Community Crunch 383: Community-Voted Creature Recap and Community Corner!

StudioWildcard

17 hours ago, Mike585x said:

I presume that was their plan already by withholding information? Delaying the hype purposely for those such as yourself to get amped up last minute, and thus have no second guessing/questioning/doubts when it's time to hit the "purchase" button upon release.

It’s called “fooling the simpletons” 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 11:13 AM, Mike585x said:

I presume that was their plan already by withholding information? Delaying the hype purposely for those such as yourself to get amped up last minute, and thus have no second guessing/questioning/doubts when it's time to hit the "purchase" button upon release.

I'm bored to death with the games I have, so I was hitting the purchase button either way.

Dont tell me you're another "silent marketing" guy.

15 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Wow shots fired. I guess cautious optimism is not a thing in your cynical realm of existence. 

WC has done absolutely nothing over the past ~8 years to garner any amount of optimism. 

Their track record is failing to meet their own deadlines and releasing content that wasn’t playtested. 

Worse yet they are always seemingly clueless as to how their own game works. They released climbing picks in Abberation and didn’t think there would be an issue. Players found exploits within the first day allowing them to mesh through terrain and cheat. Mechs did not trigger turrets and could walk into a base with ease. Megalo’s weren’t able to lay fert eggs on release and they were vital to the map. 

I could go on for quite sometime with similar examples. 

2 hours ago, Rocker323 said:

WC has done absolutely nothing over the past ~8 years to garner any amount of optimism. 

Their track record is failing to meet their own deadlines and releasing content that wasn’t playtested. 

Worse yet they are always seemingly clueless as to how their own game works. They released climbing picks in Abberation and didn’t think there would be an issue. Players found exploits within the first day allowing them to mesh through terrain and cheat. Mechs did not trigger turrets and could walk into a base with ease. Megalo’s weren’t able to lay fert eggs on release and they were vital to the map. 

I could go on for quite sometime with similar examples. 

You're not wrong.

Anyone who's been playing the game for years is going to have a multitude of their own personal bug stories (like the first time I tamed a really high level argy only to have it die when I closed my large hatchframe door on it as soon as I got it back to base).

I'm just optimistic because I need something good to play. Rust is already getting boring again. MK1 can only hold my attention for so long. My body is ready to sink ungodly amounts of time into ASA.

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

(like the first time I tamed a really high level argy only to have it die when I closed my large hatchframe door on it as soon as I got it back to base).

Remember when you could get killed walking into electrical cables too. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

I'm bored to death with the games I have, so I was hitting the purchase button either way.

Dont tell me you're another "silent marketing" guy.

On the contrary, I'm not hitting the purchase button because I've already set up a stable cluster of "Unofficial Official" saved servers and remaining on ASE (I also don't have the time to start over completely for the 5th time, especially with no QoL). But it's blatantly obvious what they are doing, I don't see any other reason.

Edited by Mike585x

2 hours ago, Mike585x said:

On the contrary, I'm not hitting the purchase button because I've already set up a stable cluster of "Unofficial Official" saved servers and remaining on ASE (I also don't have the time to start over completely for the 5th time, especially with no QoL). But it's blatantly obvious what they are doing, I don't see any other reason.

There's an outside chance that ASA is fantastic though.

If so, you'll be so jelly of us Unreal 5 enjoyers, that you'll be forced to ditch that archaic last gen experience. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

There's an outside chance that ASA is fantastic though.

If so, you'll be so jelly of us Unreal 5 enjoyers, that you'll be forced to ditch that archaic last gen experience. 

Hah, maybe. But definitely not until all of the DLC is out, most of the bugs sorted, and many already "caught up" to how it was. Also I'd probably like to be able to slowly transition over same way I did with Legacy to Official. If I ever even trust Official servers to not get shut down AGAIN heh.

On 10/19/2023 at 10:23 AM, Rocker323 said:

It comes off like you started playing Ark in the last 6 months. Your level of optimism is not grounded in reality. Wildcard has the worst track record possible and to act otherwise is naive.

But back to the word abuse. Learn this now and learn it well - EVERYTHING exists on a spectrum. Every single aspect of this reality. 

When you “abuse the terms of service” are you giving the terms of service PTSD? No, because it’s a reptaring word and it had a wide range of applications. 

Unless you are a non English speaker you are putting forth a tremendously weak argument about semantics. 

I am not a native English speaker. But I know enough words to write the following. 

I do not like your attitude and such from this point on forwards. I will be ignoring you. Goodluck in your bubble of negativity.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Signupnow said:

I am not a native English speaker. But I know enough words to write the following. 

I do not like your attitude and such from this point on forwards. I will be ignoring you. Goodluck in your bubble of negativity.

i dont get all the negativity sure studio wildcard has a rep of being late but at least they deliver, i mean would you rather get the content late or not at all

• 2 weeks later...