Community Crunch 395: Love Evolved, Mod Spotlight, Bonus Rates, and More!

StudioWildcard

welcome_crunch2023-1.png

In this video, a Survivor encounters a surprise User-Created Cosmetic Costume dynamically added onto any server, including official servers.... and then, journey into the brave new world of Total Conversions using the new Mod game framework, which enables nearly anything that Unreal Engine can do to be released as a cross-platform Mod. We've a created a quick example to show one way to use it.

And then next up, the Mod Spotlight features basic examples of player-created Custom Structures which as of next week can be dynamically added onto any server, including Official Servers, allowing infinite functionality and visual variety. Finally, onto the Cross-Platform Mods released this week!

This video features:

Love_Ascended.png

ASA_LoveAscended2024_Wallpaper_2560x1440.png

Download in full resolution

Can you feel the love in the air? Love Ascended is set to sweep ARK survivors off their feet with an array of enchanting new treats and delights. This love-filled event, celebrating Valentine's Day, kicks off on Tuesday, February 13, 2024, and will continue to spread joy and affection until Tuesday, February 20, 2024, on Official Servers.  We'll have the full event details in the Community Crunch next week!

Garuga lets build.png

GarugaLetsBuid_Feb3_1920x1080.jpg

Are you interested in modding for ARK? Here's your chance to dive in! Our seasoned modding expert, Garuga123will guide you through the creative process of making a new character - from animations to physics. This three part series will start on Saturday, February 3rd, at 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM Pacific and continue every other week at the same time.

Bring your questions, enthusiasm, and a thirst for knowledge as we embark on this modding journey together. Don't miss out on the opportunity to learn from one of our most popular modding members.

• Session 1
    • February 3rd, 10 AM - 12PM Pacific
    • Visual elements - starting a new character, setting up the animations, mesh, physics, etc.
  • Session 2
    • February 17th, 10 AM - 12 PM Pacific
    • Blueprinting - setting up the actual character BPs
  • Session 3
    • March 2nd, 10 AM - 12 PM Pacific
    • Going Live - getting the mod prepped, testing issues, uploading, etc.

Watch on Garuga or on SurvivetheArk's Twitch channels!

bonus_rates_official.png

ASA_Social_Post_BonusRates_InGame_Details_2-2_872x900.jpg

This weekend, the Official Network will be receiving bonus rates! It will be active until Monday, February 5th.

• PVP/PVE: 2x Harvesting, Taming, Experience, and Breeding
  • Small Tribes: 4x Harvesting, Taming, and Experience + 3.5x Breeding
  • ARKpocalypse: 4.5x Harvesting, Taming and Experience + 4.5x Breeding

COMMUNITY_CORNER.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot Gallery | Artist Feedback Form

Help us discover your talent by tagging your art with #ARKPhotoMode or #ARKFanart on social media!

clipsandvideosblue.png

Creator: I BARDEN I

Visit The Island's own Minas Tirith. This build by Barden Builds is an absolute must-see!

Creator: TekARK_01

Check out the stunning evolution of TekARK_01's artwork over the years!

fanartblue.png

Pair of Drakes by Rackiera

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_395_Rackiera_1

A curious visitor by Umbra-Daiwrfol

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_395_Umbra-Daiw

Fan Art by bluntscissors147

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_395_bluntsciss

In the tree tops by EchidnaQuills

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_395_EchidnaQui

Ark 2, desmodus encounter! by @StudiosGoji

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_395_@StudiosGo

Hey, everyone, you're still using me, right? by @falco_luna

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_395_@falco_lun

A little parasaur by @Hinna_Otter

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_395_@Hinna_Ott

ARK_photomode.png

Sunset by soittoday

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_395_soittoday_

Something is out there! by scotty73

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_395_scotty73_1

Pego in the wild by nemesisstar

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_395_nemesissta

Good night with a little fantastic photo by @enjoy_toubyou

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_395_@enjoy_tou

Level up Argentavis! by @hamubarg

large.ASA_CommunityCrunch_395_@hamubarg_

Enjoy your weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Threads: threads.net/@survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

• Like 1

Anyone has the old ASE love evolved 3 (2022) ConfigOverrideSupplyCrateItems for PrimalInventoryBP_GenericFishing_C ?
Yes I know some mechanics (chocolate/candies drops at mates and hearts fishes) aren't working anymore but the fishing can be still restored with some ini works...

#RestoreEventsInASE

EDIT: I got something similar with Beacon, time to test it...

