Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, catnip said:

If this is an april fool's joke then they've just cost themselves a lot of money. Folks are EXTREMELY unhappy with the flying nerf, to the point of asking for a refund from Steam. Not well played, WC. Not well played at all.

it better be a joke ill be one of the people asking for a refund. took half my q stam ALLL of its speed  lose 47 levels and they give me back 4 points? whothe hell are they kidding? its the bp plans and stupid planning all over again. Better be careful what i say  Gamer Perfection seems to be stalking me lol

I hope the rating on steam tanks into something along the lines of "extremely unpopular" or something so they loose out on sales, part of me thinks they're expecting this to happen hence the sudden sale.

I bought this game in Christmas sales and I've loved it ever since day one. The EA with a DLC map sort of annoyed me but I also bought it, it was nice content, the idea of wyverns pulled me in, the idea of this extremely hard version pulled me in too.

However the normal game is going to be extremely hard for any new player now. Starting at Christmas was hard enough but now with all the poop that pulls you off mounts, knocks you out and the only safe heaven (skys) is now useless and slow to the point its not worth it.

I hope no one buys SE as the one thing which appeals to most people is the Wyverns and now its basically impossible to gather eggs and near impossible to gather milk. What is the point?

I'm all for nerfing but applying a patch like this on a Friday night without any feedback or willingness to reply or give us an update is an absolute joke, especially for someone like myself who can only play on the weekend.

ABSOLUTE JOKE. I actually turned Ark off this morning when I found out, I'll play Mass effect or something until this is reverted.

I feel bad for the people raising wyverns right now. They've spent hours apon hours and now they've just been told to "haha unlucky, raptor off and watch your babies die cause we're mindless and didn't think past the "HUR DUR NURF NERF".

g raptoring g

7 minutes ago, Vaskur said:

if it is, it´s maybe the worst one ever... 

...but actually... i fear, that this is a real nerf...

I'm personally not too worried about the nerf.. I prefer ground mounts anyways, and I feel like they will peel it back, at least partially.. I'm more concerned with the whole "getting a wyvern" situation..

Just now, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

I'm personally not too worried about the nerf.. I prefer ground mounts anyways, and I feel like they will peel it back, at least partially.. I'm more concerned with the whole "getting a wyvern" situation..

because it´s not possible... but atm, i don´t even want them anymore. Combined with the primitive nerf on wyverns, useless is the fitting term for them...

all i ever wanted was a nerf on quetzes, regarding their fighting abilities... but this is just too much. 
The worst thing about that is, that we got people breeding fliers like hell an then all their work is gone...

3 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

If you own a wyvern already, you can still get wyvern eggs and milk, but for those who do not... I guess they will just need to rely on those who already have them.

Just now, Vaskur said:

because it´s not possible... but atm, i don´t even want them anymore. Combined with the primitive nerf on wyverns, useless is the fitting term for them...

all i ever wanted was a nerf on quetzes, regarding their fighting abilities... but this is just too much. 
The worst thing about that is, that we got people breeding fliers like hell an then all their work is gone...

Agreed.. I'm on primitive as well and haven't raised any more wyvern for awhile because of said nerf.. quetz and ptera needed nerfed imo.. I thought argy was in a decent place. 

But for what reason? Why should anyone want a wyvern now, they are useless like poop now. Seen their stamina? Use their special attack (fire breath etc) 2 times and you are out of stamina...

I spent last 2 month breeding pteras, reached lvl 300 and had so much fun cause I got realy cool color mutations (black/red sith ptera anyone? ;) ), this morning I didnt want to waste a single kibble to imprint that lvl 250 poop with 450 stam instead of former 1620... thx, wildcard, you ruined that part of the game for me. But hey, 75 gigs free space on my ssd, hurray, after 4k hours finaly going to play something else again.

edit: realy? forum replaces "s_hit" with "poop"? :D

Well sorry Wildcard, I realy liked ark but that patch completely killed the fun. Wyverns are useless now. Even to get new Wyvern eggs they suck, you are a bit faster than the wild ones but they will catch you because of the low stanima. Then the poop with the vaults. Now my base looks like a cheese, everywhere holes.

Sorry but now you made it, I'm going to seek an other game. I played 3200 hours and now this.

It is like Star Wars Galaxies, 1 patch ruined the whole game.

Cya wildcard I hope you can now find new paying customers with this bullpoop.

2 minutes ago, Akatsuki said:

But for what reason? Why should anyone want a wyvern now, they are useless like poop now. Seen their stamina? Use their special attack (fire breath etc) 2 times and you are out of stamina...

I spent last 2 month breeding pteras, reached lvl 300 and had so much fun cause I got realy cool color mutations (black/red sith ptera anyone? ;) ), this morning I didnt want to waste a single kibble to imprint that lvl 250 poop with 450 stam instead of former 1620... thx, wildcard, you ruined that part of the game for me. But hey, 75 gigs free space on my ssd, hurray, after 4k hours finaly going to play something else again.

