Closed

AlphaCarno

I was looking forward to the possibility of this "event" but our server hit its dino cap last night, so even if they do it now, we aren't really going to get the benefit of it.  Its incredibly frustrating to get capped when you have no control over how many dinos other tribes are taming and then WC keeps throwing out new dinos that you desperately want to tame, but just cant because of the cap.  Yes, I could pick up my stuff and move to another server, but I just got established on this one and enjoy playing there.  I realize this isn't really a helpful post, more just venting but its frustrating, because not only do you end up hitting the cap on the busier servers, but then if you think about moving to a lower pop server, you have to worry about it getting wiped or "repurposed" at the official launch, whenever that might be. 

1 minute ago, Valys said:

I was looking forward to the possibility of this "event" but our server hit its dino cap last night, so even if they do it now, we aren't really going to get the benefit of it.  Its incredibly frustrating to get capped when you have no control over how many dinos other tribes are taming and then WC keeps throwing out new dinos that you desperately want to tame, but just cant because of the cap.  Yes, I could pick up my stuff and move to another server, but I just got established on this one and enjoy playing there.  I realize this isn't really a helpful post, more just venting but its frustrating, because not only do you end up hitting the cap on the busier servers, but then if you think about moving to a lower pop server, you have to worry about it getting wiped or "repurposed" at the official launch, whenever that might be. 

A lot of server have started giving away their extra dinos, since you need like 100 to get 270-300 hatch dinos XD.

Just now, AlphaCarno said:

A lot of server have started giving away their extra dinos, since you need like 100 to get 270-300 hatch dinos XD.

A lot of the players on my server also play on other servers, so they've moved some of them, which has created some openings, however it is just a matter of time before we hit the cap and have to find new ways to deal with it again. It would just be nice if WC set it up so that the cap could be higher, which of course would probably require hardware upgrades, etc for the servers to handle it.  That's not likely to happen and I believe they've already stated that they have no intention of raising the dino cap.

3 minutes ago, Valys said:

A lot of the players on my server also play on other servers, so they've moved some of them, which has created some openings, however it is just a matter of time before we hit the cap and have to find new ways to deal with it again. It would just be nice if WC set it up so that the cap could be higher, which of course would probably require hardware upgrades, etc for the servers to handle it.  That's not likely to happen and I believe they've already stated that they have no intention of raising the dino cap.

Do you know what the server cap is? on pc I know its 400 dinos per tribe but not sure about server.

Archived