Pyromane

So basically,tomorrow The Center is releasing with the Shastasaurus,but there's this site with an announcement about The Center releasing and it mentions the first of a series of premium creatures,the Pyromane. It's described as a cat-like shoulder pet that can become a lion-like creature. Is it real? Or is it an hoax?

In my opinion, i don't think it is,. If it was real, i think Wildcard would have already announced it. More probably, it could be instead an Official premium mod and maybe with the update Wildcard may announce a series of Official premium mods, starting with the Pyromane. It could be possible also because they said they would release premium mods on Playstation later this month,so maybe they may wait them to be available on all platforms. In this way, they could promote the mods even more.

Anyway, here's a raw concept of how it could look in game.

Ark concept - Pyromane.png

1 hour ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Game changer for caves given the way cryofridges work now.

...a Ferox-Cat...

Pretty much agree (..and WC knows it) if it were integrated, but there will be a wallet to deal with (besides: harmlessly useful in PVE, but P2W in PVP? For now we're just speculating).

In any case @TheMoschopsGuy's argument would certainly stand up

Posted (edited)

this should not be a paid creature. shame on wc and snail games for doing such a cash grab. they should have made it a bobs tall tale size dlc if they were gonna charge money for it. Now we have to get ready for dinos like the nogglin to be paid dlc. why stop there tho. that new boss on an old map? thats now 15 bucks! an assencion cave you wanted on scorched earth, 30 bucks now. the skys the limit with this type of greedy, predatory practice. i should know as im a huge stellaris fan and tha game has around 400 some dollars in dlc that "you must have" in order to have a fun, interesting game with good mechanics.

Edited by OtterlyRidiculous
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, OtterlyRidiculous said:

this should not be a paid creature. shame on wc and snail games for doing such a cash grab. they should have made it a bobs tall tale size dlc if they were gonna charge money for it. Now we have to get ready for dinos like the nogglin to be paid dlc. why stop there tho. that new boss on an old map? thats now 15 bucks! an assencion cave you wanted on scorched earth, 30 bucks now. the skys the limit with this type of greedy, predatory practice. i should know as im a huge stellaris fan and tha game has around 400 some dollars in dlc that "you must have" in order to have a fun, interesting game with good mechanics.

Yeah why should a game company work on making new in game products that cost time and resources to generate money, that they need to pay their employees taxes land taxes leases titles trademarks lawyers, servers. Oh wait they need to make to do all those things. Stop being cheap

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, LittleKat said:

Yeah why should a game company work on making new in game products that cost time and resources to generate money, that they need to pay their employees taxes land taxes leases titles trademarks lawyers, servers. Oh wait they need to make to do all those things. Stop being cheap

nice way to attack my character and not contribute anything of substive to the topic at hand. 

also id re-read what i said as you glossed over what i said about bobs tall tales dlc. For instance i would have said the same thing about BTT if it was just the oausaour for 5 bucks but there was alot more in BTT hence i supoorted it.

Edited by OtterlyRidiculous

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, TheMoschopsGuy said:

So basically,tomorrow The Center is releasing with the Shastasaurus,but there's this site with an announcement about The Center releasing and it mentions the first of a series of premium creatures,the Pyromane. It's described as a cat-like shoulder pet that can become a lion-like creature. Is it real? Or is it an hoax?

In my opinion, i don't think it is,. If it was real, i think Wildcard would have already announced it. More probably, it could be instead an Official premium mod and maybe with the update Wildcard may announce a series of Official premium mods, starting with the Pyromane. It could be possible also because they said they would release premium mods on Playstation later this month,so maybe they may wait them to be available on all platforms. In this way, they could promote the mods even more.

Anyway, here's a raw concept of how it could look in game.

Concetto dell'Arca - Pyromane.png

Looks like i was wrong

Edited by TheMoschopsGuy

1 minute ago, TheMoschopsGuy said:

Looks like i was wrong

So, it's basically a reskinned Shadowmane with new abilities. It would have been better if it was integrated with the map, also because The Center is the mod map with less content. Even if it still looks good, i dislike some areas, especially how they changed the Volcano Island. They put too much vegetations in it and there's not enough lava. They could have made it more similar to the Volcano biome in Genesis 1 and so they could have integrated the Pyromane better.

Also i was hoping that they would update the Underworld by making it more similar to Aberration or at least to the higher levels of the Aberration Trench in Valguero.