Edited by darkradeon
  • Thanks 2

What's with this major obsession for mods?

I get it, people love them and they perhaps give you less work to do on the game yourself... But the direction of the game and marketing seems to be relying on them A LOT.

I've personally never been a fan of mods, that's why I choose to play on console in the first place. Having to rely on them for everything is bogus and largely time/space consuming.

Plus to me it always feels like cheating when I use them (unless they are Officially released or are considered Official by the devs themselves, much like Fallout 4 did).

Are you still gonna make Official additions for the game itself that don't rely on mods? Like in the last Community Crunch for example, I asked if you are going to release Tek Greenhouse Walls that can function the same way (as the mod you previewed with transparency on/off and one-way usage option) for the folks who still like to play and enjoy the game vanilla-only?

Please consider this, thank you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Love the Love evolved art, amazing 2x but how about updates coming to consoles?

fixing keybinds, FOV not saving,

A fix from having to re-enter commands on command gui every crash, game close.

Fix map and waypoints being off-centered

A option to remove console command GUI commands that have been incorrectly typed and unable to remove them from list.

Tree’s not loading properly, showing blurry and distorted, 

Base rendering not loading large bases faster as promised. 

rhynio crashes when flying and landing. 

Fix switching tabs in inventory because it makes sort preference reset

Looking bald when you actually have full set of hair, reminds me of darktide ‘s hair visual bugs in the beginning when it launched. 

Terrible path finding for creatures on whistle follow. Because of the distance it often will walk backwards to go around things causing it to un render and stop moving forward. ( very annoying ) Have a bronto follow you and you’ll know what i mean. 

+ in addition, Babies on whistle follow are a disaster following you unless you have following preset set to the lowest, this should be fixed. Babies walk in circles if a door way is blocked just by a tamed animal, it could still have room to fit through but doesn’t want to go through,

Wild creatures easy to dodge, Going in circles or side by side motion can miss getting hit by raptor, or Piranha  

Fix dragon boss not landing, being invisible. so many tribes have lost full sets of boss dinos, ascendant flak gear that was a big farm to get crafted and was treated like if their hard work meant nothing. This is a bug that happened back on Valg a lot on ASE, and really hoped with the “better animal pathfinding” and such would eliminate issues like this 

Fix sensor chat in Xbox, cannot type lol, and many more things that don’t even make sense to be censored. As this game especially on official server , communication is needed for trades, working together on bosses and etc, unable to communicate properly with people without being fully censored even without any cuss words. this should be a priority.

Chat bugs, when pressing enter with keyboard or even with controller, sometimes the chat will flicker and not let you type, causing you to have to restart your game… every time to fix it. The bug happens so often it is really a discouragement to play, because most the time i’m resetting keyboard keybinds and FOV, console commands than actually playing the game..   

I have played many hours of ASA, and this doesn't even begin to come close to all its bugs and issues, but i have reported most all this on bug reports and not one of these issues have been fixed. Dollie has said they are working on other boss related problems but nothing else about all the rest. 

Edited by Snowh
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Snowh said:

Fix sensor chat in Xbox, cannot type lol, and many more things that don’t even make sense to be censored. As this game especially on official server , communication is needed for trades, working together on bosses and etc, unable to communicate properly with people without being fully censored even without any cuss words. this should be a priority.

This one is out of WC reach but very easy to solve: Get Steam and a PC or PS5.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 5

4 hours ago, Snowh said:

Love the Love evolved art, amazing 2x but how about updates coming to consoles?

fixing keybinds, FOV not saving,

A fix from having to re-enter commands on command gui every crash, game close.

Fix map and waypoints being off-centered

A option to remove console command GUI commands that have been incorrectly typed and unable to remove them from list.

Tree’s not loading properly, showing blurry and distorted, 

Base rendering not loading large bases faster as promised. 

rhynio crashes when flying and landing. 

Fix switching tabs in inventory because it makes sort preference reset

Looking bald when you actually have full set of hair, reminds me of darktide ‘s hair visual bugs in the beginning when it launched. 

Terrible path finding for creatures on whistle follow. Because of the distance it often will walk backwards to go around things causing it to un render and stop moving forward. ( very annoying ) Have a bronto follow you and you’ll know what i mean. 