I got ptera's that hatched level 306 babies ... not anymore though :(

4 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

The fact is the current stats due to the flyer nerf are NOT the final numbers, there will likely be buffs added in line with player feedback.

What is needed is constructive player feedback to help balance those buffs, not exaggerations that do not help the devs at all at getting a feel for what the numbers should be.

Here is some feed back. It is the worst thing WC has done with the exception of open server transfer. It needs to be rolled back.

33 minutes ago, SilverScythe said:

This years April fools joke has been a complete riot. A new clunky UI that is hard on the eyes, removing the two things that make flyers useful(their speed and stamina), and completely demolishing months of hard painstaking work that people have put in to breeding the best fliers possible. There is not a single server you can visit right now where people are not crying over the ruining of this game, and many people have just quit entirely, especially those who spent all of their time on ark breeding wyverns and other flyers.

I personally feel that the Dev's took it a bit too far with this April fools joke, I mean, the clunky, hard to look at UI was enough of a joke already, but messing with the stats of peoples dinos is just wrong, and the worst part is after April fools, the Dev's will need to rollback all the servers to restore the dinos stats, so everything done over the weekend will be lost. which i'm fine with, I advised everyone I know not to do anything this weekend until the rollback happens, but many people hatched dinos this Friday before the April fools update was released, so their babies might get wiped depending on how far the rollback goes.

Anyways I just wanted to voice my opinion on this years April fools prank by the Dev's. It seems that it was not well thought out and will cost their player base a weekend of progression. I would not worry too much about the players that have quit, we can always call them back after the rollback.

PS. I kinda like some aspects of the Clunky April fools UI, If any devs are reading this, I would love to see this UI in the normal game, just please make it a little more refined and not as hard on the eyes. :D

Lol

It this is an April Fools joke,it's a really bad one.

And I think WC will lose some players for this.

But... if it is NOT a joke and they will keep that Nerf...

Players will go insane and not even play ARK anymore,or leave the officials and play on private servers.

And for me, since our base got wiped by another tribe on official servers,I joined a friends tribe on another server to start over fresh and new,and even thought about going to SE and tame wyverns there.

But now I won't be playing ARK for a while. This Nerf was just too damn much.

IMO, Wildcard just shot themselves in the knee with that Nerf.

Bad move,wildcard.

Really bad move.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

@GamerPerfection When these stat points were refunded, where did they come from? Only the speed itself, or all of them? As if they are just the speed, then that's actually not a good "refund" at all, as much of our stat point usages were done on the idea of the dino being for a suitable role.

Also in the future with the stats being "modified" if they decide to actually "buff" certain stats, what then? Do we get our stats reset outright so we can reallocate them appropriately, or shall we simply sit with our fliers with no stat points spent until such time as they are finally "buffed"?

16 minutes ago, SilverScythe said:

I got ptera's that hatched level 306 babies ... not anymore though :(

I had chances for lvl 311 if I tried to include better food, but.. wanted to combine some nice colors first..

Thing is.. when I breeded trex and got some that hit 60k life and 2k dmg with xp spent on them, wc nerfed dinos... ok, that nerf was needed cause even my raptors onehitted brontos.
Sad for my old quetz who's life went from 75k to 20k that days. But I accepted it.
Next they nerfed quetz and argents again, argents were no longer usefull for killing anything at all, just fast transporters... ok, then we took pteras for fights.
Then they had a look on quetzals again: no more plants on platforms (same for brontos and paracer, k), instead of overhauling the whole platform concept..
Last year wc decides: pteras are too strong and nerfed them, cut their dmg drastically... well, it hurt, but ... we took it and kept on playing.
Now, when wc introduced the server transfer bullpoop that allowed chinese players to invade and whipe whole servers and use boxed quetzals (something that should not be possible anymore wc said once but hey... what did they to prevent it? ha, nothing).. now instead of finaly make it impossible to do this and to make quetzals what they should be: slow but strong birds able to carry stuff; no, wc just nerfed EVERY flyer, cut their speed down, make them useless.. did you test how far your ptera flies now? with stamina cut to 1/4, speed taken away, weight cut by like 30%? Argents.. ha, a joke, byside their sound gives me the feeling to sit at the beach and hear the seagulls above me..  pteras sound? like walking in a chicken farm now when going through my breeding pen..  not to mention the roar of the once so mighty rex... sounds like he has a damn hangover after 2 days drinking and singing at "rock am ring" rock-festival :P
And DILO? UNICORNS?! Ok, as a girl I want my pink and fluffy one, now! One that's able to fart rainbows and glitter dust!

8 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

I said constructive feedback, what you posted is just an opinion and a request.

The closest thing I can come for costructive feedback on the flyer nerf, backpeddle, call if the april's fool joke, then maybe consider things like, Ptera, fast, low carry (average being 200, so a player in armour, weapons and some supplies), Quetz, slow (as it was before nerf), lower attack, high carry weight, Argentavaris, maybe this could be a more attack focused flyer, whit higher hp and attack than Ptera? defenetly not what is on servers now.

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived