re-balance The long Await Flyer Re-balance is finally here, what are your thoughts on it?

Bolty

7 hours ago, Taiine said:

It's useless. The update is a damn joke.

At the time my 7th gen quetz on a HARDCORE PVP official server is out right useless. It don't even have the stam to fly to our allis base that's right across the river from us with out needing to land first! This so called update isn't going to be changing that very much at all.

The flyers stam drain is far to large, and it's not changing with the next coming patch. There giving us some base stam but people have already done the math and it'll hardly be noticeable. Woohoo I get a few extra wing flaps before I need to land and sit for a while as stam regens.

It got bad on the server when one tribe had to bring their flyers on the back of a darn BRONTO to get them to a raid as it was faster than flying, then ended up not using them because there stam drain is to much and their speed makes them sitting ducks for snipers. Plus their weight can hardly hold the rider all geared up let alone anyone they some how manage to pluck.

Hell, most of us can run on foot faster and further than our flyers can fly. Most of us were just getting around on Thylo's as they can run faster and further, can scale walls and take little fall damage.

So when is the nerf to land dinos and their ability to just keep going like crazy? Or the nerf to player move speed?

Anyone who QQ's over flyers are likely the people that sucked at PVP. We use to use flyers to support our land troops. Our Rex's, our Gigas, our titan in one raid we marched along to take out the alpha tribe at the time. Land battles, air battles, people setting up turret towers, people on foot in ghilly trying to sneek past enemy lines. Don't see where WildCard think's people are living on their darn flyers.. No one is.

But now even with the upcoming buff flyers are still going to be useless, the 'rolls' they are offering are pointless. They will still have too high of a stam drain, there speed is going to make them easy targets, and my quetz even with the weight boost there giving it is still not going to be able to hit the metal spawns with out wasting so much darn time being a sitting duck as it has to keep sitting there to get stam back after a short hop.

Know what is sad? When our allies can chain 5 ankys on follow together and make it to the metal nodes ON FOOT before our quetz + anky can even make it.

How is any of this 'balanced'?

Our server died a few days after the patch hit. NO ONE was happy about it. After some general chat with those that didn't out right quit at first we all pretty much agreed to switch to Conan Exiles as it was better than what WildCard was offering us. A tribe found a low pop Conan pvp server and the rest all flooded to it, making it a high pop overnight. I went back to the ark server the other night and it showed 2 players on it.. What use to be a high pop hardcore pvp server is now a ghost town, and no these up coming changes after people were doing the math on it, would not bring anyone back, as these changes are not enough.

So there giving us a little base stam back, and allowing quetz to have weight again.

But the stam drain is unchanged, you will still only be able to do short hops on flyers., there speed is still going to make them a sitting duck. Know your petra's? There nearly unchanged, the patch is hardly touching them. So that gives you an idea of what will be coming.

It's a joke.

The people who whine to nerf everything are Bob level tens who live in a 2x2 wood hut with no turrets and don't want to put any work into the game. All the people who get raided by only flyers is because they have horrible bases.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Hypsy said:

The Wyrvern is sweet in my opinion, But would be nice to get a few more special attacks off.

Wyvern WAS sweet, now its trash because you're slow, have no stamina, and can barely use your breath attack. Its not like I can put points into stamina either since I already leveled it up beforehand and all those points are lost

57 minutes ago, Hypsy said:

I haven't tried my Tapa, But it was already sweet.

Tapa could get a use of some special ability... like "rider weapons" so rider himself can shoot from midair. Because its higher mobility isnt really that usefull and you cannot completely stop (using "X") on them.

1 minute ago, JaHakk said:

Well one thing this nerf does you they gonna have to redo the Christmas event now and do away with Raptorclaus because you wont be able to get to his drops thats for sure. They will just have to make where when you log on Christmas morning you have presents in your base.

That a lie. A high level Ptera specced into stamina (1k) can fly from green obelisk to red in 3 and a half minutes (with 1 stam refuel). Thats fast enough to chase Raptor Claus and track his droplings. Its not like they instantly drop to the ground anyway - you have time to get there and collect.

