How to fight a better equipped Tribe?

AdmiralAckbar

So just made an account ask this, in hopes of learning something I don't already know. 

TL;DR: How do you fight someone with vastly superior resources and gear when you get wiped on a daily basis?

The server we play on has an alpha tribe of 3-5 players. At first, they raided us every 1-2 weeks, which was okay and survivable. Now they are raiding us every single day. I log into no dinos, no gear and an empty husk of a base. There's no negotiation as they are all Chinese and speak no English. 

Yesterday we started fighting back. We don't have the gear, but we outnumber them so when they came to raid we made them bleed explosives and ammo. Managed to knock out their leader and we threw all of his Ascendant gear on the ground and let it despawn in front of him. I think that thoroughly pissed them off, and I only expect the raids to be more frequent now. 

The server we play only has about 25 players on it. We are trying to band together all of the English speaking tribes to fight them right now but the Alpha tribe controls probably 30% of the map. They have massive compounds around each of the Obelisks, atop the volcano, and throughout the center of the map. So no matter where we build our base, we are only a few minutes walk from a major base of theirs. They also have 3-4 quetzals and can easily scan the map and 2-3 gigas to steamroll pretty much anyone. 

So how do you fight this? I know we outnumber them, but it doesn't really matter if they are able to gain back resources faster than we can rebuild. Most of our time gets spent retaming dinos to gather resources. How do you attack a base that is cover in LITERALLY hundreds of plantX and auto turrets? Especially with limited weapons?

UPDATE: 

So basically what we have been up to:

-Stock piling resources in the hidden cave base for now. Worried about hitting them too soon and not having the resources to finish the job VS them finding us before we hit them. Its a double edged sword. And if we don't do enough damage to them in one fell swoop, guarantee they will double up efforts to find us.

-Rebuilding the base they keep destroying. Its a "honeypot" of sorts. Each time they fly by and level it, we rebuild it back and put a parasaur out front to make it look like we are still trying to live there. I'm fairly certain they think they are still resetting us each time. 

-We have the entire English speaking side of the server allied together and collecting resources for war. 

It seems their standard tactic is just flying around the map on their quetz with rocket turrets. Level the base and move on. Doesn't seem like they spend much time of the ground, and from what I've seen they dont really even loot the bases. Just kill all the dinos and boxes and move on to the next one. 

Ill try to get screenshots of their main base(s) but they are literally so big, I'm not sure I can even get close enough for the entire base to render without getting hosed by turret fire. I'm not even sure the game could handle it if all their turrets started shooting at once, it might just crash. 

Screen of one of their bases. This is probably the biggest one. There are 2 gigas, bunch of rexes, 3 quetz, and alot more.

FfnqXXN.jpg

KBNw1mu.jpg

First things first don't despawn the  gear take it and hide it keep knocking them out and taking gear to gear up your tribe mates secondly Are any tames kept outside of the base ? If there are you need to tame a pter and make a long neck with as many bullets as you can get a friend to pick you up float above the base and kill most important tames first like the quetzs and anky the pters now tame a quetz and as many turtles as you can level them Keep levelling health destroy the outer wall and keep cycling turtles to drain bullets walk side to side in front of turrets so the shell takes most of the damage keep doing it untill turrets are drained then you can pter spin plant x or just shot rockets at the plant x 

16 minutes ago, Goldenballs101 said:

First things first don't despawn the  gear take it and hide it keep knocking them out and taking gear to gear up your tribe mates secondly Are any tames kept outside of the base ? If there are you need to tame a pter and make a long neck with as many bullets as you can get a friend to pick you up float above the base and kill most important tames first like the quetzs and anky the pters now tame a quetz and as many turtles as you can level them Keep levelling health destroy the outer wall and keep cycling turtles to drain bullets walk side to side in front of turrets so the shell takes most of the damage keep doing it untill turrets are drained then you can pter spin plant x or just shot rockets at the plant x 

I don't think shooting their tames with a long neck is gonna work, if they have ascendant gear I would imagine they have ascendant saddles, you would have to spend literally thousands of bullets to kill just one tame, the turtle idea is a good one and also the best way to deplete turrets, if any chance you just I have to keep messing with their bases when they are offline, or have everyone build a super hidden base, cave could work if you could place several turrets in the entrance to take them out as they enter, and don't pick a cave that is Dino accessible as this will stop turtles from draining bullets, if none of that works then that is a dead server and you need to pack up and leave it, as they have obviously shown they want a server of 3 to 5 people alone.

13 minutes ago, DHoffman24 said:

I don't think shooting their tames with a long neck is gonna work, if they have ascendant gear I would imagine they have ascendant saddles, you would have to spend literally thousands of bullets to kill just one tame, the turtle idea is a good one and also the best way to deplete turrets, if any chance you just I have to keep messing with their bases when they are offline, or have everyone build a super hidden base, cave could work if you could place several turrets in the entrance to take them out as they enter, and don't pick a cave that is Dino accessible as this will stop turtles from draining bullets, if none of that works then that is a dead server and you need to pack up and leave it, as they have obviously shown they want a server of 3 to 5 people alone.

Yeah but not all tames ie anky beaver etc hit them In the resource gathers if the get 5 of them shooting at the tames with a long neck and 100 bullets each you'll be surprised how fast they will die 

Definitely take out the tames. 

It's simple siege mechanics.  Doesn't matter how many bullets it takes just take lots more than you'd think. If you take out their ability to gain resources they have know way of rebuilding and arming. Meaning when you go back for second third fourth attacks than should be less and less equipped.

Take out fliers first. Quetz especially. They might have ascendant saddles but that just means you have to shoot them more.  Take more bullets. Do it when their offline. This would mean that they have lost their main ability to transport resources quickly and pick up new dinos for taming. 

Then take out the resource gatherers. Anky doed trike beetles. You know all the pinnacle tames for gathering and farming. Now they can't farm resources or replace tames. 

Now you need to weaken defenses and kill any war tames before any main assault. Ie rex and turrets and plant X.  You get them using rockets rifle s and explosives and they have nothing but the gear on their backs. 

They may still op you but this is where you have to use your strength in numbers and assault them hard and fast don't relent use scare tactics. strength and force. 

Obviously this is simplified and in no way as easy as it sounds but if their are only 5 of them and you have more people and the time to dedicate to there eradication you are more than capable of beating them.

Also at any time they have the ability to still come and wipe you. So setting up a very secret small base somewhere deep in the jungle still covered by the trees. Ie stonefoundations 2 by 2 building with roof to stockpile arms and ammunition. Hope they don't find it. You can only start this process once you are totally geared up for the job.

You have to dedicate alot of time and resources to achieving this. Basically replicating the amount of time that the alpha has put into achieving their status.

That's what I do when I'm at war with people. Doesn't always work. Brains over brawn for a change works.

Good luck you'll need it.

This may not be a great idea but if you knock them out and take their stuff, don't drop it. I would just make small storage crates and store the stuff somewhere in the ocean inbetween the corals and stuff. A good place for a base might also be the cave at the top left of the map. The one you can only crouch into. You got easy acces to metal and obsidian aswell as a base that can not be accessed by dinos. If you manage to put up a few turrets right behind the entrance I don't think they'll be able to get in quickly. As for raiding, what other people posted seems like the way to go.

EDIT: Hiding mortar and pestles in corals may work too. They're even harder to spot and you can store stuff in them too.

Message me if you want help - I can't play on another server for too long, but have almost 3K hours on official PVP, so think I can offer some help :-) I'm currently leader of one of 4 tribes in an alliance on official PVP too - might bring some of them along for the fun :-D

Attack strategies - turtles to soak bullets, paracer battering rams (gate in front to soak damage), drop beds near the base & be prepared to rush X plants to remove fert, RPGs for access  once the turrets are down.

Turtles are quick tames and your goto dino for getting rid of the turrets

Oh, and there are servers with friendly Alphas :-) We have a few rules, mostly to keep the server peaceful, and they work - I came here as a newbie with the same alliance (minus my tribe OC), and have built a tribe that fits the server and become part of the alpha alliance - so it's possible to play PVP and not be an arse ;-)

4 hours ago, FeyGriffin said:

Message me if you want help - I can't play on another server for too long, but have almost 3K hours on official PVP, so think I can offer some help :-) I'm currently leader of one of 4 tribes in an alliance on official PVP too - might bring some of them along for the fun :-D

Attack strategies - turtles to soak bullets, paracer battering rams (gate in front to soak damage), drop beds near the base & be prepared to rush X plants to remove fert, RPGs for access  once the turrets are down.

Turtles are quick tames and your goto dino for getting rid of the turrets

Oh, and there are servers with friendly Alphas :-) We have a few rules, mostly to keep the server peaceful, and they work - I came here as a newbie with the same alliance (minus my tribe OC), and have built a tribe that fits the server and become part of the alpha alliance - so it's possible to play PVP and not be an arse ;-)

Ok the paracer battering ram idea is amazing easy to tame replaceable war mounts

Wow I was not expecting so many helpful responses. Most game forums you would get a "git gud hurrr durrr" from a question like this. Thanks!

Ok so the turtle idea is great for soaking up bullets BUT we dont have a way of getting a turtle into their base(s) without a quetz of our own. Is there an alternative that could be picked up with a ptera/argent?

We have managed to take over a hidden cave and started layering metal dino gates just inside the entrance for now. Will be a good place to keep resources. Trying to find a better spot to hide our dinos right now

I have two good ideas, the first is predator drone dimetrodons! you tame a bunch and level speed/health and strap them with C4, you can send them after tames who are furthest from the turrets then detonate when they are close, if you send 5 strapped with 3 C4 each then you can rage a Giga! My second idea is a riot shield parcer! Place foundation on the saddle and build up, than place a gate in front of its face (metal preferred) to soak up mass amounts of bullets! And to double annoy them place a bunch of beds on the saddle and throw your bodies at the turrets! This method can soak up upwards of 10,000 bullets, here's an              example! (Beds not included)

you can tame mass amount and send them systematically in one spot until all of their turrets are drained then send in a few high health creatures strapped with C4 to the walls to blow them up and get in there and destroy their darn tames!!! GLHF and keep on surviving

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 4:41 PM, Grognak said:

Tame Argies, pump points into HP and Speed only.

pick riders off mounts, carry them to a knockout and cage location, rinse and repeat till you have them all...

This is really the only chance you have.  To answer your question- how do you fight a tribe that have massively better resource gathering, much better defended bases, etc...you don't.  If you and the other 20 people are really that far behind, and they are persistent in destroying any progress you have, each and every day, there's no point to try to rebuild.  Your only chance is to cage them and try to keep them alive in a location that won't be easy for them to report.  If you can get all of them, then you have to keep them all alive, which will be difficult if you can't cuff and encumber them.  Still, this is really the only play you have.  You'd need to have resource gathering capabilities on their level to ever do any meaningful damage to them. 

First is this pc or xbox? Second server transfers are opening up on the first of September, you might be able to get a hand from a large tribe on another server who is bigger, better equipped, and bored out of their minds.

Mine falls into these categories, and I'm sure there are many others out there. In this case all you have to do is clear an ob, and good news, summoning platforms do 6x explosive damage.

Tame dodos. Hear me out, tame about 10 of them and as you get close to their base place a small box just inside of the plant x range. Place dodo behind said box and wait. A plant x drains about 150 fertilizer every shot, after a few minutes,  it will run out and you are left with a box and a dodo. Make sure you are crouching when placing to help shield yourself from the plant x. Once out, shoot the plant x until it dies. 

Tame turtles to soak up auto turrets and then proceed from there. I'm assuming that their base is metal so you will need explosives.  If you can get them, use them at this point. If you don't care about gear and want them gone, just blow open a hole in their base and shoot at any chests you see leaving their stuff. One invaluable piece of advice is place beds in the woods close to their base so if you do die you can get back into the fight quickly. 

Archived