invest) hundreds of hours into it :)

7 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

We got your point.

Yes that's literally the point I wanted to get across so I'm glad you get what I'm trying to say, I don't believe they should be sued as OP was saying. It's just murky waters as far as accountability goes but then again I do not claim to know all the processes that Sony takes with game developers. Basically I do think OP is overreacting alot and I have had far worse problems but some more customer support/ticket response would be nice I guess.

Lock thread xD

Archived