When is flyer V3 coming?

Ashelia

I waited a few weeks before deciding to post about the last V2 changes, I can say it's better but not good or perfect :

#1 Wyverns : * Still looks sad when walking runing on the ground.

* Flying speed is better but not quite yet the desired one, still takes forever to fly along the desert ( used that as the testing zone )

* (Most important) Combat is still bad -Stamina- , supposedly It's to be the air battle pet (king/lord), yet we still can't maintain air combat at all , you mostly have to do everything on land and I only manage like 4 breaths before I have to run away "slowly" to refill stamina, and you can't hold an air combat vs other wyvern (all of my wyverns are from 170-190 eggs), the fun I had flying in the sky battling them It's no longer back still.

#2 Argent :  * It's better but I wish we could use it to farm wyvern eggs again, and conerning that the buff -imo- should be towards making it viable to do that, like allowing it speed increase again while  having a speed cap to get the egg and make it capable to outrun wyverns for short period of time, meaning you are obligued to have a base next to the scar which would add to the difficulty of getting/raising them in a good way.

* The speed needed for this type of setting was 180 before the nerfs.

#3 Quetzal : * Overall in terms of stats It's good but speed...it makes you exhausted by just looking at it lol ( have not used them since the nerfs hit the servers, only to "test them" but parked them away to avoid anger issues - That says it all- 

Will be honest, the game is sorta very dull right now, flying is not so enjoyable anymore the trill I had while snatching eggs and battling those awesome giant lizards it's gone for now, fighting titans with my fiance on our wyverns (even though it took like 20-30 minutes) It's also out of the question and was also fun thing to do for us, and we only needed 2k stamina to do all of that on all of our wyverns without problems and we had to restore stamina alot of times while fighting the titan though with only 2k top, but it was tolerable since we could still manage to actually land around 10-12 breaths most of the times so it wasn't boring the waiting that is, now it's imposible since the breaks would be like every 20-30 seconds.

So all in all, when is the next version coming any ideas or someone heard anything xD? Sorta been quiet them devs since the last v2

The rest of the birds is up for the rest of the community to voice for =) , as my favorites are only wyverns and argents

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator

There is no ETA or any decisions made yet. The last comment on it was this:

On 4/18/2017 at 2:04 PM, Jat said:

The previous topic was closed due to how people were responding to one another, as for the numbers being final - that is untrue. We're still open to changing them. For now, we're just still seeing how things are panning out and whether we want to, but it certainly isn't a bluff. Though I will say that just because something is open to change, doesn't mean it will. When we're ready to make any further adjustments, TRH will release another spreadsheet indicating the changes :)

10 minutes ago, GP said:

Maybe they want to see console feedback before any further changes.

Oh I'm sure they will get the feedback they have been waiting for. Messing with the most joystick friendly dinos in the game. I play both equally but now since the flier update I haven't even used my pc. But doesn't it really just feel like a calm before the storm in the forums lately?

But please do tell us more about the little info you have on version 3, I'll read patiently while waiting for Conan Exiles to go on sale or drop on the Xbox, you know which ever comes first. I've already accepted being grounded. Omg, I think that's growth!!

Anyways good luck all!

IMG_1286.GIF

I don't think there's any indication a MK3 is coming/will come. It's down to us to provide them with information about the changes and provide suggestions, personally I wouldn't hold an expectation for this to change very soon.

The nerf made flyers unplayable I think everyone can agree on that but MK2 made most flyers achieve what WC believe their primary function is and reduced the diversity of their roles. Achieving exactly what they wanted to, balance. I agree that seeing the info some tweaks are needed but it's not breaking my game, I just don't use my Quetz for much anymore and that to my understanding was the desired affect lol

I can honestly see where they're coming from, they pretty much have a load of data and info on flyers and their presence in PvP from players but very little on the ground game because it's underplayed, just looking at boss fights, currently it's just breeding a tonne of Rex's? Personally I'm gunna start a breeding line of Gali and Iguanadon and see if they can keep up with what I use flyers for and provide feedback on them. The game meta has changed and people are adjusting, changing too much too quickly would be as uneducated as the initial nerf imo.

Everything we were told by the devs from just after the flyer nerf until a few days after the MK2 changes, was these numbers are not final.

"iterating in the coming days" "nerf to the ground and build back up" "collecting feedback for mk3" all come to mind.

then silence for over a week, and now its "there may or may not be more changes...if we decide to make changes we'll let you know"

It's real easy to get frustrated with this complete 180 and lack of communication.

