Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

I have been waiting all day to be able to post my opinions on this patch, for some reason I wasn't allowed to post last night, Idk if it had to do with my user rank being so low or what but here we go;

I have read a lot of rant posts as well as constructive ones and, in my opinion, all I'm seeing is that you're all proving them right in the fact that everyone is way too depenant on the flying mounts and don't even remotely consider land mounts as an option. As soon as you can't fly here and there so many of you are just flipping the table and walking out on the game. This dependancy and tunnel focus on just flyers being the only useful mount is exactly what they wanted to erase from your minds. So what, you can't pick out a dino and drop it in a taming pen? Oh man, life must be rough for us all huh? Did you ever think of going old school and taking it down in the wilderness and making a wall around it like we used to do a year ago? Your taming pen isn't the only option available it's just the only one you're willing to accept because it's what you're so used to.

In my opinion, I am perfectly fine with the speed nurf. It may take some more time to get around but, seriously, the Tylacoleo is so dang fun to run around on and gets you there so much faster than an argey imo. I basically stopped using flyers to get around as soon as it came out but because I wasn't afraid to embrace the land dinos. The one thing I am pretty let down by is the stam change. Again, I can handle the speed lowered but I don't understand why completely dissabling a wide spectrum of dinos provided in the game was the option you chose to go. Why have content provided to us and then make them useless on purpose? There are already so many pointless dinos out there, they would even be pointless if you had completely removed the flyers all together, and you could totally make them great again but instead you chose to remove more dino's usefullness in hopes people use the original useless ones in it's place. I suggest letting up on the stam debuff a little bit, expecially on the wyverns, because they have the special attack that drains the stamena already. Even making the stam recovery a little slower instead of dropping it to an impossible level would be better than what's been given us to work with right now. I haven't had a chance to actually play with my dinos yet since the update because my PC and our server isn't agreeing with it at all and we haven't been able to get them to work yet so I'm just going by all the plethera of posts I've been reading over the evening.

I've finally gotten to see some youtube videos of people playing with the new update and I do agree, the UI menue doesn't look bad but there are many aspects that are confusing. The hotbar at the bottom of the screen during gameplay is quite bold and distracting to the eye and the font used seems to blend into the background a bit too much from what I can see. Again, I haven't gotten to mess around wtih any of it so aside from looks I can't really give much input on it otherwise.

I'm excited for water breeding and the new Leed fish, I hear it's too OP for boats though which could be a drag but I never really used them so it doesn't damge my personal gameplay much. I will say, though, you're suggesting we find new ways to travel around the map by disabling the flying dinos but then crush the boats at the same time. Seems like a bit much at once maybe? Honestly, though, I never really used boats but the dossier suggests you can trap them and harvest them regulary and lurring them in with a fleet of boats kinda sounds fun to me >3

The horse taming looks amazing and kind of gives it a minecraft feel lol It's cool that you can ride around on the horse while it's taming and it's these new little features that makes me want to get out there and play with the new content. I wish you would add more unique stuff like this because it changes things so slightly and adds to our gameplay enough to intrugue us to try it out.

One major thing I'm really sad about is the dino sounds. You didn't change any of the newer ones but the dinos that have been around for so long that their voices kinda calm me and I really enjoyed them. After playing a year with the same dino sounds you really get used to them and enjoy them, the quetz was my absolute favorite of all times. I was literally on the redood mountain collecting crystals two days ago and telling my friend about how I loved the quetz sounds because it was nostalgic ark for me. We had a SE map for a while and used wyverns over quetz for getting to our forge (which was on a really high pilar) and after we switched back to the island map I was remembering how great the sounds were but now we don't even get them anymore =/ That's really saddening to me probably more than it should be lol It's not just the old school feeling their noises gave but when I take down a dino and I'm guarding it's body, the moment I heard a compy or dilo I was right on top of it because of their sounds, you associate their noises with an immediate trigger to go kick butt before it wrecked your tame and now we have to relearn them all over again. That's now always a bad thing and we're humans and humans are creatures that adapt, adjust and overcome but I'm just kind of confused why these changes to the old dinos were even done to begin with? Is it possible to get maybe a reasoning behind their ideas for the new sounds @GamerPerfection ?

