Welp. Found out what they did in their ninja patch.

6 hours ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

Im stretching it i know but they could just remove the game from Steam at launch and distribute it themselves. That little Steam rule don't go anywhere now.

You want access to released and maintained servers? Buy it or stay on the old severs we won't update anymore(if they can manage to keep them running off of Steam). Plus they can say they didn't wiped any server, just closed the empty ones.

Not that i think that's what they want but not like it never happened to a game changing of owners hands.

wether they sell it on steam or not, the fact remains that its early access and that access will be kept. nowhere does it say it only applies to steam.

3 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

The patchnotes should go hand in hand with documentation, where someone should be dedicated to making sure the documentation and patchnotes are verbose, and accurate.

Even if this situation is maybe caused by the structure limit in a radius, this should be explained a bit more. It could well be that it is an issue that hasn't been encountered much, or could explain some people having issues with building on platforms that are in range of their main base.

this isnt a billion dollar company with years and years of experience like blizzard. they cant just throw around contracts to hire people to do things for them. they are a small team and need to divide their time wisely or it will get out of hand. i'd rather have some inconsistensies in the patchnotes and have a working game than have the best most up to date patchnotes and a game that doesnt work.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BubbaCrawfish
4 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

they cant just throw around contracts to hire people to do things for them.

So do you think the Community Moderators here are paid? You can get anyone to do anything for free.

Early access. Things said. If you can do better - feel free to make a game - I will gladly purchase the copy of EA and will come to your forum to see how you handle stuff. You can't? Oh boy what a surprise. 

Let them to collect the feedback. There is no point of coming on the forums and ranting about it. A detailed and informative feedback on designated forum section is much more efficient I believe. 

However, I agree about the patch notes - had to be done. Anyway, things can change and if they want they can turnaround the game to whatever they want as it was part of the agreement with the customer prior buying the game. Tomorrow we can fly on a Trex and shoot bananas from RPG if they want. 

Story will be different when the game will be finished and released. No offense to anyone.

18 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

we absolutely are not investors. investors own a % of what they invested in and will typically see a return on that investment. we, as players, in no way shape or form own any part of ark, and other than making suggestions have absolutely no say in how it is changed or not changed. you didnt buy ark. you bought a license to use it according to very specific rules. it is important to look at things how they really are as opposed to making up untrue scenarios in an attempt to validate your perceptions. i am not being sarcastic or snarky, i just wanted to address the "investor" analogy.:)

i am unaware of any changes to platforms and am curious myself. i will see if there is any info available.

The platforms on quetz's have been bugged for me build 1 piece and then can't build anymore for a while. I then come back to it in a few hours and can build again. I think they are just glitched. 

Try to move your Bronto away from your base. ARK devs tossed int he Ninja Ghost structure limit that screwed over any big tribes months ago. Also don't EVER expect anything resolved on these "Official Forums" Devs hardly visit only moderators that have no say or ability to do anything beyond kick you from the forums. Oh and the random Sheep "Bahhhh, bah ,bahhh Early Access, bahh, bahhh, bahhh"

16 minutes ago, GP said:

Current Version: v256.43

* Fixed a case where items were being highlighted despite not being able to be used (such as an incorrect saddle)

That's your so-called ninja patch right there.

I think we need some kind of category to move these threads that pretty much contribute nothing and just spread false information.  Let people spin all their wild hypotheses in there.

9 hours ago, DeningWei said:

Yep it's just you.  Everybody is too busy hypothesizing about it here to do anything complicated like that.

You know, there are those of us who have jobs too. If I was a paid tester instead of having paid to play it early, have limited free time and still be expected to show up to work on time....YEAH. I would totally test it! I wish I could.

On Thu Apr 20 2017 at 0:35 PM, LadyCreature said:

Actually I want to add on. In the business and money producing aspects. We are investors. Ark is one part product, the game itself. One part service, hosting of servers and customer service. When a company makes changes to product/service. It is part of the company's priority to inform the investors of what has been changed. The only difference here is that there is no contractual obligation where we can pull funding (get refunded) if the company decides that they want to go a different route that the investors didn't agree on. 

However it is in the best interest of the company to not be "ninja" changing the services or product. It's a practice that is highly regarded as bad. To the point where a business can lose its customer base and therefore it's livelihood to continue operating.

Therefore, it is highly recommended to be open and "transparent". There are many early access games that do that transparency. And they are doing great.

It's their priority to be adding content and getting this game to full release. They even have said as much as if you do not like how it is then you can take a break or pick up a different game. The game is in a constant state of change and for people to be as entitled as saying how WC should be running their company and developing their game is utterly ridiculous, especially considering anyone can do a little research and understand that this game isn't even a finished product. People willingly signed on for these shenanigans. Would it be nice to know everything,  yes, but it's really not owed to us at this point. There is no "ninjaing", that's a lazy excuse for those who don't understand the term "early access".