1 minute ago, DarthaNyan said:

That a lie. A high level Ptera specced into stamina (1k) can fly from green obelisk to red in 3 and a half minutes (with 1 stam refuel). Thats fast enough to chase Raptor Claus and track his droplings. Its not like they instantly drop to the ground anyway - you have time to get there and collect.

Don't know what world you living in but my ptera with 1k stam can hardly get off the floating island before having to find a place to land.

Taiine said:  "At the time my 7th gen quetz on a HARDCORE PVP official server is out right useless. It don't even have the stam to fly to our allis base that's right across the river from us with out needing to land first! This so called update isn't going to be changing that very much at all. "

I'm not sure what the issue is for you.  Last night I spawned in a 150 Quetz, ended up accumulating 4 levels to put into stamia, and did a test run from the Volcano to the Red Obelisk.  I had to land once to regen Stamina, and it took less than 6 1/2 minutes.  Your 7th gen Quetz, assuming you've got great stats and it's well leveled, shouldn't be having any issues with flying across the river... or half way across the map for that matter.

24 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

Taiine said:  "At the time my 7th gen quetz on a HARDCORE PVP official server is out right useless. It don't even have the stam to fly to our allis base that's right across the river from us with out needing to land first! This so called update isn't going to be changing that very much at all. "

I'm not sure what the issue is for you.  Last night I spawned in a 150 Quetz, ended up accumulating 4 levels to put into stamia, and did a test run from the Volcano to the Red Obelisk.  I had to land once to regen Stamina, and it took less than 6 1/2 minutes.  Your 7th gen Quetz, assuming you've got great stats and it's well leveled, shouldn't be having any issues with flying across the river... or half way across the map for that matter.

it sounds like old mate has no idea how to level and or breed dinos if his 7th gen Quetz cant fly 30 seconds

36 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

One of the problems is that imprinting quetz gave it move speed, which was the only worthwhile state gained on a PVE server.  My weight transport quetz had no points in speed before, so maybe its the same speed now, which is great.  My dino transport quetz is worthless right now, as all the dinos are faster than it.

I didn't think of this before, but on PVE servers quetz are worthless aside from weight transport/flying turret platforms for golem taming.  Breeding them is useless on PVE now, along with every other flyer.  The only reason I bred flyers was for the imprint speed bonus.

I think that the biggest thing the player base is stuck on is that there are no means of getting any speed bonuses.

My suggestions:

1. Give us back the imprinting bonus on speed. Promote breeding and imprinting.

2. Give some sort of hidden modifier that buffs speed in higher level birds. e.g. .5 points per level. Allow that speed bonus to be present in wild and tamed birds to make the wild ones slightly harder to tame.

3. in my mind, all birds of a type having the same speed sets up potential scenarios where "mall cop" style chases are happening and there is no chance to catch or be caught while on birds. It also puts certain birds at permanent risk of being targeted by a faster flier such as the Quetz vs. Wyvern. some of these scenarios are acceptable and some become absurd.

Players, I think that the time for anger is passed, Wildcard is listening: they have made changes that players have been asking for for months (such as weight bonus on anky) and changes that have really been needed (ground attacks on flyers). The more constructive ideas that are presented the more likely they are to listen. As much as I would like to see the flier speed return, I would also like to see the ground game improved:

• I would like to see improvements to pathing and following on the ground.
  • I would like to have a "defensive" state added to Dinos so that when caravanning the dino can be set to defend itself, but not aggro on any attack. That way I can have defensive dinos protect the pack without worrying that my cargo dinos are going to get murdered while I am fighting a mob.
  • Thank you for the weight bonus on specific harvesting dinos, that has been a long time coming.
  • Stam-lock and torpor are a little overpowered right now especially form Troodons. Perhaps having movement and attack speed slowed is better than being knocked unconscious and having to sit and watch your character be killed with no option to fight back.

5 hours ago, CyberGameZone said:

I read these forums, watch WC release minor updates. Almost looks like we are negotiating what we want back. Stand strong and firm. We want back what was so easily taken. Everyone see's the forum topics all across the internet about this issue. We have seen post after post. I'm not here to negotiate. I paid full price for a once awesome game. Matter of fact, I bought several copies at full price in getting folks to play. Now I am embarrassed to bring anyone. Off to install some MODs.

