ASA community questions for next Q&A

AUTO6

On Community Crunch 381 we got first Q&A session for ASA. But we have lot more questions about ASA so here will be good place to collect them all. Only questions, no discussion.

Hope devs will see our questions and answer some of them in next Q&A. I will start:

1. Will we be able to rent a private server on Nitrado for ASA at game launch?
  2. Will we have wild baby dinos at launch?
  3. What about wild and not ridden tamed dinos fall damage - no fall damage like in ARK?
  4. Will be wild dinos smarter in ASA to not jump from clifs?
  5. Will we be able for fast pulling resources to craft items from our nearbly storage (we know this QOL improvement from S+ mod and it's very usefull)?
  6. Will we have new cutting trees and destroying rocks animations in ASA?
  7. Will we still be able to drink see water in ASA.
  8. Will we have some bigger waves and storms in the see?
  9. Will all creatures be visually improved in ASA (it would look bad if we have visually improved maps + old dino models )?
  10. Will the ASA launch trailer be a remake of original ARK launch trailer (I think it would be cool)?

5 hours ago, Charlie12345 said:

Will cross play with PC mean that Playstation players will now experience the same levels of cheating as Xbox players experienced when Xbox/PC crossplay was opened up?  If so I will definitely NOT be buying ASA.

there are some NON xplay console only servers - they did say this in the q&a we JUST had u might have missed it / skipped it /shrug

On 10/2/2023 at 9:33 AM, Charlie12345 said:

Thanks the info Duffmek.  I actually thought that announcement meant the servers would be cross xbox/ps rather than separate xbox and separate ps servers.  Hoping it is the latter. That would be awesome.

The post reads that it's the former.  If xbox/ps players crossplay without PC, why is that an issue for you?

"Previously, mutations were based on a creature's wild stat multiplier, and now we’ve given it its multiplier. This has led to some creatures receiving some buffs/nerfs in particular stats, but we intend to rebalance this over time as we evaluate their roles in the meta."

I would like to see more info on how exactly this works; as I understand it the levels from mutations will now be different from wild levels.  I.E. right now a freshly tamed rex with 40 levels/points of health will have exactly the same health as a bred rex that had a 38 health parent and one health mutation to boost its stat by +2 to 40. But under this new system, a fresh tamed rex with 40 H could very well have more or less health than a rex with a 38 H parent and 2 mutation levels, depending on how much health a mutation level adds.  Is this correct?  

Also will those mutation levels be inherited separately from the regular wild levels, or will they be "stuck" together?  I.E., if I start mutating with a 40 health rex, and get 10 mutation levels added, and then a tribe mate goes and tames a 48 H rex, would it be possible to transfer those 10 mutation levels on top of the new 48 H wild stat?

It also mentions that server owners will be able to set a stat cap, and official will have each stat capped at 255.  Will both the wild levels and the new mutation ones have separate caps, or will the cap be wild + mutation added together?  If the latter, that would complicate the mutation game; if some creatures happen to gain more from a mutation stat than a wild one then you would want to tame super low (or zero) before you begin mutating, while if a creature gains less from a mutation level you would want the best possible wild stat from the start.  

I also could be completely misunderstanding how this new mechanic works, so more info would be good.

Edited by Dreadcthulhu

36 minutes ago, Hixbot said:

Can private servers enable movement leveling that players can choose to use on the survivor/dinos?  Or can private servers only adjust movement speed parameters, without the option of a leveling mechanic?

From the community crunch

• Disabled leveling of movement speed on creatures and players on Official Network (Unofficials can change this via config, of course) -- we see the conversations, we already did it a while back 😜

I would like a new style of official server which would be a mix of pvp and pve. I'm going to take the example of the game Conan Exiles because I played it a lot and I became acquainted with a pve-conflict mode. For those who haven't played it I'll explain.
It is a pve server but between 6:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. every day the server becomes partly pvp.
We can kill other players, their animals, their slaves and harvest everything they had in their inventory. But the most important thing is that we cannot destroy the buildings in any way.

I know that a lot of people were very angry about being killed during these hours of pvp but after all they just have to go play in full pve.

I would like wildcard to find a way to make a server in this style because for a person like me who cannot be full time defending my base against offline raids but who would like to be able to pvp it would be a perfect balance.

I played 4K hours on average in pvp on Ark and 4K hours in pve. I love the quiet side of pve but I also like the challenge side of pvp but I hate logging in in the evening and finding my base wipe while I was at work after spending several hours building and taming my dinos.

And then if people want to connect but don't want to fight for one night they can stay in the comfort of their base and those who want to pvp and just have to go hunting.

• Thanks 1