All we can do now is keep testing, suggesting changes, and keep the discussion alive.

Till the inevitable whip lashing they will get from the console crowd come patch drop day. I mean think about it, there are a ton more Xbox players and I'm guessing the negative reaction to breaking a console game may blow up in WC big fat nose.

However I wonder if MS would allow a refund if the outrage is a large enough presents. I mean if I would have known that wyvrens and other birds sucked this much I wouldn't have dropped money on a crusty expansion.

If the game is subject to change then our money tword it should also be subject to change and be refunded. But these are just silly thoughts, all the same I do hope WC has there ears open when the console crowd gives them their feedback spankings. But they may just stay quiet and bare it. 

It just doesn't seem like the same place anymore. Oh and why can't quetzals stay airborne? God feels like my house fell outta the sky..

IMG_1287.JPG

57 minutes ago, Marcchillin said:

Till the inevitable whip lashing they will get from the console crowd come patch drop day. I mean think about it, there are a ton more Xbox players and I'm guessing the negative reaction to breaking a console game may blow up in WC big fat nose.

However I wonder if MS would allow a refund if the outrage is a large enough presents. I mean if I would have known that wyvrens and other birds sucked this much I wouldn't have dropped money on a crusty expansion.

If the game is subject to change then our money tword it should also be subject to change and be refunded. But these are just silly thoughts, all the same I do hope WC has there ears open when the console crowd gives them their feedback spankings. But they may just stay quiet and bare it. 

It just doesn't seem like the same place anymore. Oh and why can't quetzals stay airborne? God feels like my house fell outta the sky..

Thing is, and I hate myself for saying this, but what you paid for was not a game nor a DLC, you paid to ''Test an early access game''. I would not be surprised that once the game is officially released (which I doubt very much it will ever be), you will be asked to buy the finished product in order to play. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, powerstuck said:

Thing is, and I hate myself for saying this, but what you paid for was not a game nor a DLC, you paid to ''Test an early access game''. I would not be surprised that once the game is officially released (which I doubt very much it will ever be), you will be asked to buy the finished product in order to play. 

Anyone that has bought EA won't have to pay again at official release.

2 hours ago, Voidstar said:

I was thinking the same. Will console users get the inital nerf and after a week the v2, or the v2 directly?

They will get v2 straight off the bat.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, powerstuck said:

Just like they said they will not wipe the servers but are now thinking about it. 

They never said they wouldn't, as in it was set in stone that they wouldn't. They had always said they do not have the intention to wipe. There is a big difference between saying they wouldn't, and saying they have no intention. So the fact there's still a chance they could wipe is no different from the chance there was almost two years ago.

32 minutes ago, GP said:

They never said they wouldn't, as in it was set in stone that they wouldn't. They had always said they do not have the intention to wipe. There is a big difference between saying they wouldn't, and saying they have no intention. So the fact there's still a chance they could wipe is no different from the chance there was almost two years ago.

So, did they say ''They WOULDN'T'' charge early access for the finished product, or they said ''They HAVE NO INTENTION'' ?

4 hours ago, powerstuck said:

EA or not we have already paid for the product.  It's bad enough a lot of us paid full price for a still in development game.  Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about that because even with all the "issues" I still enjoy the game very much.  That being said, I will not pay for this game twice, and I'm sure most players feel the same.

The fact is WC gets to cash in on a game that isn't even done, pretty sweet deal for them. They also get the benefit of getting multiple testers for the game.  The flip side of that is they have to deal with all our b*tching about every little thing :)    And we get to enjoy a very cool, very unique game, that if we had to wait till release we would not get the pleasure of playing for some time.

12 hours ago, Ashelia said:

I waited a few weeks before deciding to post about the last V2 changes, I can say it's better but not good or perfect :

#1 Wyverns : * Still looks sad when walking runing on the ground.

* Flying speed is better but not quite yet the desired one, still takes forever to fly along the desert ( used that as the testing zone )

* (Most important) Combat is still bad -Stamina- , supposedly It's to be the air battle pet (king/lord), yet we still can't maintain air combat at all , you mostly have to do everything on land and I only manage like 4 breaths before I have to run away "slowly" to refill stamina, and you can't hold an air combat vs other wyvern (all of my wyverns are from 170-190 eggs), the fun I had flying in the sky battling them It's no longer back still.