The new mini vaults are super cute, imo. I never used mine for building of walls so it doesn't bother me that they're tiny, in fact I kinda like it because I can fit more in my workshop then I could before. Yet another random change that kinda amuses me because I'm so used to seeing the big ones lol Hopefully I can fit another mini vault in between two that are already placed cuz it's gonna kinda stink to have to demolish them just to re-align them again lol

In conclusion, most of this update I'm really happy about it's just kinda saddening that it's all getting placed aside because the negatives of this update overshadow them greatly. I really would like to see more stamena for the flyers, just so we can get a little further than possible at the moment. You really have no choice but to spam the sprint now and it's kind of forcing everyone to drain their stam faster than they would have to with any other dino. It doesn't feel balanced to me at all, if it was balanced then all the other dinos would be the same issues instead of making the flyers derpy handicap vegitables. Maybe give us a preditor in the air to look out for? The thylas gave a really fun danger aspect to the red woods that I felt they really needed and I kinda wish there was more of that in the other biomes rather than just taking away from what we had.

Oh another thing, after downloading this update, as I said before, it's not working for my PC or the server. I verifyed my game and it said I had 1,252 files for verify! Dang son! I've never had more than 3 of 4. Is this something that happened with the update itself? I can't even figure out why that many files need to be fixed up =o *screen shot saved if interested to see*

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BubbaCrawfish
28 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Stamina level-ups

Staminas base got quartered or something... The levels weren't taken off them.

This is why I've been saying about the stats needing a reset like a dinomindwipe option would be better so we can figure out what we actually want to put our stats back into considering the change being so broad and major.

15 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Staminas base got quartered or something... The levels weren't taken off them.

This is why I've been saying about the stats needing a reset like a dinomindwipe option would be better so we can figure out what we actually want to put our stats back into considering the change being so broad and major.

My Wyvern had ~20 level ups in stamina and was level 175. Now it's level 158.

Yet it's exp bar is still at 175.

This Had Better Be An April Fool's Joke

I cant actually believe they did this. All to pander to the Chinese raiding whining little retards on pvp that sit there and complain but wont just switch to a pve server to stop their stuff from getting rekt. Been playing Ark for almost a year now, touched pvp here and there with the full understanding that i can get destroyed at any moment and not to get attached to anything i build/tame. I have been on Ark through horrible nerfs, horrendous bouts of lag/rubberbanding, unfair events, and rollbacks little with no explanations, lost numerous tames to gltiches that had nothing to do with me whatsoever but everything to do with how the game is coded or not coded in many senses. Not to mention i have tribe issues to this day have not been fixed because of some stupid rule they cant go back on. Now this, after literal weeks-months of raising/imprinting wyverns, speed queztals, speed pteras, and speed tapejs this "patch" comes in and erases all that hard work and gives no compensation for it. Literally changing how ark is played in the sky in its entirety and for what...to appease the crying babies on pvp, they are just going to complain next week about something else, but hey look guys the UI is all different now so its perfectly fine, screw that!!! This needs to be fixed or i am done, i haven't left a steam review at all for ark since the moment i started playing but i will quit and leave the worst review imaginable if this isnt rectified. 

Can we expect a roll-back?

• My wyvern's max lvl is suddenly 24 lvls lower, and no points i can spend to increase it's lvl back to the old state,
    • And I am not the only one with this problem.
  • There is a exploit to get millions of health and thousands of damage on your dino's.
    • Bossfights are now easier then ever
    • PvP/PvE- wise, unfair advantages
      • Really 1x C4 per dino?
      • C4 raiding with dino's is just a thing people can hate/love,
        • U even increased the dmg on C4, just reduce the dmg again on it.
          • So u need to use more materials/dino's in order to get the same results.
  • Not everyone likes the new interface!
    • Please give us an option to switch between old/new interface.
  • Stamina/ Flying speed reduction
    • It's just poop
      • Stamina way too less, in my eyes
        • An Argentavis is a better flyer then a wyvern atm
      • Flying speed...
        • Basically u made cars move faster then airplains...
  • Water breeding
    • Shark lays eggs,
      • Dolphins do Gastate,
    • Octopus lays eggs,
      • Fix it please!