The fact that they made everything more like the Island makes worry a bit for Ragnarok and the other mod maps.

Everyone keeps complaining about having to buy from WC. Look, nobody does anything for free, especially to just let you have fun. No one cares like that. Get out of your fantasy bubble and realize that these people have to pay their workers to create this content. This content took management and creativity to produce and launch. Pay them for their efforts! You would want to be paid for your hard work. Stop complaining or don’t play. 

Thank you WildCard. Especially for the great customer service if I ever have an issue to resolve, and the free content you don’t have to provide. Yall are doing awesome and I will gladly buy your offers. Keep up the good work.

• Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, CryBabyQQ said:

Everyone keeps complaining about having to buy from WC. Look, nobody does anything for free, especially to just let you have fun. No one cares like that. Get out of your fantasy bubble and realize that these people have to pay their workers to create this content. This content took management and creativity to produce and launch. Pay them for their efforts! You would want to be paid for your hard work. Stop complaining or don’t play. 

Thank you WildCard. Especially for the great customer service if I ever have an issue to resolve, and the free content you don’t have to provide. Yall are doing awesome and I will gladly buy your offers. Keep up the good work.

I solely made an account here to ask if you're joking with this comment? They barely did a thing past make a terrible reskin of a shadowmane and gave it some fire effects. On top of that, while we don't have to buy it, they put it on a map and now we can either buy it or not have access to everything available. I'm all for buying cool content from a creator, but this game is riddled with far to many bugs still for them to be wasting time on this. They should have saved this and made more content to put together a compelling DLC map instead of being so greedy as to ruin a perfectly good map.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2024 at 6:33 AM, TheMoschopsGuy said:

So, it's basically a reskinned Shadowmane with new abilities. It would have been better if it was integrated with the map, also because The Center is the mod map with less content. Even if it still looks good, i dislike some areas, especially how they changed the Volcano Island. They put too much vegetations in it and there's not enough lava. They could have made it more similar to the Volcano biome in Genesis 1 and so they could have integrated the Pyromane better.

Also i was hoping that they would update the Underworld by making it more similar to Aberration or at least to the higher levels of the Aberration Trench in Valguero.

The fact that they made everything more like the Island makes worry a bit for Ragnarok and the other mod maps.

yeah i didnt understand what you meant untill i saw what they did to lava island. DILO happened to biome diversity? it just looks like another part of the map. same with skull island. really disappointed in that.

Posted (edited)

People here often seem to not understand how business works. They think corporations are charities that exist to provide free stuff.  Wildcard isn't the make a wish foundation. 

They make stuff you can pay for.  And it is not even mandatory. People also act like there is some kind of legitimate pay to win concern for them when 99% of the people aren't doing anything competitive and ark has no competitive scene. It is not an e sport.  And given PVP is already garbage tier due to the cheating that goes on regularly, having access to a creature that doesn't work if it is raining is not a big deal.

The entire argument line of pay to win isn't even something new to ark. It has always been the case where you pay to access stuff. Both maps and creatures.  Be happy wildcard is not funcom where they got a battlepass and a store and DLC and it costs exorbitant amounts of money for like 1 shelf.  Funcom was just selling a pillow set for 10 dollars lol. And you can't even sit on em!

Edited by Zeldei
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I dont like the P2W features theyve added lately,mainly the treasure maps with absolutely broken BPs, but I dont think this cat is so OP that its game breaking.   The  turtle, yea.  There's no real risk in losing your big dinos with that.  You can go be a dumb ass, lose it and as long as you have resources, you're right back where you were.  This game is already easy enough, now there isnt even the butt pucker of MAYBE losing a dino.  The BP thing just messes with trade on PvE.  

Yea, the cat is cool, but fire damage has been so nerfed its not a 1 hit 1 kill type deal.  Itll be interesting once ppl start mutating and refining stats, but again im not going to log out because I see one coming.  It does absolutely undo the no big dinos in caves since you can just toss it on your shoulder.  Im sure that was forethought on their part.  Lets limit the dinos they can take in for a bit, then give them a shoulder pet they can ride lol

People spend 5 bucks on a coffee that does nothing for them and its gone in an hour.  5 bucks on non combat pets for other games.  This does something at least

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zeldei said:

People here often seem to not understand how business works. They think corporations are charities that exist to provide free stuff.  Wildcard isn't the make a wish foundation. 