#2 Argent :  * It's better but I wish we could use it to farm wyvern eggs again, and conerning that the buff -imo- should be towards making it viable to do that, like allowing it speed increase again while  having a speed cap to get the egg and make it capable to outrun wyverns for short period of time, meaning you are obligued to have a base next to the scar which would add to the difficulty of getting/raising them in a good way.

* The speed needed for this type of setting was 180 before the nerfs.

#3 Quetzal : * Overall in terms of stats It's good but speed...it makes you exhausted by just looking at it lol ( have not used them since the nerfs hit the servers, only to "test them" but parked them away to avoid anger issues - That says it all- 

Will be honest, the game is sorta very dull right now, flying is not so enjoyable anymore the trill I had while snatching eggs and battling those awesome giant lizards it's gone for now, fighting titans with my fiance on our wyverns (even though it took like 20-30 minutes) It's also out of the question and was also fun thing to do for us, and we only needed 2k stamina to do all of that on all of our wyverns without problems and we had to restore stamina alot of times while fighting the titan though with only 2k top, but it was tolerable since we could still manage to actually land around 10-12 breaths most of the times so it wasn't boring the waiting that is, now it's imposible since the breaks would be like every 20-30 seconds.

So all in all, when is the next version coming any ideas or someone heard anything xD? Sorta been quiet them devs since the last v2

The rest of the birds is up for the rest of the community to voice for =) , as my favorites are only wyverns and argents

You're not supposed to kill titans, you're supposed tame them or kill someone trying to tame 1..

15 minutes ago, Ronson12 said:

You're not supposed to kill titans, you're supposed tame them or kill someone trying to tame 1..

Not true why do you think your given so much xp for killing one also the ark wiki gives instructions for killing one to level up a player/dino quickly 

You can actually kill the Titanosaur with just 3 Allosauruses. Hit the Titanosaur with the strongest Allosaurus, then run away. 1 hit from pack leader Allosaurus will cause the Titanosaur to bleed for approximately 11000 damage. Just rinse and repeat for just a few minutes and the Titanosaur will almost be dead. Then shoot it with RPG to grant the full xp to your survivor, or continue finishing it off with the Allosaurus to grant them xp, although be aware that if it dies from the bleeding effect, it's possible no xp will be given. If one wishes to do the latter, it would be wise to have another tribe mate watch the fight from a close distance while mounting a dino that needs to be leveled, as that mounted dino will also get a large chunk of the xp. This is a great way to level flyers.

2 minutes ago, myksta0121 said:

Not true why do you think your given so much xp for killing one also the ark wiki gives instructions for killing one to level up a player/dino quickly 

You can actually kill the Titanosaur with just 3 Allosauruses. Hit the Titanosaur with the strongest Allosaurus, then run away. 1 hit from pack leader Allosaurus will cause the Titanosaur to bleed for approximately 11000 damage. Just rinse and repeat for just a few minutes and the Titanosaur will almost be dead. Then shoot it with RPG to grant the full xp to your survivor, or continue finishing it off with the Allosaurus to grant them xp, although be aware that if it dies from the bleeding effect, it's possible no xp will be given. If one wishes to do the latter, it would be wise to have another tribe mate watch the fight from a close distance while mounting a dino that needs to be leveled, as that mounted dino will also get a large chunk of the xp. This is a great way to level flyers.

True, I just get bored of cowards on all the servers I've been on killing it for no other reason than so no one can tame it, you know instead of actually taming  it them selves. 

9 minutes ago, Ronson12 said:

True, I just get bored of cowards on all the servers I've been on killing it for no other reason than so no one can tame it, you know instead of actually taming  it them selves. 

Yeah i get where your coming from but I have tamed one with my allies before for a raid, and its a pain in the butt, also a well defended base can kill a titan very quickly there stamina drain is hurrendous, so the cost of making x amount of cannon balls/chance of broken cannons against effectiveness of the raid capabilities makes the titan pretty useless for raiding a base with a mass amount of turrets, i consider it more of a statement tame, also the fact that you cannot feed it so it will die is another nail in the coffin for me.

Also back on topic i feel that every player is so used to how the birds movement speed was pre nerf, that it feels like we have gone from flying round in a bugatti to flying a milk float, there so slow it actualy gets boring flying to where you need to go its safer but boring.

Archived