ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

8 hours ago, theweegee115 said:

Can we get a mini map popup on the H.U.D(perhaps top left corner) when riding tames in third person it would be a great help so we don't have to jump off of our tames in a dangerous place to find out were we are. And so we don have to switch between first and third person on the settings constantly.

Try zooming into first person while mounted and press your map button. You'll be looking at your map while mounted

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And as to my question for digest:

Can you maybe add the possibility of stacking foundations maybe 3 to 4 pieces high as this will make building on uneven terrain a lot easier.
This seems a lot more logical than using a strange contraption of pillars, ceilings and/or walls. I understand not making them infinitely stackable so people won't make walls out of them but it seems like a good solution for building on uneven terrain.

12 hours ago, BobaFett said:

Couldn't think of anything worse to add to the game. Just my opinion. Ark right now is semi realistic. I know the Tek Tier is coming but that would totally ruin any immersion in the game (not saying there aren't things in the game that do that already).

Come to think of it, people could just randomly fly over walls and then spawn a Giga or Titanosaur. Would totally break the game

They can also add restrictions to certain too big creatures.

On 8/5/2016 at 0:16 PM, Lunatic said:

Just started this game a few weeks ago and one thing that has been bugging me lately is after my dinos have defended themselves they just stay in whatever location they were after the fight is over.  Would it be possible to set a waypoint for each dino to return to after a threat has been neutralized?  I think this will resolve the issue of logging in only to find your dinos scattered all over the place due to fighting things.  Enjoying the game so far, keep it up.

I have thought of this but one thing ill do is get one tanky dino and put it on passive, call the other dinos to follow it but put them on aggressive or neutral. then playing with follow/target distance you can achieve decent success.

one thing i would love more than anything would be a PATROL option. Limit it how ever, maybe to a total of 50M total travel or from center point of a circle, only allow it to travel between 2/3/5 points. I always liked the idea of having rex's just doing lines to and fro. eating whatever comes close to sustain themselves. 

5 hours ago, J said:

Will we see any more carnivorous plants like a giant Venus flytrap or a corpse flower that lures predators or something along those lines?

I suggested this a long while back now. I like the idea, a melee defensive plant. give these knock back and strip it from plant X. Whomping willows maybe haha

As a primitive player anything with mounts and organic defenses are great.

Is it possible for us to get an "edit name" option on dinos. I always like to put my post tame level and stats i want to work on before the dinos name in brackets, however, I keep changing the stat i want to level up. It would be awesome to have to change just that, rather than the entire name again

Also, for the sake of realism, wouldnt it be better to have a durability stat on gasoline. Think about it, when in a vehicle in real life, if you stop your engine half way through, you still have gas remaining in your tank, rather than it becoming empty. Perhaps make gasoline more expensive? Having to waste gas just for repairing armour just doesnt feel right to me. It would also be awesome to have a slot inside machines that need gasoline dedicated for gas (just like saddles for dinos). That way, even after adding the durability stat, we dont waste a slot inside fabs for crafting high end blueprints.

Here is another idea. I was taming my first pteranodon. I already had  a trike. My pteranodon was one bite from being tamed when a dilo killed him. I was away. Can we have an option for dinos being aggressive, but just to hostile creatures. I could just put him on aggressive, but i dont want him picking fights with bronots, who would kill my pteranodon with their tail wipe. 

Dinos are probably smart enough to guess who are hostile and who are not. If my trike was set to agressive to hostile creatures only, and targeting range low, then i would have a pteranodon now...... 

Can we have a minor addition to the engram menu, when trying to buy an advanced engram (example advanced rifle bullet, if we do not already know simple rifle bullet we need to scroll or search and learn that, which requires, gunpowder, which requires spark powder) could we have a pop up box asking us if we wish to buy all prerequisites for that engram, listing the pre requisites and then having a buy all or close option. Alot of survivors use mind wipe and we have all experienced the scrolling through the list to find 4 things, just to learn one item,

Having this pop up menu would allow us to quickly re learn higher level items in a much more efficient way,

Alternatively, is there a need to have thatch wood and stone foundations as a prerequisite for metal foundations? Some of the pre requisites seem somewhat unnecessary 

This one has been on my mind so long, yet I never remember to ask it. Could you make it so eggs float on top of water? Maybe even drift around? My main focus on this is titanboa eggs, I can just see the hundreds of eggs people never get because they're under the water in the swamp. 

Also Can you make it so ichthy can swim, at least in a small channel, through the swamp? Mostly I speak of the center but I'd be content with a small channel on the island as well. For zipping around the map to get under water drops.

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived