Anarki

So what did you do in ARK today?

Extinction, Modded Single-Player: Feeling Totally Defeated, So I’m Refocussing My Attention.

Well, the day was here at last. I’m still spending a lot of time with my sickly old kitty, but I had spent months carefully developing a plan and laying the groundwork for solo OSD runs, so I made up my mind that I was going to actually make my attempt.

I set out with my wyvern to scout for a drop, and found a red one just to the south. So I teleported back to the Outpost where I’d staged the thirty bird OSD flock, whistled them into action, and led them out there. Teleported my rock golem out, switched the birds over to follow him, dropped the shield and got to work.

Except... the rock golem, Talos, was not set to passive the way I’d left him. And I learned the corrupted dinos were way less troublesome than the fact my rock golem smashed the drop to bits. ?

Well, lesson learned. So I went to find a new drop - a yellow, and decided I’d keep the birds on me instead, and set up a velonasaur turret at each cardinal point, where I found out the problem was not just my golem, which logically could damage metal. These carefully curated super birds with a boatload of melee to deal with the worst of the worst that would be coming in...well, those also damage the drop. So setting them on the stupid dilos that got past the velonasaurs...cost that attempt too.

In complete, total exasperation I made two thousand bullets, spawned a 700% ascendant assault rifle and showed up to *another* yellow drop on foot. But I was overwhelmed.

Checkmate, Ark. I’ve been telling myself I’ve had thousands of hours of fun without special events and can continue to have just as much fun, because I never expected my pets to deal damage against the OSD. The fact they do thwarts me entirely.

I have to confess myself extremely disappointed, though. 

Well, lest my beautiful dimorphodon flock’s talents be wasted, I’ve begun taking them to excursions in the Forbidden Zone to farm corrupt hearts for my titan. It’s really just the hearts I need to make the attempt. I hope to everything holy that THAT event is soloable, because by god I will forcetame that thing if even that’s not legitimately obtainable. I will not accept “no” for an answer on my desert titan.

I’m extremely proud of my birds. They’ve never faced down wyverns or gigas before, and they’ve held their own...though I only tackle a couple of wyverns per outing because of that fire. Plop the birdies down with the daeodon for a while and all is well though. Too bad they’re just a bit too destructive for their intended function, though. They’ve been repurposed quite nicely.

Aside from that I’ve been industrious getting set up for when the kibble rework is finalized. I’m up to seven snakes at this point. Blessedly having Joan’s Egg & Poop Collector installed and about a hundred and fifty dimorphodons lounging around, I can feed a decent number. I have at least one variety of every egg layer going now.

I knocked out a wall in my greenhouse and tripled its size, built two industrial cookers, and industrial grill and a chemistry bench, and filled one of the top floors of my old Outpost with preserving bins to handle jerky.

The busywork aspect of it all has been comforting to me with Haekasu being sick and probably not having much time left. Kibble is something I’ve never had the luxury of making before and I really am genuinely enthusiastic to be able to do it myself. Hopefully by the time they’re done futzing with the beta I’ll be all ready to go.

And finally, it was a big night for me in Ark with my favorite creature mod - one year without difficulties, lol. The original incarnation of the Dragons and Enhanced Creatures mod ran into so many problems the mod maker rebuilt it from scratch. I was still dubious when I reinstalled, but I have nothing but thanks and congratulations that I can just enjoy this absolutely amazing creature mod. To celebrate I spawned in a manticore and a pair of gas whelps (absolutely adorable tiny shoulder dragons - my whole motive for using this dragon mod). The gas subclass special ability is spoiling meat and I haven’t encountered anything in it, so I just got myself a pair of adorable tiny dragons to help my narcotic production along.

Next Up: My velonasaurs matured tonight, so tomorrow I’m going to try my hand at argents for the first time. They’re all I have going for “large eggs” and I’ve had rotten luck finding good females, so I see it as a good excuse to try raising my own.

• Like 1

PVE Official EU Island

I log in at AB, quick run to rock drakes area, found one 170 egg, not bad but need one more 175+ to finalize my deal. 

After relog to IS i realized i have only half and hour so quick meat run for babies (Tiberium Head Argy :D). My friend came and showed me her new poison dragon with yellow accent, looks cool. Breed some ankys for eggs to trade and one for colour, pteras for stats and Barys just for backup if one die in cave. :)

When i deal with eggs i realized trader become online so transfered payment and got new Gacha for me and my allys. :) She have nice base with epic view after that my flying pyramid start looking ugly for me. xd

When i back i got fresh theri egg and bronto egg from my friend. Need them for weekend raising. Hope i got male theri from egg. After that i put all eggs into frige and log out. That was good day.

Sry for my eng maybe someone will understand what i wrote. :D

• Like 4

Me and a mate took the Gigas out on the island doing a hide run. Similar to folks that posted above, rare flowers, up and down the river. Up to 135k hide now. Think the Zino saddles are 16k each and we need 18 of them, so nearly half waythere.

Jumped on PC. Installed a mod for snails that feed off berries. Previously tamed a bee and 7 snails, but can’t be doing with the vegi cake upkeep. Too much else to do. So, tamed a couple of these berry snails. They produce a lot of CP!Then I stumbled across an alpha snail. These are rideable. Level 660 as well! My max dinos are 150. So, picked it up with the Argie and dropped it in my base. Man that thing can move fast, impossible to shoot. It go itself stuck on an Argies foot so I began hitting it with tranqs. 50 tranq darts and 80 tranq arrows later and it still wasn’t down. Out with the magnifying glass, but the torpor wasn’t showing. Stuff it, forcetame, it’s only a creature that’s there for a laugh. Now back to how ridiculously fast it is. Impossible to control on sprint. Barely manageable at normal speed. So let’s see if it’s a swimmer. Went into the water at herbivore island. Within 5 seconds I’m 75% of the way across the map, I’ve got my deepest depths achievement, I’m stuck on something, and I’m drowned. That was hilarious. Spawned in a dolphin, went and got my gear back, euthanised the dolphin. Think the snail is happy out at sea as it’s not shown up dead in the log. Maybe our paths will cross again sometime.

Then did a few metal runs around Herbie whilst imprinting a Ptera, and crafted a load more metal ceilings. I’m recreating a base I used to have on a now expired PS4 nitrado server. On the western tip of Carno island, incorporating a large Rex trapping pen and 2 argie traps. Will relocate there with my daughter once it’s finished and we can begin trapping Sabers and rexes and more argies to improve the breeding stock.

• Like 3

logged in to find my baby Giga which should of taken 3 hours to be on troughs, didn't actually mature and died 7 hours later still as a baby. Created a subject as I don't know where to post because I want that baby/egg back. the post isn't up yet, not sure if that's normal. logged out and may just quit ark.

Center Official...

Its been over a week as I have been on holiday to center Parcs (UK/EU thing). So tonight I plan on logging in to see if my tribemates have kept everything going, Im sure they have. I wont bother with Rag, Ab or SE as I leave that to them anyway, Center is my main haunt so want to check that nothing died off... but Ive a feeling some things will have.

My aim tonight will be to feed everything to the point of fullness, even on single rates, and then take my new 100 imp Rex out for a levelling spree :) I think I left it at 412 last time so a few more levels will help out on the melee front as I think its sitting at 1200 currently and is taking too many chomps on things than what I like to see... seriously, 2 chomps on a 140 bronto!! :P 

Other than that, breed out some more eggs for the collection and possibly hatch a few Pteras looking for a mut or two :)

• Like 3

EU PVP Aberration Official

So after my previous encounter with the alphas, I was part expecting to log into the death screen, however after a tense loading period I log in and everything is fine and untouched, maybe they are nice alphas but the cynic in me is saying they are just waiting for me to build up some more, either way ill plan for the worst.

last night I got the first proper use of the chem bench and crafted loadsss of gun power to be split between rockets, c4, rifle and sniper bullets, now I feel a lil bit prepared I start to plan my new base just for raising and hatching rock drakes, I've already been working on the Air conditioners, I think I now have 17 but sure I remember needing over 20 to hatch,  I  might load up single player to test out so im not wasting any resources.

Still unsure of the prime position to build, cant really remember where the no build zone are but the closer to the rock drake nests the better, along with the help of my trusty spino and karkinos its shouldn't be too much trouble.

Once I have a rock drake im going to scout the tree in the center of fertile lake, Its probably taken by the alphas but there is no harm in checking, might get lucky

• Like 5

Xbox - Unofficial Nitrado Server - Extinction 

Spent another evening hunting for managrmr, need that high level female. I havent had a taming project this difficult since the last time I tried taming thylas in redwoods. Saying that I only died once tonight. Before I even entered the snow I found a 140 mana kicking around outside the dome, unfortunately it was a male and so I killed it anyway. Started off clearing the spawns and I used rare flowers to help aggro everything. Was great fun being charged by ovis and megaloceros. And bless the female megaloceros, aggro and try to attack me when they cant even attack. Turns out the rare flowers dont aggrod mammoths, chalis or whooley rhinos ? Or maybe its another extinction bug lol. The flowers were also good to keep the manas I was trying to kill locked onto me rather than have them lose aggro on a whim. Although one mana took the invitation of the flowers to insta snipe me off my wyvern... cue opperation download wyvern rescue mission. Got my bag and wyvern back safely. Am still trying to work how the wild manas set target propriety.

Nearly gave up for the night but I settled on a low level 50 female mana. It was mainly the colours that attracted me to it, the yellow highlights on the horns to be precise, would go well with my male. Engaged in combat with the mana and successfully trapped it with dino gates on the first try. Cleared the aggressive wild creatures and knocked the mana out with shocking darts. Kibble tamed it up. Ment to check the food level before doing so, they seem to almost insta tame for some reason. Transfered it across to the island. I was hoping for a high level female but I can just breed the low level stats out with my male over a few generations and be left with the good male stats and the desired colour. Might have to convert the breeding barn to close it up, at least on a temporary basis, I hear baby manas a bit of a hand full. 

