ARK Survival Ascended is now live on Xbox and Windows PC!

StudioWildcard

stop whining, what is wrong with you people. it was never announced to be on gamepass, where is the freaking entitlement coming from? evolved was out for *YEARS* before gamepass even became a thing and even then wasn't on gamepass right away iirc.

that it was supposed to be on a discount but is not is not acceptable, that i agree with, but you are not entitled to ascended being on gamepass, i have to actually question your intellect if you honestly believe what you are saying here. then again, most of you probably know they are typing BS and just hope for a free game, quite embarrassing if you ask me, especially trying to shame them into adding it to the gamepass.

yes, they handled the release quite poorly in terms of communication, but that doesn't give you a right to a free game, get over it.

i just wish these xbox servers dropped sooner, because our already overpopulated, too few steam servers that *ALL* became crossplay got flooded with xbox players that did not have their own servers who are now, since they already spent hours on those servers since there *WERE NO XBOX SERVERS*, refusing to leave the servers because then they would have *wasted their time!*

this was managed *VERY* poorly. should have at least waited with enabling crossplay, and this is coming from someone that has a m8 on xbox. because now, not only do we have to deal with the swarm of players that were waiting to join their steam friends, but the ones that dont want to start all over on xbox only servers as well!

at least enable transfers, i do not see any reason to block those if it's only the island anyway, would at least give people a reason - or a chance, if you will! - to consider moving to a less populated server without wasting their time on having to start all over again!

bad enough we have asian folks completely foundation blocking the entire servers - EU SERVERS! - without support doing anything about it!

Edited by xReaVa
  • Thanks 2

Just saw were dolly said there will be no console only pve servers as there is no point.  so now were being forced to play it PC players.  Seriously considering refunding the game at this point.  How freaking stupid is WC?  its almost like they are trying to piss everyone off

Edited by LordSithe
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Just saying but this is absolutely garbage that the xbox community still does not have dedicated servers..... if you are going to put out a product you should be upfront about when things are available and not this drip fed crap.... as a long time Ark player since beta this is ridiculous... you are forcing me to be on an already played PC server create a new character then be subjected to bust my butt to catch up when PC players have pillars everywhere so I cant find a place to build with spawn spots being killed because of this it is not right or acceptable. 

False advertising for Series S Xbox users.

What a shame. I mean, series S looks awesome for a game released in 2005. Welcome to the land of Playdo with a character that has cataracts. Fuzzy, out of focus, terrible textures. This game is now a $45 bag of Dodo dung.

So glad I payed for an “update” to a game that after 30 minutes I’m seriously considering just playing ASE for better graphics.

WC, you had to know this before launching. If you didn’t that was negligence on your part, or incompetence, probably both. So why not put in a disclaimer that Series S is lower graphics quality? Instead you took my money knowing you weren’t delivering the product to me that you advertised. Give me a way to fix this WC or give me my money back. 

Update: asked for and received my refund. Never felt better in my life. Call me when the game works on Series S, I’ll be playing ASE.

Edited by Makeme1994
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LordSithe said:

Still no xbox only servers?  They said a few hours  its been almost 24 hours lol.  these new cross play servers are trash.  9 days old and pillared off already

Agreed total crap... my husband follows one of the developers on discord and they said they would only do PVP servers no PVE because no value... 🙄🤬

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Art3mis5294 said:

Agreed total crap... my husband follows one of the developers on discord and they said they would only do PVP servers no PVE because no value... 🙄🤬

Yup  I saw that.  Dolly said that.  its BS.  I did find a decent crossplay without pillars anywhere.  got a nice start going but no boosted rates.  like at all.  think it hit day 13  so its a brand new one  wheres the boosts they said Xbox would be getting to catch up?  Im getting like 4 hide per dodo lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ITOMMYGUNI said:

Did you manage to fix? I have this problem, deleted and redownloaded and still nothing 

Nope, still cant connect any were unless i go non dedicated... i am getting so fed up with wild card's horse crap. they new of these problems for years. why release a game not completed.... O wait i know $$$  i am about to file for a refund

day 2 of no game play

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Galexme said:

Ok what the heck, you just made half of my family mad and my little brother won't stop crying now, you said it was going to be on gamepass, I hate wildcard now, you take away our online servers and tell us that ASA will be on gamepass, then you delay it multiple times, and take it of gamepass, real great for your reviews.

Never was mentioned it was on game pass only showed on a partner preview  for Xbox it was just and assuming from the community 

2 hours ago, Art3mis5294 said:

....they really can't do it.....

PC Servers are already too few just for PC users (servers already all constantly full 70/70 even before the XBox launch), I can't imagine when PS5 will arrive too!! !! It is not fair to any of the three platforms!! Not to mention those who buy Ark for PVE for the first time and should also learn to play, assuming they find a Server that isn't 70/70...

by the way: let's admit that I can find an instant of a Server that isn't full (without consider Ping or region) and I start playing, after a while I log out to have dinner and after an hour I come back and (with very high probability) the Server is full and continues to be full for several minutes, what do I do (?) I start again every time a different Server?? and then I progress a day here and a day there?? uselessly taking up space for others.. BUT THERE IS BETTER: if in all this we are 3 friends who want to play together????

Now let's get real again and try to understand their motivation "IT MAKES NO SENSE": it makes no sense to make their Servers available when they have already demonstrated in other ways that their strategy is to force the push to rent Servers via Nitrado, where you can also use Mods of which on the Premium they would earn further revenue... perhaps it is better to stop here with the details... I might agree with the thought of not opening too many Servers that they wouldn't know how to dispose of if they were really more than necessary, but here we are talking about the opposite. 

I don't use Discord but I imagine that many people complain about this same thing even in Discord, we are now at the height of the inconceivable in almost all the maneuvers regarding ASA, and yet they still manage to amaze us by managing from time to time to overcome the threshold, putting even the most hardened optimists into crisis!!

• Thanks 1