ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are a couple questions for the next digest:

• Electric lighting is harsh in Ark. Can we get a way to change light colors, such as dying the light the same way we can dye flare guns?

• Power on Scorched Earth greatly limits viable build locations, not because of refrigerators but because of high tech gadgets such as the chemistry table needing to be powered to run. Given that it is a desert environment, an official Solar Panel that works only during the day (excluding times when there are storms) would be great. Combined with the Wind Turbines for night power would greatly help the power situation while still keeping the spirit of power being imperfect alive. Any chance of this happening?

• With the low stack count of organic polymer and the high polymer costs of some of the late game techs, can we get more slots in the fabricator?

• Collecting certain resources, such as paste while riding frogs, can result in high level creatures ceasing to collect due to "slot limitations" while still having plenty of weight available, especially on servers with increased weight limits - can we get a better way of handling this so we don't run out of slot room on our animals as easily? Especially useful, even if the number of slots per animal is changed, would be a notice on screen that tells you you couldn't pick up the goods due to too many items on your animal - at least then you'd know to drop your massive piles of raw meat!

Thanks!

Hello everybody, Hello Jat

this is my first time here, i hope to find help here where noone else could help me up to now:

how i can add at my Server (Rising dragon; Scorched Earth) Dinos which are not include in this DLC, like Dodo, Allosaurus etc?

I tried to use NPC_Replace, i replaced the Rock elementery to (for testing) Dodo. No Rocks spawnibg anymore, but also no Dodos.

i dont want to spawn them manually, i want them be foundable everywhere like everything else. 

Btw, is it possible to change the aggressivity by the Game.ini file, because i dont want to (try) to edit the AIController. I got a peaceful Server, and we got TOO many Golems all around (at the moment i replaced them to Ankylos) and my wish would be, these overpowered Golems should be Neutral. 

Also the Generator on Scorched Earth, could you add a Serveroptionline in the Game.ini to edit Structures there Healthpoints? Or ( / and) to stop the decay if the Generator? An alternativ would be Battery to save Electric if the Windturbins turn off or the Generator gets destroyed. Or to stop the Decay from Generstor as long a Windturbine is connect to this Generator is working. Guys told me, they always have 65% W, but the Turbines dont work all times (no Storm or so before or at this moment is the reason)

Btw a Bug-Report with the Translation, my Steam is German, i start with -culture=en, but i have to use the German Itemnames if i want to transfer all Wood, Clay etc:

If i filter by Wood (in German "Holz") all Wood in the Inventory is shown, but if i use now Take All / Transfer All nothing happend. If i filter by "Holz" nothing is shown, but if i use now Transfer / Take all, all Wood is transfered. This happend with all Items. 

Also the Dragons in Scorched Earth, pls add the Option (Holding E at the Dragon) Disable AI Fly. There not able to follow in the sky, because there speed. And if you commend them to land, they fly kilometers away to do it. And another bug, (on the lightning Dragon, but i think its the same at the other) If you use lightning and get off the Dragon, he kill you. And the Lightning damadge Tribeanimals and members, but this should be disabled (all other attacks and Dinos dont make Teamdamadge)

Another point, can i found anywhere the Original ConfigSupplyCrateItems(Sets)? I want to edit just the blueprints, cause my Server is able to learn every Engram hisself.

A personal thing, how long i have to wait for the therizinosaurus? Since the moment he get revealed (last year) i cant await his Release. 

Glitch-Report: With the Orbitcamera (turn it upside down and zoom completle out) you can watch under the ground to see the deathworms hiding. 

10 hours ago, cels said:

Also, somewhat more importantly.. Will it be possible to add a option to disable certain tames from reacting to whistle commands? If so please do this soon.

The 'all follow' whistle can really destroy any plans you had for the next half hour or more.

Thats what tribe ranking is for

Set the things you do not want effected (all dinos in your hatchery) to rank 10 and everything else to 9 and set all players to rank 9

No only things rank 9 and below will be effected by whistle commands

When a flying tame is in the air and you press "U" repeatedly they land most of the time. Would it be possible to make it so that pressing "U" twice (or any other button) We have a way of assuring that our flying tame lands on the spot it is flying above?
The part about it landing on the spot is very important because if you are in a hurry to mount your tame, you want it to be immediate and efficient and not have to run after it to where it decides to land.

Can you rework the training dummy, so it can hold any armor and any saddle, so we can see in game numbers of how an apprentice rex saddle reduces incoming damage compared to primitive.

And right now the training dummy always shows the damage as though you are attacking thatch, can we have options to change it to people, dinos, and cycle through the structure types, (thatch, wood, adobe, stone )

It doesn't need to display that the armor is being worn, as it is not an armory rack, just allowing us to equip it in the inventory would help so much with crunching numbers to see what dino is best at which task

5 hours ago, Lowly said:

When is crafting efficiency going to equate to random chance at crafting higher grade items, I can have 500% crafting efficiency and still only make 100% default items like torches

Crafting efficiency only applies to how fast you craft items , not the quality of the items .. The only want to craft better quality items is to find blueprints such as ramshackle , apprentice and so on .. It's really a pointless stat and a waste of points ... 

Is there any chance of you guys combining all the maps like scortched earth, the center and original island and making one large map for us to cross from each location.  I just think the idea of having all the dinos and elements there.  I know it would be a massive world but it would be truly game changing. For instance some dinos might be specific to certain areas and it would also make every take use of boats more and things like that.  Also if you didn't have a flying dino with a lot of stamina you might not be able to cross the water ways to one side of the world...

Just think this would be like the best end game idea for this overall.

18 hours ago, cels said:

Also, somewhat more importantly.. Will it be possible to add a option to disable certain tames from reacting to whistle commands? If so please do this soon.

The 'all follow' whistle can really destroy any plans you had for the next half hour or more.

Thats what tribe ranking is for

Set the things you do not want effected (all dinos in your hatchery) to rank 10 and everything else to 9 and set all players to rank 9

No only things rank 9 and below will be effected by whistle commands

2 hours ago, ViolentByDesi9n said:

Crafting efficiency only applies to how fast you craft items , not the quality of the items .. The only want to craft better quality items is to find blueprints such as ramshackle , apprentice and so on .. It's really a pointless stat and a waste of points ... 

You must have missed the previous ark digest when Jeremy agreed to change the stat "crafting speed" to crafting efficiency" and implant a system where by the higher the efficiency, the better chance of crafting high quality items without blueprints

So I was asking for a follow up on this as it has recently been renamed efficiency from speed and was wondering when the other half of that system would be implemented 

23 hours ago, FaneBlackwing said:

I asked this like months ago, but I'll ask it again: When will the Titanoboas and Megapiranhas be tameable?

I get your drift, it would be cool to have a legion of Megapiranha to attack an enemy base, and a Titanoboa torpor trap, but I guess it is also logical to have some animals that are too cool to be tamed. There is a mod that allows you to tame the snake though.

I love the Archaepteryx. Will there be an option for the Archaepteryx to ride on your shoulder? Then deploy it when need be? It'd be cool to have it latch onto your back (only capable with armor on) so you can use weapons or tools like you would a parachute? Also it'd be cool if you added Allosaurus to Scorched Earth as well as one of the two sauropods. As far as mythilogical creatures go, a Griffin would be pretty cool as a future update. It could be only affected by metal weapons or could be an automatic forge in relation to its mythology. Its size could be slightly larger than an argentavis and a little bit longer than a Sabertooth as it's a hybrid creature between lion and eagle.

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived