What do you hate most about ARK. (see rules for posting)

Jim359

RULES FOR POSTING:  This is not about bugs, exploits or "The Expansion".  It is about things working as intended that you hate.  Passionate hate not required (but it helps).

I get to start since this is my post.

I hate the noises made when hungry or thirsty.  If I'm more than 30 seconds away from food/water when they start, by the time I get food/water I want to stab the dev who made them in the face, with a dull wooden spear.  Avoid dark alleys Mr and/or Mrs/Mis Dev.  Oh yes, avoid dark alleys.......

I hate the Extremely SLOW lack of updating information in details on what they fixed or patched.or those stupid in game messages saying ark going off line 1hr but never does. Or messages about Survivor  series who cares were playing our game. No reason to spam game alert messages it's in forms if we wanted to watch we would of . Geeeezzz...Give me a break..  When they have update or fix automatically have detailed  info of what took place on post everywhere,  not just 1 place to find it multiple sources. Many times ark dev tracker update info lacking still have old post up previous updates but we're way passed  that update.

I wish certain items could be Picked Up... like M&P's, chem bench, forges, etc...  I kinda understand building pieces; but I personally feel some things could be made moveable...  I guess I kinda understand this for things like the Industrial Forge, it would be a bit too OP to place it, smelt a bunch; collect it an be on your merry way...

Also, snap points... for fancy fence foundation setups especially.... those need some serious love....

and lastly; cable/irrigation intersections.  that has got to be the Dumbest Derpy thing about all of Ark to me...  I can see adding in different sizes and 45° angles might be asking too much (pips'n'cables mod ftw!), but at LEAST do away with those stupid intersections and give us a right angle that we can flip....  any power/irrigation setup that isn't perfectly straight looks gawd awful because of those dumb intersections.

Otherwise, I funking Love Ark.. blemishes included 8P 

• Volunteer Moderator

The dinos heads following you around...

I try moving around my farm and can't because the quetz, rex and spinos heads keep blocking me from doing anything I want to do.

Hate it so much. Beyond hate lol

Edit: I have to add, yes it looks cool and adds some flavor to the game. But maybe make it so when you walk close they do it but when you get very close their heads go back to normal.

4 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

The dinos heads following you around...

I try moving around my farm and can't because the quetz, rex and spinos heads keep blocking me from doing anything I want to do.

Hate it so much. Beyond hate lol

Edit: I have to add, yes it looks cool and adds some flavor to the game. But maybe make it so when you walk close they do it but when you get very close their heads go back to normal.

Oh yes, this too ^, those damn heads turning to look at you,  blocking your backing up into that parking spot,  Infuriating

ps,  in my single-player game i hit the tab, type fly, and get over the spot I want, then type walk.  To much work, but what are my choices as I see it, when space matters.

I hate the part of the player base that constantly whines and cries about not being able to win at PVP, which are the same people I'm sure that are constantly crying about pillars in PVE.  I hate when the moderators remove my posts that don't violate any rules.  I hate when I get a large update that doesn't affect me personally because it cuts into my Ark playtime.  I hate when I don't get a large update that affects me personally, when I'm expecting it.  I hate when my favorite dire bear almost dies.  I hate when people say I play Ark too much.  I hate that Ark doesn't let you swear.  I hate that there aren't more skins.  I hate that I can't spray graffiti on my behemoth gates.  I hate when people suggest submitting tickets.  I hate when I run out of snacks and have to play ark while I'm grumpy.  I hate going to work because they will get sad if I take my Xbox.   I hate that the xbox player base gets treated like second class citizens compared to PC. 

TLTR: people.

I hate the dinos attacking through solid walls,  I hate that a head or a tail can protrude through a wall.  

2nd is the dinos disappearing but that seems to be mostly fixed or maybe it's amap issue.  It was really bad when I played on a Center map server, but now on a different map it is not really a problem.

I hate that dinos can spawn inside my base.

And I hate players who do "Player vs Hut when owner is offline" and call that PvP.  Wake up fools, that's you attacking a door.  You need to be fighting other players for it to be PvP

Other than that, I am loving it.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Sov said:

server crash, lose months of work.  Transfer character, gets deleted, lose months of work.  Really just hate losing months of work to technical flaws (getting wiped by other players, whatevs, thats the game)

RULES FOR POSTING:  This is not about bugs, exploits or "The Expansion".

We are all talking about legit, working game mechanics. :)

• Getting past raptor tails that slap you in the face when you try to get past them...
  • Inconsistencies in the weight of items - Example, a shield weighs more than a behemoth gate or that an empty water container weighs the same as a full one...
  • Water tanks carry a useless amount of water for there size if you use it to fill your water container...
  • I hate it how it doesn't auto stack to maximum amount of your items when transferring resources...
  • Also hate it how you can't transfer items to your inventory when looking in a smithy and you are in the crafting tab not your inventory tab...

When placing a sloped ceilig. It looks good... looks good... click flip around and places one tile down. RAGE!

Spiral staircase? Ok... lined up nice... in the correct place... click.... moved one foundation over and flipped. Again.... RAGE.

Inability to make higher quality items unless you have blueprints.

Opening that just landed beacon with hope... and fining yet another water jar/medium crop plot compass BP... or on SE that oil pump BP. Especially when the beacon has the yellow rings...

Logging in and seeing the... You have died! message. From what?! Or getting the message one of your dinos just decided to starve to death next to a full trough. My response to my tribe.. how did it die? Neglect.

9 hours ago, mronemanmob said:

I hate the part of the player base that constantly whines and cries about not being able to win at PVP, which are the same people I'm sure that are constantly crying about pillars in PVE.  I hate when the moderators remove my posts that don't violate any rules.  I hate when I get a large update that doesn't affect me personally because it cuts into my Ark playtime.  I hate when I don't get a large update that affects me personally, when I'm expecting it.  I hate when my favorite dire bear almost dies.  I hate when people say I play Ark too much.  I hate that Ark doesn't let you swear.  I hate that there aren't more skins.  I hate that I can't spray graffiti on my behemoth gates.  I hate when people suggest submitting tickets.  I hate when I run out of snacks and have to play ark while I'm grumpy.  I hate going to work because they will get sad if I take my Xbox.   I hate that the xbox player base gets treated like second class citizens compared to PC. 

TLTR: people.

But console peasants are second class citizens. :>

(BTW, your posts are probably deleted because they're S posts, posts that add nothing to the topic. I've had a couple deleted too and IMO it's reasonable. If you disagree with the deletion PM a mod about it.) 

Tails. Wagging tails. Animated wagging dinosaur tails... Morellotops, Thorney, Raptor, Doedicerus, Bronto...(probably many more I cannot think to mention right now)

All those wagging tails get on my raptoring tits. Try and walk past as it semi clips through you but not enough to let you pass but still enough to GET IN THE raptorING WAY!!!!

I wish there was an option to disable tail animations, or even chop them off.

Game is advertised as single player.

Game is not a single player game. Anyone that disagrees has no idea how single player games are supposed to work. I love ARK but really, the inability of one person being able to complete boss fights (and thus achieve the promised end-game tek tier stuff) is a total let down and screams MULTIPLAYER-ONLY GAME. I shouldn't have to cheat to get it.

Archived