They make stuff you can pay for.  And it is not even mandatory. People also act like there is some kind of legitimate pay to win concern for them when 99% of the people aren't doing anything competitive and ark has no competitive scene. It is not an e sport.  And given PVP is already garbage tier due to the cheating that goes on regularly, having access to a creature that doesn't work if it is raining is not a big deal.

The entire argument line of pay to win isn't even something new to ark. It has always been the case where you pay to access stuff. Both maps and creatures.  Be happy wildcard is not funcom where they got a battlepass and a store and DLC and it costs exorbitant amounts of money for like 1 shelf.  Funcom was just selling a pillow set for 10 dollars lol. And you can't even sit on em!

the fact that this argument and others like it gloses over constantly is the MAPS were M A P S not

1. 1 creature thats outta place
  2. with op abilities
  3. thats a flip of assests

Maps are a full experiance. this is not.

Bobs tall tales added, cosmentics, emotes, a story, new items and structures, plus a dino.

again this "dlc" is

1. 1 creature thats out of place
  2. with op abilities

again btt added a full experince that brings hours and hours of enjoyment. this "dlc" does not

if they added more then just the creature im sure the reception wouldnt have been so horrid, but they didnt.

Hello,

First we had the right to premium mods where in reality less than 50% of the mod's value is given to the developer, and then the developer finds himself in chains. And now a super-expensive ptw/dlc system.

just remember that:
old scordched dlc on ark SE (price 15 dollars)
-new map with caves
-17 new dino (wyvern,golem)
-new boss with a new arena
-38 new structures
-15 new weapons/armor/tool
-7 new resources
-12 new consumable

and now? for 5 dollars on ark ASA
-a fire shadowman with bugs

its 100% a scam for me but, a lot of stupid people will buy it and it will encourage wildcard to continue ptw/pay to habe fun toxic system. Someone who is too stupid to buy, I wonder how he survives in the face of natural selection.
I'm not encouraging it, but if they keep making one-off creatures that cost 5 dollars or dlc's just so wildcard can make lots of money to buy nice houses. I think I'll find a way to get these things for nothing no more money for wildcard.
i'd rather put 5 dollars into games like lethal compagnie which are ultra fun and don't try to take any more money than necessary.
(sorry i use a translate certain things might be taken out of context or have a different meaning from what I meant.) thank you for reading me have a nice day

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, OtterlyRidiculous said:

the fact that this argument and others like it gloses over constantly is the MAPS were M A P S not

1. 1 creature thats outta place
  2. with op abilities

Maps are a full experiance. this is not.

Bobs tall tales added, cosmentics, emotes, a story, new items and structures, plus a dino.

again this "dlc" is

1. 1 creature thats out of place
  2. with op abilities

again btt added a full experince that brings hours and hours of enjoyment. this "dlc" does not

if they added more then just the creature im sure the reception wouldnt have been so horrid, but they didnt.

The problem is that it doesn't really matter if it is a map or not because the argument was pay to win.  By that logic, buying a map is also pay to win because if you don't have that map, you don't have access to the resources, creatures that come with said map. Or the techs. So it is not any different from ASE. 

The abilities are going to get nerfed anyway, so this is not a real issue. That has always been the case in ark where creatures are "OP" for a small amount of time. Everything that has been released got nerfed.  "A flip of assets" still needs to generate income. It is not an identical creature. It has a new skin, new mechanics. That is manhours that need to be justified with a financial return. 

The creature is only out of place because the third party did a crap job remaking the center's volcanic area. Otherwise, it would totally fit right in. It spawns in a lava zone. 

You can always choose not to buy it and it will have no real impact on you unless you are some kind of hard-core PVPer. And no one cares about PVP.  This is not a competitive game. There is no prize for winning. It is not an Esport. There is no ark league. No fame or fortune, and the creature will be nerfed soon enough when the crying starts. 

The Center itself was never an amazing map. It is basically the island, but bigger.  It was never going to provide many hours of entertainment in the first place, but now at least we get some cool creatures for later maps that are much better. 

Not all DLC has to be a map level "full experience."  When I buy a cosmetic item from Funcom's bazaar in Conan Exiles, I am doing it because I like the item. It is really that simple. 

Edited by Zeldei
  • Like 1