Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, s710 said:

Yes because on the center there is rich nodes literally everywhere. So what kind of comparison is that? Most people here are talking about the island, I guess ;) 

Both are official maps and both maps have multiple locations for every resource types, some are better accessable by air but there are still decent metal locations reachable by ground.

I understand what you're saying, and i already know it, stop defending that part, it's wrong.

But being able to announce dates and respect those delays,

and being able to mesure the necessary time to do something, counting problems is part of professional game making.

If they need more time, just take it, announce two month and not one, they'll get more than enough time to polish the work,

I'm sure there will be a lot less complaining if the updates are not reported and working

What they need to do is let go of getting people hyped as like like to do. Don't even tell anyone a patch is coming till the day before. They need to actually stick to it once they say it but there is no need to tell people "ok guys the next patch is in a month" no reason for that.

stip trying to get people hyped and just work on what you are working on. Then, the day before say ok here's a patch.

• Volunteer Moderator

If you want to discuss the upcoming patch, please do.

Let's not go off topic on to discussions about time.

However, as of this post it is approximately 1/2 hour(30 minutes) from the current ETA.  Whether the patch arrives at the ETA or not, I don't know.  I only know that the patch will be released when the patch is ready to be released.

If you want to discuss time systems and such, there is an off-topic forum: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/36-off-topic/

5 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

If you want to discuss the upcoming patch, please do.

Let's not go off topic on to discussions about time.

However, as of this post it is approximately 1/2 hour(30 minutes) from the current ETA.  Whether the patch arrives at the ETA or not, I don't know.  I only know that the patch will be released when the patch is ready to be released.

If you want to discuss time systems and such, there is an off-topic forum: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/36-off-topic/

What is the file size?

1 minute ago, Teddansen said:

The one thing that I wanted in Red Dead Redemption was to be able to lasoo other players ... Please tell me this dream will come true here. 

I can't think of anything more amusing than galloping down the beach with a local troll tied up begging for mercy

The image @Jeremy Stieglitz posted on twitter showed a lasso, that'd be cool to see for sure. :)  ESPECIALLY if you can use it on wild and tamed dinos too. :D

1 minute ago, mleii said:

The image @Jeremy Stieglitz posted on twitter showed a lasso, that'd be cool to see for sure. :)  ESPECIALLY if you can use it on wild and tamed dinos too. :D

can the lasso be used like a leash? xD incase you want to take your wolf out for a stroll or have it drag you around while it chases things xD

1 hour ago, Currahee said:

My point is that I don't think that buffing land mounts or nerfing fliers will really help though. I think the main issue people have on the ground is pathing. You could give a land dino 1000% speed and 10K weight and it'll still be a pain to do a resource run because you have to babysit its pathing the entire time.

I had a dire bear, 3 thyla's a dilo and 2 carno's to move from the redwood biome centre of the map to the oasis top left of the map last night, took a good few hours, the Thyla and bear were the worse, even tho they had weight and attacks that can clear trees they get stuck on every one. finding a route from the ground is a pain in the ass

Just now, Titan696 said:

I had a dire bear, 3 thyla's a dilo and 2 carno's to move from the redwood biome centre of the map to the oasis top left of the map last night, took a good few hours, the Thyla and bear were the worse, even tho they had weight and attacks that can clear trees they get stuck on every one. finding a route from the ground is a pain in the ass

Land dinos just need to not get stuck on every damn thing. It's a nightmare.

an overhaul AI for land dino's would be great, spend too long anywhere and the only thing that won't have been killed is the pteras. So many things just go mental and eat everything in sight, pteras are the only thing that spawns with a high enough density that can survive. Would be good to see things living together without eating eachother unless they are actually hungry, so it isn't just cleared by Allosaurus' and the likes that just run around constantly eating

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived