ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

22 hours ago, qbddbq said:

4 questions:

First, with the Pelagornis being as slow as an argy and weak as a ptera, could we see some love for it and have it maybe get a secondary dive or "swoop" attack that is pretty similar to the ptera's barrel roll? Otherwise with its current stats and taming difficulties, it's really a wasted opportunity for the most versatile creature on the ark.

Second, could we ever see a giant seal or walrus, which would pretty much be a "sea-direbear" that is territorial, packs a punch, is fast in water but slow on land?

Third, could we see a Maiasaur that when nearby speeds up incubation and growth times of eggs and babies?

Fourth, I know that a TLC pass is coming for the original dinos, but what will it entail for the mammoth? The mammoth was once so iconic and necessary for everyone, but by adding the beaver, you didn't add diversity to tribe rosters, you guys merely replaced the mammoth. The mammoth is found in more dangerous area of the map, takes more kibble, and can't be picked up by an argy like the beaver. What will you guys do to balance/fix this and make the mammoth relevant again?

2 hours ago, Dustiest-Ninja said:

I second this. A walrus would really add a lot to the tundra biomes and I am a definite fan of the Pelegornis. I want the pelegornis to be the ultimate anti-Titanboa machine. And given how this game is structured a Maiasaur is a logical choice for a dino. And finally the Mammoth and Phioma are the only elephantine reps. I almost feel like we need another elephant in between the two like the american mastodon. Maybe also give the Mammoth a multi-man saddle (just like the diplo) and a warmth buff for freezing riders snuggling in its fur?  When God gives you a giant fuzzy elephant, you make lemonade.

How about having mammoths hold water for a long period of time and has a range where your water gets filled up? Can be used for other dinos too if a dino water stat was imported into the game.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, EchoingTime said:

How about having mammoths hold water for a long period of time and has a range where your water gets filled up? Can be used for other dinos too if a dino water stat was imported into the game.

Oooh! What if its stats overall get buffed(especially oxygen), and it can harvest/scrape off the bark of the redwoods infinitely without destroying the tree thus making them good at harvesting again?

1 minute ago, qbddbq said:

Oooh! What if its stats overall get buffed, and it can harvest/scrape off the bark of the redwoods infinitely without destroying the tree thus making them good at harvesting again?

That would be great for getting wood in the redwoods, nice! However it should be limited to how much you can take from a redwood tree and would respawn.

7 minutes ago, EchoingTime said:

That would be great for getting wood in the redwoods, nice! However it should be limited to how much you can take from a redwood tree and would respawn.

If it is limited, you should still be able to get way more than a beaver could with destructible trees considering the tree size. And it is so dumb that in a massive forest the actual wood sources are so few and far

On 8/2/2016 at 6:58 PM, Dustiest-Ninja said:

They said they are gunna put SoTF for console on hold until they see what the moders do with it on PC now that iti s a part of regular Ark again.

They put it on hold for ps4. Since they announced it would release for them. Consoles should be all as a group but they specifically said it was ps4. Which leaves us the xbox one players in doubt whether or not we are going to get it. Eventually.

Hey I have a question. Is there a console command that can be made to make a building player neutral? A friend and myself own an RP server and we want to be able to have people place sleeping bags or beds inside premade buildings like and Inn or even make stalls inside a town that we built walls around, without having them in an alliance. Or atleast a way to place non lethal structures in a neutral zone so there can be places of peace just for trading? We're trying to go for a town square with stalls made by players on the server and we can't have them close to eachother without being in an alliance or the same tribe. Any way to add that as a command or something?

Any ssort of way to customize the safezone (Xbox) would be fantastic. My television does not have any way to change the screen safezone, and believe me I've looked, so I am unable to see about 4 inches worth of game from all four sides. This means I cannot see my status bars (health, food, etc), and I cannot see what buffs/debuffs I have. Thank you for reading my post.

19 minutes ago, SurvivalArtist said:

Any chance to get a 'fence door' (smt like in minecraft) to make entering a compound easier and less expensive?

Heck some proper fences would be nice, not just fence foundations.

Can we get actual fences that don't require fence foundations beneath them? Please...    pretty please...   pretty please with cherries on top?

9 hours ago, SvelteCraft said:

Any ssort of way to customize the safezone (Xbox) would be fantastic. My television does not have any way to change the screen safezone, and believe me I've looked, so I am unable to see about 4 inches worth of game from all four sides. This means I cannot see my status bars (health, food, etc), and I cannot see what buffs/debuffs I have. Thank you for reading my post.

Change the settings on your tv

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived