megapithecus Ok so how is this supposed to work?

s710

Ok so I just brought this to the Megapithecus:

15 rexes, 5 theris. Each having 25-35k life and 500-700 melee. Each having ascendant saddles. I was trying to do this alone (since I'm playing solo on this server), and I was wearing 1500 armor.

What happened:

I spawned in the megapithecus arena, set all dinos on aggressive and follow, and rushed towards the gorilla on my best rex. Once I reached him, I got somewhat close to him before the other dinos attacked, where I probably draw aggro. Within the blink of an eye I was oneshotted (still sitting on the rex), and all the dinos, saddles and stuff was lost.

So how is it that I can take damage while beeing mounted? Is this a bug? If not, would this mean this boss cannot be done solo/is not supposed to be done solo? I agree this is endgame, and meant for tribes, not solo players. But as you all might know the tek tier is hidden behind all the bosses, and I really don't want to believe all this shall not be available to solo players. I actually like challenges, and all I did so far was done alone. And I would not bother failing on bosses multiple times when doing solo - the only problem here is, that everything is instantly lost, without a chance to flee or something. Re-Breeding all of them will take maybe a week or two, and bringing them to this level again will take another one or two weeks. So all in all this just feels like a real disappointment, and reminds me of all those funny youtube videos where players one-shot dragon on hard because of their cheated damage - except the boss just did that with me. I mean I was easily able to do the broodmother alone, and people even do manticore on medium alone, so why is this so brutal? :/ 

How is your opinions on this? 

dinos.jpg

40 minutes ago, Velarius said:

Well either you 1. were greatly mistaken on the strength of your dinos and yourself. 2. Ran into a crappy random glitch(very likely with this game). 3. You spawned higher difficulty of the boss than you thought you did. One shotted like that wouldn't surprise me on the hard setting for him.

I spawned the easy one.

I didnt bring the items for spawning higher than that.

There is no way I could have spawned medium or hard with the artifacts/apex parts I brought with me.

I doubt I underestimated my dinos in a way which would allow him to oneshot a 30k rex with red saddle and thus me at the same time.

The very same happened to me like some weeks ago when I tried it on the center. Back then I was using disposable dinos to give it a try, so not a big deal. 

To clarify again, I was walking towards him on a rex, with all dinos on follow+aggro. I stopped when I somewhat got close, so the other dinos can attack. But I already got his attention so he was walking towards me. I thought the other dinos would grab aggro (since I was afraid of this very situation I already faced on the center with him), but seemlingly I was mistaken. Please note this all happened within 1-2 seconds. It was not like I started the fight and after a while I died. The fight did not even begin.

I fail to find any useful youtube videos, also no one seems to give tips. I will most likely retry, and next time stay on foot all the time, hoping to dodge/never get aggro.

Yea, just incase it is a nasty bug. Bring disposable dinos, set them all to attack your target initially. Fire off a shot at long range so your dinos run in to melee range. Then try to work him from range while the dinos attack, see if that works. I mean if he turns and just one shots all your dinos on easy there is definitely something wrong.

17 minutes ago, Velarius said:

Yea, just incase it is a nasty bug. Bring disposable dinos, set them all to attack your target initially. Fire off a shot at long range so your dinos run in to melee range. Then try to work him from range while the dinos attack, see if that works. I mean if he turns and just one shots all your dinos on easy there is definitely something wrong.

Yeah most folks I've talked to fight at range and let the dino's do the close range work so that's what I'd do. Bring a high level AR with like 1000 rounds. Good luck!

1 hour ago, s710 said:

... I did not even have a chance to jump off my rex. I dont know how a pistol could help here?

get that in your head. Ok are you ready to listen and realize how it suppose to be done. ARE YOU READY AM GONNA TELL YOU HOW TO DO IT.

send the rex and shot him from a far.  You cannot get near of him period. If you really want to mount something mount a saber or something to shot on it. 

But if you want you can try to go melee 1000000 millions of time with the monkey and faill you can . But dont come here and complain when people tell you how it done

7 hours ago, Carcajou said:

get that in your head. Ok are you ready to listen and realize how it suppose to be done. ARE YOU READY AM GONNA TELL YOU HOW TO DO IT.

send the rex and shot him from a far.  You cannot get near of him period. If you really want to mount something mount a saber or something to shot on it. 

But if you want you can try to go melee 1000000 millions of time with the monkey and faill you can . But dont come here and complain when people tell you how it done

Okay thanks for your kind works :)

9 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

this sounds like a dumb thing to say but are you sure you didn't accidentally dismount? you are still standing on the rex when you do and take full damage from an attack

The Monkey has an attack where he throws a Boulder. Any projectile attack (Broodbother Acid-Glob, Megapithacus Boulder Throw and Dragon Fireball) can, and will, hit you on the saddle. All of them do absurdly high damage (500*4? for BM, 900 and 1200 respectively), and will one shot you off the back of your mount. What makes the Dragon and Monkey attacks as bad as they are is they are AoE damage attacks, meaning if the boulder/ball hits your mount, or even near your mount, it will kill you off the saddle. Similar to a Rocket. 

I can assure you it can be done with 3 people 2 kangaroos and 3 adsendent compound bows with 260 dmg and 800 metal arrows ( some will miss) but we run it on official about 3 times a week, you can solo it but collecting the element is hard at the end solo as their is only 60 seconds and still plenty of mobs left.  s710 if we can get on at the same time I can show you my tactics on a non dedicated. And you can try it from their

1 hour ago, iAmE said:

The Monkey has an attack where he throws a Boulder. Any projectile attack (Broodbother Acid-Glob, Megapithacus Boulder Throw and Dragon Fireball) can, and will, hit you on the saddle. All of them do absurdly high damage (500*4? for BM, 900 and 1200 respectively), and will one shot you off the back of your mount. What makes the Dragon and Monkey attacks as bad as they are is they are AoE damage attacks, meaning if the boulder/ball hits your mount, or even near your mount, it will kill you off the saddle. Similar to a Rocket. 

1 hour ago, BobRoss said:

the projectile attacks of bosses will hit you when you are mounted, stay away from him. ive seen people do it with a speed galli but solo i would recommend u stay far away and bring a speedy mount to dodge the boulder toss. then shoot it from a far, its HP is no even close to the BM so you should be ok

Thanks guys, this was the info I needed. Will get new rexes soon and retry until I master it :)

Archived