A majority speaking their minds, even a negative opinion is a damn good feedback!
It does not allways have to be constructive feedback...
... in order to do something with it

2 hours ago, DragonEnchantress said:

I have been waiting all day to be able to post my opinions on this patch, for some reason I wasn't allowed to post last night, Idk if it had to do with my user rank being so low or what but here we go;

I have read a lot of rant posts as well as constructive ones and, in my opinion, all I'm seeing is that you're all proving them right in the fact that everyone is way too depenant on the flying mounts and don't even remotely consider land mounts as an option. As soon as you can't fly here and there so many of you are just flipping the table and walking out on the game. This dependancy and tunnel focus on just flyers being the only useful mount is exactly what they wanted to erase from your minds.

In my opinion, I am perfectly fine with the speed nurf. It may take some more time to get around but, seriously, the Tylacoleo is so dang fun to run around on and gets you there so much faster than an argey imo.

The problem is your assumptions, I mean not all of us fly around just dropping anything into a taming pen, its about getting from A to B. Birds fly flaster than land animals run, its nature, it's as realistic as it should be with a game featuring giant birds and dinosaurs could be. And just because you have had time to use a flier to get yourself a thyla what makes you think everyone has. It's creating massive inbalance, now every tribe that is established has used old rules, new players are screwed. I have to rebuild my entire game swapping from console to pc and now face major setbacks. Mainly it isn't making life harder, just makes doing things longer. Playing solo I never exploited or even got a quetz, platform saddles on a flying bird has always seemed ridiculous. But to stop a bird that would have had stamina enough to cross continents in real life from flying 4 squares on a map is stupid.  And you said it yourself, you decided to try a thyla, you wasn't forced to by others making you decide. I want them to make the game more realistic, stop them flying at night, give us ways to defend against special attacks, humans are known to be very creative when it comes to making things to either kill or survive., all the problems people have with flyers are things they hate with people, not the animals, nerfing an animal that was perfectly fine to stop a few people being sausages is not the way forward, its 2 steps back.

And I totally agree Thylas are great fun, how long till they nerf its OP attack, speed or climbing ability and make it a waste of time. Its gonna be the whiners next target

Some possible, realistic nerf ideas that aren't totally game changing...

Argents and other feathered animals are very susceptible to fire damage, and are grounded until healed if enough feathers get damaged.

Pteras have fragile wings, give them a hit box so they can take damage and effect the flying speed and or ability

Quetz remove the platform saddle, it was stupid and opens things up to abuse

Wildlife needs to have some fear of fire, torches shouldn't just be for a little warmth or sight, they are a valuable weapon against things like wolves, and should keep thylas, microraptors and the likes away. Fur/feathers and fire don't mix, but on the flip side it could attract cold blooded animals that seek warmth. its the little things..

Thorny armour that resists being picked up would be a good idea to counter being picked up/removed from a mount, but it should have a trade off, be hot or hard to get, that needs repairing often

Thats what I would change and maybe add everything as daytime or nocturnal creatures that need to rest and will refuse to do anything

title says it all argies pteras even my rarely colored mutant quetz now lie at the bottom of a feeding trough. theres really no point in having them anymore most of my land creatures are far faster and have better stamina and carry weight. the ability to not have to move around trees and rocks because they can fly is not enough of a reason to keep them. you wanted players to use land dinos more mission accomplshed i doubt anyone will tame a flier again until this brutishly heavy handed nerf is lessened or removed entirely.

i dont really care i probably will never tame a flier again i never used them much to begin with theyre mostly a convinience tame to make gathering ore or moving base simpler. but knowing the devs seem to have a personal vendetta against them or listen to pvp players a bit too much i really dont feel like taming fliers any more. when one ham fisted dev or a pvp player having a bad day giving feedback can ruin everything its just not worth my time.

I hate the flier nerf. This means to go anywhere in a reasonable amount of time, I have to use my best, strongest, land dinos, and just pray there isn't a giga anywhere, or both my dino and my gear will be gone in a short amount of time. Thank you PVP'ers for forcing this change. I hope you are happy, I am not. I wish PVP, except for RP, was NOT part of any game.

2 hours ago, Milsurp said:

@JatSuggestion to fix flyers so everyone is way more happy.

Pointless to waste time to show them how issues need to be adressed. They are beyond the point when they accept any constructive feedback from the players.... they just think brute force is the answer to every problems and players are just labrats without any brain, who dont deserve early warning of upcoming changes or proper customer support. 