3 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

It's their priority to be adding content and getting this game to full release. They even have said as much as if you do not like how it is then you can take a break or pick up a different game. The game is in a constant state of change and for people to be as entitled as saying how WC should be running their company and developing their game is utterly ridiculous, especially considering anyone can do a little research and understand that this game isn't even a finished product. People willingly signed on for these shenanigans. Would it be nice to know everything,  yes, but it's really not owed to us at this point. There is no "ninjaing", that's a lazy excuse for those who don't understand the term "early access".

And we could debate this into the ground. Call it a parent wanting to see their child succeed. Debate back that we don't own the game and the analogy is poor. Call people entitled. Call them everything under the rainbow. But WHY are people so intent "invested" into this thing called Ark? No matter how poorly it is explained. Or how many arguments start over what should or should not be done followed by someone else locking the thread due to too much headbutt ing. 

Remember that it is because they want it to succeed. Feel free to disagree with how it should be done. But lets face it. What we all have in common is that we like the game and we want to see more from it. Can we at least agree on that?

On 20/04/2017 at 2:37 PM, lilpanda said:

From what I can tell, we have not made any changes to platforms in the most recent major or minor patches. There would also have been no reason for this change to be added especially without any notice. Out of curiosity have you tried making the platform changes in a distance place from all structures to ensure you aren't hitting some form of structures limit in a rendered range?

Is everyone going to read this or? Seems this reply has been somewhat ignored.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
55 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Is everyone going to read this or? Seems this reply has been somewhat ignored.

It may have been missed, but it surely hasn't been ignored.

But you cannot say that the documentation, and patchnotes have been encompassing of all changes, at all times...

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:21 AM, ducttapefixeseverything said:

You're one of those guys, huh? Well, Darth Vader, no one really likes your type. Pray the deal does not get altered further.

It would be "Well, Lando, ....Pray the deal does not get altered further"

Just sayin'

Enjoy the weekend, Eat, drink, and practice procreating!

-B

37 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

It may have been missed, but it surely hasn't been ignored.

But you cannot say that the documentation, and patchnotes have been encompassing of all changes, at all times...

No, I agree with you fully. But this time it may have just been a bug, and not a ninja patch. My server hit the platform cap as well.

On 4/20/2017 at 11:18 AM, ducttapefixeseverything said:

Positive. I thought of that one too. 19 players on, and over half of them are not at the level to have platform dinos. That, and alliance knew nothing about it, and were just as angry as I was. Plus I pulled two platforms off within five seconds of each other, and still could not place a thatch foundation, all in a fifteen second window.

That's a very short window.

Being able to build on a platform is also effected by other structers..have ya tried moving it away from anything else..away from all ur building...know iv had it befor where i couldnt build in my base but i got like 100 yards away i could...

On 4/20/2017 at 1:39 PM, ThzNutz said:

we absolutely are not investors. investors own a % of what they invested in and will typically see a return on that investment. we, as players, in no way shape or form own any part of ark, and other than making suggestions have absolutely no say in how it is changed or not changed. you didnt buy ark. you bought a license to use it according to very specific rules. it is important to look at things how they really are as opposed to making up untrue scenarios in an attempt to validate your perceptions. i am not being sarcastic or snarky, i just wanted to address the "investor" analogy.:)

i am unaware of any changes to platforms and am curious myself. i will see if there is any info available.

Your right, we are consumers and as to investors we are more important as a whole because they want a positive ROI. CEO changes happen as often as changing socks. The Devs started communicating to their consumers about changes and have established that rapport.

To use a girlfriend/relationship metaphor, when you start communicating about things of interest to them and then change by not mentioning those topics/details and they have to find out by other sources, it creates cracks of mistrust.

The Devs should be treated with respect, and they only can control what they can control, and shouldn't be worried about how others respond, but they should let consumers know simply because they are currently using their product and it's good business. Then it would make the disagreements exactly about the disagreements instead of oh, their sneaky and trying to get by through hustling something in. 

Anyways nothing wrong with changing an early access game, but don't change the way how they get things done. 

3 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

They keep things like this secret because of anonymous bomb threats.

Remember on 4chan when they said they were going to bomb WC for the Flyer Nerf?

Yeah, nerds are that obsessed with their game.

I do not remember that. Perhaps I was on the wrong board?

Wildcard should watch it's a$$. Weaponized autism is nothing to play with. /pol/ just annihilated a guy for being an idiot. Career over, going to jail.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
3 hours ago, SinWeaver said:

Any idea of the new number allowed?

Wasn't changed. More likely he was building in his mega base which has too many structures, and that limit was affecting the platform itself.

Archived