Cant play ASA til next year

Moonie1

Steam is trying to download a 379 MB update for ASA. Its stuck on Reserving Space 2%. First why is it reserving space on my c:? I thought it only reserved space for drives other than c:. Second, its been stuck for 30 minutes now. Its bad enough to have to deal with the reserving space nonsense, but getting stuck during the agonizingly slow process is salt in the wound. Im trying hard not to leave a bad review based on the hassles in game but this kind of thing really makes it hard to hold back. Guess I get to play next year:NextYear.jpg.26cb06a1ef0784491fd9e6c839662daf.jpg

18 minutes ago, Moonie1 said:

Thanks Invincibleqc, but that didnt work. It tried to stop the download first and gets hung up doing that.

Its "funny" they even implemented the Display for "> 1 Year".

Last year or so i didnt have much problems with steam downloading. But in the past it was always a circus.
Dowloading 10mb, then minutes pass by without any progression...
Like Invincible says, and I used to restart steam every time to force it to download a few mbs.
I think it might be a firewall issue conflicting with steam or something I dunno. Check Firewall, Antivirus, VPN, regions or whatever...

I was able to get it to complete the download but its getting stuck on 2% installing now. I have exited, rebooted and restarted steam multiple times. I have 90 GB free on my SSD after the download. I am at a loss on what else to try. Ark is the only game that I have these issues with. It is beyond frustrating that it happened with Evolved and now the same crap with Ascended.

Yeah the same was happening to me.

To fix it:

1. End the task using Task Manager completely
2. Verify game files integrity
3. Go into Game Properties > Updates and set the automatic updates to High Priority
4. Now start the update process

This fixed it for me, now it's downloading
image.png.75dc82a1f3dec0efbcb57c2ec1fdcd50.png

Edited by Ns1der

The only way i am able to fix this is to force close steam from task manager then uninstall it and reinstall it. I had to reinstall it like 7 times over the past 2 days but it fixes for a decent amount of time. I notice that whenever i verify game files after its done reinstalling it restores 900 files, but ASA isn't even 900 files.

The workaround is what sleepypanther31 said. Its a visual bug. Its still installing in the background even tho it remains at 2%. It will eventually finish and then instantly be done and moved to Completed if you just let it sit there. We all like to watch the number ticking closer and closer to 100% but that doesnt happen with the 2% display bug. So just hang tight, it will finish, you just wont know how long it will take since nothing updates the time left.