Is Ark the best game you have EVER played?

Charlie12345

Is Ark the best game you have EVER played?

I am now getting on a bit (nearly 40) and have been playing video games since my Dad coded a basic flying game where the graphics were letters on the screen of a ZX81 Spectrum.  I have spent hours playing various concoles / PC games and have loved a number of them.

I appreciate Ark is not without it faults.  There are some bugs and performance issues.  However, I would say the most I have ever played a game previously was probably 100 hours max.  On Ark I am now over 2,000 hours and having just started playing in The Center map feel like I have a brand new game to try. 

I think Ark is without a shadow of a doubt the best game I have ever played - by quite a considerable amount.

Just wondered if others agreed?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Currahee said:

I've admitted to my family so might as well admit it here. I am addicted to Ark. I can't remember the last game I was addicted to, that I thought about all day until I could get home to play it. It's been at least a decade. Might have been Starcrack way back in the late 90's.

Ark is a great game!

This is exactly how I feel.  The last game I got really addicted to was probably Ocarina of Time... missed all the WoW and Guild Wars as not a PC gamer.  But here I am sat in the office building a spreadsheet to work out how much metal and CP I need for different sized structures.

We need an intervention!! lol

depends on whether you're comparing them to their hayday, or comparing them now

at their peak, I put Ocarina of Time at #1 of my list....Diablo/Diablo 2 could be #2a/b

today?  it gets pretty much all my game time attention, but I wouldn't call it the best right now...personally, I'd lean towards skyrim still

This game from a PvE aspect is nice i enjoy it. I got addicted to the game after my first giant rex fight 20v20 rexes with 5 people flying each side and strays on the ground. Nothing was better. Except time went on.

I came to realize PvP in survival games is not my cup of tea not saying that the PvP is bad in any shape or form however i am not someone who enjoys blowing in to a base where no one is online. After 4500 hours 2000 of which were on official servers i came to realize 1 thing less then 5 raids out of the 200+ raids i have done on large bases were done online. The survival games PvP style is just not for me i enjoy playing against another player not ruining there structures or dinos when no one is around to defend. 

At the end of the day this would be in my top 3 games played when the game is fully polished it may end up making the top 1 spot but for now i know to much that is just to game changing for me that just makes me log out almost instantly after logging in.

Honestly? It's not the best game. It can be frustrating as all hell. I've had to take long breaks because of the frustration. However. I can honestly say that this game has given me more joy and fun than a lot of other games I have played. Very few games have been able to suck me back in as this game has. Even with all the bugs. If you can look past the bugs and just play the game casually? It will easily work it's way into your 1k your games. 

Nope. The game is great but it's just way too much of a grind, there's a huge lack of balance among dinos\weapons and the technical part of the game is just insanely bad at the moment.

As i said, it's still a great fun game but imo it wanted to be too big too quick. The addition of tek tier items is just another example of that where it ends up as a half baked feature, heavy on the grind, when the game lags and stutters like crazy.

the most fun i've had with ark were the first 20/30 hours. 

Most addictive game? Yes.

Most hype-inducing game? Yes. I've always loved dinosaurs and I've never drooled over any game like I drooled over Ark before I bought it.

Best game I ever played? Eh, depends I guess. I'm inclined to say no because official is poop and the balance of the game is a disaster. But there are some very cool things about the game. And there are a ton of customization options available, so... it's not entirely fair to measure the game just by official. The potential is there.

tricky question....

I am addicted to ark.
People get addicted to nicotine, does that mean Tobacco is good?

I have put more hours into ark than any other game ever. but i have not had 4 of my best buddy's gaming with me every night in any other game.

Monster Hunter on PS2 is probably my favourite game ever.

I think it depends what you mean by 'best' - best technically? Best overall experience? Most enjoyable etc? It's different to everybody really.

I think the reason I play so much ARK at the moment is simple - my friends play it and we're on Live chat together. We don't see each other day to day so we can catch up and hang out online, all whilst sinking time into a game we all enjoy. There's always stuff to do and we've not exhausted the possibilities yet so it keeps giving.

I'm really not sure what game I'd define as the best ever. I loved Jet Boot Jack on the Acorn, Back to Skool on the Spectrum, Super Mario World and Super Mario Kart on the SNES, International Track & Field on the PS1, Super Mario Sunshine on the GameCube - and so, so many more. ARK is definitely the game I spend pretty much all my gaming time on these days though. Previously it was GTA5 but you can only do so much in that.

For me ark could of been the best game ever but sadly it hasn't lived up to expectations. I personally have never invested so much time and effort in to a game before i have a good 1500hours In game and countless hours here on the forum and I have to say im just plain feed up of hype followed by disappointment followed by more hype!

Can Anyone say that anything added over the last year has improved the game? I'm not sure it has?

I also fear for any new player to the game the way official servers are now I simply can't see how things are going to improve over the next few months before the supposed release date  (summer 2017)

And my biggest issue so far still no SOTF on console!

Do I think is the best game.....no. Could it be, yes. I haven't been this into a game since i played WoW and Runescape over 10 years ago. I'm currently playing on PS4 and there is so much lag and issues. There is nothing worse than grinding all day and night and finally getting the eggs i need to make kibble to finally find a lvl 150 argy, get perfect tame to have it die 10 minutes later because I lagged and come to find out I lagged into my own spikes I have placed for defense. I know the game isn't a finished product yet but could we please update servers or something to where it is at least pleasurable and there inst insane lag all of the time. I play this game 50-70 hrs a week and I'm frustrated with it as much as I am happy with it. I will say that I love the aspect of the grind and not everything is easy though. Makes finally completing something more enjoyable. Thanks for the Amazing game WC, now just fix the lag lol

I won't say that it's 100% the best because there's a really wide range of games, and a lot of them are really hard to compare. For example, I can't really say "Battlefield 1 is better than ARK" because the two aren't really that comparable. That said though, I really do enjoy ARK, and I've put more time into it than any other game in my entire life... so... yeah lol

2 hours ago, Penfold0110 said:

tricky question....

I am addicted to ark.
People get addicted to nicotine, does that mean Tobacco is good?

I have put more hours into ark than any other game ever. but i have not had 4 of my best buddy's gaming with me every night in any other game.

Monster Hunter on PS2 is probably my favourite game ever.

The people addicted to nicotine get to take several extra breaks a day to acquire a fix. I've brought this up to my boss, he still won't let me take several extra breaks a day to get in a short gaming fix ...

Archived