Following Robersdee:
Classic Flyers Mod - ~45 thousand downloads in 4 days.
As of 4/6/17 @ 8:25 Pacific: 44,761. <-- Um, thats alot.

wait- update at 8:30a- 44,905

Stand as firm as you want. The devs are firm on it not getting reverted. Not just that but I am seeing more and more people saying it's almost perfect. 1 or at most 2 little buffs left and then devs will be happy with it.

7 hours ago, McLeach said:

Wow that was professional. This really is ridiculous. People have a very strong point, 4 days of time to get something done and it turns to rubbish in their hands. There are aspects of the game that are unplayable now. And a great deal of time being wasted. This game takes time to do anything. It's plain and simple. Everything is a significant investment of time. Just try to understand how these people feel about that. I'm sure your coders and artists understand the devotion of time to get it perfect and can attest to the effort. I'm waiting patiently for this to blow over. But I'm starting to realize it's not going to. I've lost all my friends for ark. They're all going to conan. I'm just at a loss I don't know what to do. I'm heartbroken. I'll really miss this game. 

Even the it won't blow over they will do their best to lighten the blow for people.

as far as having a strong point goes, once you start to over exaggerate numbers or experiences their strong point weakens even more. If someone wants to get there point across they need to be accurate 

6 hours ago, JaHakk said:

Wrong. It is broken. I can't even get off the floating island hardly on the center where my base is without having to stop. The list a ptera as a scout but you can only fly 1/10th of the map before having to stop. It is broken to the point where I now have no tribe mates because they quit because of the ill advised "update". Where my server upwards of 60 players on now is reduced to 20. Oh its broken alright.

It will get better, just a little patience is needed. They are working on it though. They already have one buff up and running 

6 hours ago, JaHakk said:

Wrong. It is broken. I can't even get off the floating island hardly on the center where my base is without having to stop. The list a ptera as a scout but you can only fly 1/10th of the map before having to stop. It is broken to the point where I now have no tribe mates because they quit because of the ill advised "update". Where my server upwards of 60 players on now is reduced to 20. Oh its broken alright.

if they quit then good riddance. no balls and no adaptability. and you are overreacting you can still fly from the center island over the gap with all flying dinos. 

i think 1/10th of the map is a good distance to travel. making you choose a desirable landing spot is better for overal immersion and survival

9 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Game developers used to just make the game and sell it as is. When did gamers become so entitled?

The same time every person has become entitled in real life.  

BUT especially on early access games where the devs are testing the game and seeking feedback, I don't think people who legit love this game talking about how much they dislike a change is out of line at all.  I want to continue to enjoy the game, I don't want to get bored, I don't want to burn out due to white-noise game-play.

6 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

I watched a raid the Nerd Parade crew recorded in 256.29 and even pre buff, the picking problem is still there. Changing speed & stam values isn't gonna stop that, only disabling it will. Good pvpers will adapt & still use it no problem.  

Glad to hear people are still playing and adapting. Nerf can't be that bad then

7 minutes ago, tidalblade said:

The same time every person has become entitled in real life.  

BUT especially on early access games where the devs are testing the game and seeking feedback, I don't think people who legit love this game talking about how much they dislike a change is out of line at all.  I want to continue to enjoy the game, I don't want to get bored, I don't want to burn out due to white-noise game-play.

I would recommend trying no tame servers. Very fun and good pvp

18 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Game developers used to just make the game and sell it as is. When did gamers become so entitled?

Game Developers used to have to pay for Q+A and Testers, to be fair. The work we're doing for the developers is substantial, and while I'm not sure it breaks even with the server upkeep/cost vs tester pay/salary, it's a thing that exists.

The developers know that there will be whining, gnashing of teeth and such over nerfs (Particularly as bad as Wildcard is at handling, well, basically anything and everything PR related), but the quality and quantity of testing in an EA environment like this is nearly unmatched. 

• GP locked this topic

Archived