+ in addition, Babies on whistle follow are a disaster following you unless you have following preset set to the lowest, this should be fixed. Babies walk in circles if a door way is blocked just by a tamed animal, it could still have room to fit through but doesn’t want to go through,

Wild creatures easy to dodge, Going in circles or side by side motion can miss getting hit by raptor, or Piranha  

Fix dragon boss not landing, being invisible. so many tribes have lost full sets of boss dinos, ascendant flak gear that was a big farm to get crafted and was treated like if their hard work meant nothing. This is a bug that happened back on Valg a lot on ASE, and really hoped with the “better animal pathfinding” and such would eliminate issues like this 

Chat bugs, when pressing enter with keyboard or even with controller, sometimes the chat will flicker and not let you type, causing you to have to restart your game… every time to fix it. The bug happens so often it is really a discouragement to play, because most the time i’m resetting keyboard keybinds and FOV, console commands than actually playing the game..   

I have played many hours of ASA, and this doesn't even begin to come close to all its bugs and issues, but i have reported all this on bug reports and not one of these issues have been fixed. Dollie has said they are working on other boss related problems but nothing else about all the rest. 

Everything in this post is 100% facts. These are all major bugs. The map one with coordinates is annoying. Quick map and inventory map do not match. Animal pathfinding is atrocious. Wild dino AI is nothing compared to what it used to be when being ambushed by raptors and stuff. Even argies were accurate.

Base rendering...1000% this. This instanced render thing is not even a real thing. Instead I'm seeing bases SO FAR away...I'd rather see a dino far away, not a base.

• Like 5

Transfers get delayed FOUR TIMES and there's no mention of a new date in this CC or the last.

I have to do the leg work and go on twitter searching for information that should be front and center on the official website. 

Nothing to see here, typical WC backwards upside down public relations. 

Would love an update or any look at all at The Center, which is supposed to be coming in 3 short weeks. I suppose we all know whats going to happen with that release date.

I'd love to be positive but as Eminem once said 

tellin me to be positive, how am i supposed to be positive
when i don't see s*** positive,
you know what i'm sayin?
i rapp about s*** around me, s*** i see, 

• Like 1

The mickey mouse thing is cringe as hell.

These custom mods being a mandatory and forced part of the game right down to official servers is a huge drawback imo.

It reminds me of Ready Player 1 (love the movie btw) where The Oasis had all these different random characters that people used as Avatars.

It was a free-for-all with cosmetics so to speak, which worked in the movie because that universe was an amalgamation of all things internet. 

Ark is not. Ark has a central theme. Ark has a central art style, a certain ook to the game's armor, weapons, tames, map etc.

Seeing Mickey, Doom guy, Dr Disrespect, Mary Poppins, Left Shark, Colonel Sanders, or any number of infinite outside skins imported into the game just completely takes away from the look and feel of Ark, the game we actually paid to play.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Hey can you guys do something about xbox (or other console players) not being able to log into our singleplayer worlds. I have spend countless hours on my builds and cannot log in before it crashes IN the loading screen. It is getting ridiculous and I want to be able to enjoy the game without these problems. Before I get suggestions, I have tried every possible solution short of deleting and reinstalling the game. Please update or patch it very soon. 

Look, I try to remain positive, I try to give you guys the benefit of the doubt. Games are hard to make, after all.

I've told myself for quite a while that I love Ark. But I think the truth is that I love what Ark could be, if you guys would just knuckle down and work on fixing it.

I've seen the negativity that abounds within the community. I think that some of it is deserved, especially for things like not fixing game-breaking bugs, relying on mods and modded content to fix/expand the game you should be developing, not being open and transparent with your community, and not realistically managing expectations in regards to release dates (seriously, just double whatever time you think it'll take and give that date; if you release content "early," that can only be a good thing)....

Some of the bluster is just that: bluster. It's toxic negativity spewed by entitled children. Right now, I don't blame them. If/When you get around to fixing things, I'd expect a bit more leeway as you would be proving you're working on things.

But despite my usual patience, I genuinely want to play your game, and I'm frustrated to heII that you effectively won't let me. I refuse to spend time playing a game where my progress is randomly wiped by numerous hours. I personally value myself and my own time too much to put myself through that.

At this stage, I'm about to take that age-old advice that says "write the book you want to read" and use it to go make the game that I want to play.

Edited by Oreochema
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Feels like this game is turning into a child’s circus.  At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if ‘PlayStation Home’ makes a come back, they could put it in the middle of the map so we can all gather together for a good time playing ‘Tic Tac Toe’, ‘Bingo’, ‘Dancing’, shopping malls etc… and maybe Dino trading.