ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

So I've been confused on why black pearls are being treated like they are easy to get when so far no creature that drops these has been seen in my game and fishing is way too time consuming and then they are needed for consumables and every tek item why? I am curious as to why you decided to do it this way because the amounts are quite high for a resource so crazy rare 

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we have a bigger variety of meats in the game, besides just regular and prime. I think there should be a different kind of meat specific to each creature with special stat effects. For example, "GALIMIMUS MEAT" could temp. provide a stamina boost while "MAMMOTH MEAT" could provide temp. cold resistance. This would make going out hunting more worthwhile and immersive; where hunting a mighty Rex for its meat would be more valuable than just hunting simple Dodos if special stat boosters are your goal.

For balancing purposes the effect would only occur if the meat was cooked. If not it will act like regular old uncooked meat. 

13 hours ago, SkillfulKnave52 said:

So I've been confused on why black pearls are being treated like they are easy to get when so far no creature that drops these has been seen in my game and fishing is way too time consuming and then they are needed for consumables and every tek item why? I am curious as to why you decided to do it this way because the amounts are quite high for a resource so crazy rare 

I'm actually glad they made high demands for high end stuff like the tek gear. Its the only way to balance it out. And not every fresh born noob will be runing arround with these thing.
They also give alot of value to the stuff you make with it. So I dont see people just fooling arround with it. They will use it wisely.

17 hours ago, SkillfulKnave52 said:

Dude, you need it for TEK TIER. Of course its hard to get.

BTW death worms and giant squids, eurpypterid and alpha mosasaurs drop them. I'd advise to look for them in the caverns of lost hope. Hope it works.

1 hour ago, KingOfBronzodia said:

since we have the sheep on the game and it's meat suppose to be even better than prime meat... what about making it more effective for taming troodons ? like a kibble... i really don't want to sacrifice a bunch of giganotosaurus just to tame a troodon...

Theres an easier way to tame them. Check out Thickfreedoms newest video of troodons.

Is there any plans that will allow us to read the explorer notes that are written in different languages. I understand it is meant to be a community thing whereby everyone helps to translate and discover the story but it is not easy to do and means we are missing out on some characters stories.

Or maybe provide a transaction assistance tool?

Archived