Community Crunch 401: Introducing Bob's Tall Tales, starring Karl Urban and Auliʻi Cravalho!

9 hours ago, HoganRyan01 said:

we have seen one 

GAX77ajawAAqg-z.jpg

That’s a render, not a screenshot. The cactus doesn’t look right for in game, almost 2d. The clouds aren’t the same as the in game ones we’ve been suffering the eyesore of on ASA and the red ob in the right has way too much relative altitude given such a distance from the camera

• Thanks 1

So, were not going to talk about how the majority of that screenshot is straight rip offs of other games? Are we just stealing from other games now?  Also, did you just find out Borderlands exists and ripping off Tiny Tina's game too?  Jesus Christ, people just want you to make the game they were promised and all this seems like your throwing away the core of what ark was to chase after the Fortnite crowd who couldn't give a poop about ark or survival games.  Their survival game is 15-30 minutes at a time.  Hey if you want to, how about ripping off Nightingale next, maybe you could steal stuff from COD and Battlefield too.  Why stop there, visit Turok as they have more poop you can steal.  Your game had less than 8000 players on, like almost less than 7000 at one point.  This isn't once or twice, this is happening daily.  This is a YOU problem, not a players finding new games to kill time, the majority of the 90K players that left won't come back.  YOU need to hire people who know what the f--k their doing, not modders and streamers to push your scheme to force people to rebuy the DLC that YOU said would be free.

Now queue all the angry fanboys and simps decrying me as a hater (with 22k hours into ASE) and not realizing what's going on here.

• Thanks 2

For me personally, a lot is riding on SE. The frontier pack possibly being p2w and just the overall condition that the SE map launches in is make or break.

I've barely logged in this past week or 2. The interest is just not there anymore. 

I think by aberration modders are basically going to have to take charge of development and carry the load for this game to maintain a healthy population. WC is clearly not equipped to deliver a good product on time (have they ever been really?) and Ark has such a backlog of content it'll take years to realize it all, which of course means less profit now for papa snail.

• Thanks 1

I guess my question is when will the Winter Wonderland event get fixed for singleplayer? There’s no file size on the mod page, and it can’t be downloaded. Not sure if that’s just PS5. Wondering if either y’all just forgot about it or if it’s actually to hard to fix? If it’s just to hard, send me adequate hardware and I will handle it for you. No need for a salary, I just want to be able to use the content on my save whenever I wish, especially when there was a promise made by y'all that events could be activate whenever. 

Im serious WC, send me a decent computer and necessary access to the game files. I have no intention of tweaking the story or anything, just fixing simple things. you will thank me for it.  

Edited by Ecy
  • Thanks 1

while not as bad as some of the most egregious "crunches"  that we have seen recently which quite literally only had mod shoutouts and no wildcard content, this one is still nothing but filler essentially. there is not a single piece of useful info reguarding scorched earth or the animated series.

we're two crunches away from scorched and they have inspired no confidence that it wont be delayed for what i believe would be a fourth time other than saying its probably on track, the issue with that is not a single word can be trusted from wildcard due to their history where upwards of 90% of any dates or promises have been broken. if we dont get anything, even just an in game screenshot from scorched next crunch it is 100% just gonna be delayed again. we have had only island for nearly half a year at this point and its become a joke, its not like wildcard are making these maps for the first time and they're stating from scratch. theres a reason wildcard gets no respect or sympathy from the community.

34 minutes ago, Collprince said:

theres a reason wildcard gets no respect or sympathy from the community.

I gave them a whole lot of charity and goodwill when the game broke back in ase, i always told myself and others that its an early access game, and then later, well they have a lot going on and their probably just working on ark 2 so they have a smaller team on ark.  But after ASA came out, and the poop show that was and remains, i dont have any of that left now.  We shouldn't accept this sort of behavior from any game company, a broken, barely playable game for some people and unplayable for the rest.  IMO they did a copy-paste of ase onto UE5, cleaned up some broken things to get it working again, then shoved it out the door.  Other games have been 'in development' and released and are not only fully playable but fun games overall without the nonsense attached to it.  Like, for instant, changing cryopods in a way that makes people not even want to use them.

If they manage to get the maps out before they go bankrupt i'll be surprised.

• Thanks 2

That poster looks a lot like a 'season pass' DLC bundle. Interesting theme choices. Honestly given the Ruins style in SE, I always expected something more along the lines of Egyptian/Roman themed DLC instead of the wild west. It'll be interesting so see what the full amount of content in these pack and price tag to gauge value for money, especially when compared to a lot of the content Mods are making. Primal Plus being perhaps the type of direct competition based on the trailer they released. Of course, any good new content is welcome as more choice is always better.

1 hour ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

You’d think someone at the company would’ve sat them down and explained that the whole bob’s tall tales thing would just remind everyone that they promised an animated series and just went radio silent on it.

Or at least mentioned to them how is this not basically a copy of borderlands.  I also wonder how people are saying this 'looks good' when they haven't even seen a trailer or anything.  

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, Rendition said:

Or at least mentioned to them how is this not basically a copy of borderlands.  I also wonder how people are saying this 'looks good' when they haven't even seen a trailer or anything.  

Like this trailer, released over a year ago:

• Like 1