• Like 4

So did I lose anything whilst away... well, not really.

My tribemates did indeed feed everything so yay them but my 100% imprinted lvl 408 Rex auto decayed. He was the one that hatched at 375 and I had 25 unspent points which I accidentally put in weight to 1600 rather than melee. I was using it as a cave runner over on lava island but couldnt be arsed porting over every 3 days. 

It finally perished but I did go out on my new 100% imprinted 370 Rex which is now 415 with 1300 MD and 30k HP :) 

Bred up a few Ptera eggs ready to hatch this weekend and had a scout around to see if we had any new neighbours - all seems fairly quiet still.

Popped onto Rag to see that the half destroyed Wooden Chalet by the beach had been rebuilt with metal and the walls had been fully completed - now try adn kite a giga in there now you toxic Rag community :P

Didnt play for too long but it was good to see all is well :)

• Like 2

Finally had a go at a PvP Official Server, after spending all the time in SP so far. Made a new character, just to start out fresh (and probably out of fear of losing my SP character) and played on The Island, since I know that map. I managed to get up to level 10 and died a lot, felt like a noob again, having to craft all the beginner stuff to just survive the first minutes on there. In the end I didn't even get to set up a bed or storage boxes, so when I died I lost everything I had on me (which... wasn't much anyway). I also didn't see anybody else, even though chat was active. Lots of random buildings and seemingly abandoned bases though. I had kind of hoped to see like these insane bases with tons of dinosaurs, but I stayed relatively close to the beach - I think they might be inland. All in all, I wasted a good two hours on a characted I could potentially access again, but he doesn't have anything on him :') it was quite fun though!

• Like 1

Finally finished a house for breeding and raising animals. Put giga and quetzals eggs to incubate. Must not forget to check them from time to time. Still lots of work to finalize the house and make it perfect, but it is good enough just to start with few animals.

Also, never thought metal runs could be such a pain. The rates were at x0.5 in the beginning after all. But I think I'm just spoiled with x2.

Xbox - Unofficial Nitrado Server - The Island 

A nice quiet evening breeding. Started my managarmr breeding project. Boarded up the front of the breeding barn temporally to keep the baby manas from escaping. Trying to get all the good stats from the male into a female while merging all the colours. Got a good female with some of the stats that will do for the next generation, shall breed that with the wild male another evening, gotta love imbreeding lol.  

Also raised up some boss megatheriums, raised and imprinted 5 with the help of the procoptodon. Didnt mean to raise that many tonight but I forgot to turn thr breeders off wander. Also bred up the procoptodon to get another female to help with multiple imprints.

Went on the usual metal run and then went on a wander with the giga. Found a titan just south of green obs, so killed it and harvested it the for the hide. 

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 2

I found a level 112 Argent and kited it up to the top of the volcano with my Ptero. The combination of Argent talons, hyperthermia, and dehydration almost killed me, but I managed to knock him out with tranq arrows from a prim crossbow. I had to tame him with regular meat unfortunately, as my prime meat spoiled, but I still got 98% efficiency (I play singleplayer woth boosted settings). Feeling pretty happy about it, not every day I get a 167 Argent.

• Like 1

Just a short one today, got on last night for awhile and went to extinction to farm up some dust, made my 2nd ascendant enforcer bp.

After that crafted up a few tek turrets, tek pieces and a Tek Clone chamber. Because the tek chamber is HUGE (1.5 bwhe gate high) I just placed it in our yard with tek turrets around it (only has 7000 hp for such a huge expensive object) 

First thing I did was clone a crab :) Made like 40k shards so Saltire and I can clone anything we desire :D 

Continued with the managrmr and megatherium breeding. Not much luck with the manas, got another female with the colours so I can speed up breeding a bit with two females. Raised 2 more boss megatheriums. Did a quick cave run for an Artifact of the Clever. Would like to try a solo run at the gamma broodmother soon. Need to breed up a frog to help farm cementing paste to build these megatherium saddles though.

Edited by AngrySaltire

49 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Continued with the managrmr and megatherium breeding. Not much luck with the manas, got another female with the colours so I can speed up breeding a bit with two females. Raised 2 more boss megatheriums. Did a quick cave run for an Artifact of the Clever. Would like to try a solo run at the gamma broodmother soon. Need to breed up a frog to help farm cementing paste to build these megatherium saddles though.

Best frog partners are my swamp cave frog and the male at the water base, if you want an optimized pair. The saddles take quite a bit :( Each full cave run will yield only enough to do 3 saddles (if you do the entire cave on a frog) otherwise 2 if you do it the safe way (frog at start, mega in other rooms then frog at 2nd passage through mega for red drops) 

• Thanks 1