6 minutes ago, szabiferi said:

Pointless to waste time to show them how issues need to be adressed. They are beyond the point when they accept any constructive feedback from the players.... they just think brute force is the answer to every problems and players are just labrats without any brain, who dont deserve early warning of upcoming changes or proper customer support. 

You're sadly mistaken. They've stated this is a start, they will be adjusting and player feedback will be taken into account. I don't like how any of their patches are rolled or that they seem to be guided by survivorship bias, but that doesn't mean they don't care about making players happy.

Just now, Milsurp said:

You're sadly mistaken. They've stated this is a start, they will be adjusting and player feedback will be taken into account. I don't like how any of their patches are rolled or that they seem to be guided by survivorship bias, but that doesn't mean they don't care about making players happy.

Uhuh... and how they will find the player feedback? Reading thousands of posts? Eh? This is just a marketing sentence to try to calm people.

Did they do anything with player feedback - apart from ignoring it - about the blueprint nerfs? Did they ever admitted that clamping the properties of the high quality BPs without reducing the material costs was a pointless stupid thing? Did they do anything to correct it or balance it properly? 

No they didnt, because now they think all their decisions are perfect and unquestionable. Because this is EA, and this is THEIR game. 

Just now, szabiferi said:

Uhuh... and how they will find the player feedback? Reading thousands of posts? Eh? This is just a marketing sentence to try to calm people.

Did they do anything with player feedback - apart from ignoring it - about the blueprint nerfs? Did they ever admitted that clamping the properties of the high quality BPs without reducing the material costs was a pointless stupid thing? Did they do anything to correct it or balance it properly? 

No they didnt, because now they think all their decisions are perfect and unquestionable. Because this is EA, and this is THEIR game. 

You're in the wrong place to complain about anything not in this patch, kk? 

25 minutes ago, Jtmorris said:

You will enjoy Ark more now. Fliers make the game way too easy.

Hahaha yeah dude I love spending ridiculous amounts of time just to travel from my main base on the center to the ice palace for org poly, and then doing it all over again just to get it back to base, likely spoiling 1/10 of the stacks in the process. That's what was really holding me down I think, not having all that extra time to just look forward while I slowly fly back to my base. I'm sure the people who either haven't bought SE or aren't able to find a server that will let them raise dragons are even more freed, blissfully gliding across the map at a serene 135% speed on their pteras, they'll really have time to take in the scenery they've seen thousands of times before, and in such detail too. I think that's what this game is really all about you know? Wasting time doing absolutely nothing. What a constructive observation, thanks for the feedback!

3 minutes ago, Myst said:

No reason to do that!  ...not yet, anyways.

This nerf was harsh, and really overboard, in my opinion, but they did it so they can fix what is wrong.

Jat has said that they are looking for feedback, and will be changing it.

I wish you would have given it some time. This makes me sad to see. 

You know, I lost my faith in them.. when you say "they can fix what is wrong".. man, this patch just shown me they DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX SOMETHING WHAT WRONG. 

Were ptera was OP... most people could agree with that, so that was a thing to fix.

Were they able to fix THAT issue.... yeah, by nerfing all the flyers, including dimorphodon, tapejara, argenta... its not like they didn't have time to think about solutions.. they had weeks, months.... and THIS was the solution from the to FIX some (!!) OP birds...

They had time to plan the fix, no one forced them to do this, they could take as much time as they wanted. And this is the best they could come up with....

11 minutes ago, Milsurp said:

You're in the wrong place to complain about anything not in this patch, kk? 

No. I talked about how they will collect feedback about this patch  (bolded the word for you). Indeed you have no answer on the question on HOW the feedback will be collected, just mindlesly repeated the BS from the devs...

Luckily you are not in the position to tell me what can or cannot I do in a forum, go away. 

I feel that the devs have been purposely harsh with the nerf hammer.  They probably nerfed everything waay past the point that they believed they needed to, and will make some future concessions to make it look like they are appeasing everyone so that they finally arrive back to the minor nerf they were always intending.

This is a more effective way to manage the fanbase than to keep applying smaller nerfs until the desired point is reached as it is some initial pain followed by some carrots rather than just repeated negatives.

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived