Community Crunch 381: Sunsets on ASE, New Horizons on ASA and FAQ

StudioWildcard

On 9/30/2023 at 12:23 AM, MMaas said:

More important: Will ASA have good controler and TV support for consoles? Do we get rid off all the ever changing double functions and overlaps of keys, the dynamic wheel wich even keeps changing while you are using it, interacting with an object outside the center of focus, menu fonts too small to read on a 4K screen unless you stick your head in the screen and all the other issues you won't notice when you test only at a desk setup on a small monitor with mouse & keyboard?

Don't forget, console gaming originates in the livingroom, on the cauch, staring at a TV.

I never had too experiance that, since ive always used kbm and always had a desk, so sorry ig? 

On 9/30/2023 at 10:05 AM, OverRannus said:

I think it was for mainly PVP, but I think for PVE they just wanted people to use different types of tame for different purposes and not just a speedy Theri, Spino or Allo. I think they just want people to use the travel mounts that Ark has but no one really uses if they leveled up a super fast battle mount or harvesters

I paid for this speed! These 20 speed points would give me about 35k plus in health, since just after imprinting they have about 17,5k! This is just moronic - just like taking the pods away. It will blow in their faces big time, mark my words.

• Facepalm 1

37 minutes ago, PaleoGamer said:

I paid for this speed! These 20 speed points would give me about 35k plus in health, since just after imprinting they have about 17,5k! This is just moronic - just like taking the pods away. It will blow in their faces big time, mark my words.

They aren’t taking cryopods away, they are releasing them with Extinction. Just like they did in ASE. Why would you think we would get them any sooner?! And for the speed leveling being disabled. It’s probably for the better, lots of levels are wasted on getting speed higher, if you put 20 in. You already used a quarter of them on just speed. For a travel mount, that’s good. For a harvester or battle mount, not so good. It just allows more creatures to be used that aren’t really used anymore.

• Like 1

hi all...like..back to 2017 again..but look on the bright side..atleast we all know what we have to do this time around..cause we all been there befor (well some of us old hands)...breeding back then was a time eating beast like 1x i can remember..as for taming it wasn't all that bad tbh..now we have all kinds of multiplers 2x,3x and even a 5x..so im kinda looking forward to going back again..i just want my dino's back again and play this great survivor game we all love..so put your money where your mouth is WC and give us a great game (asa)  thank you.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, DinoGirl08 said:

but look on the bright side..atleast we all know what we have to do this time around..cause we all been there befor

That's the sad thing though, being so experienced with the game means people will advance quick rather than what it was before. I kinda wish I could wipe my memory and learn it all again.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2023 at 12:19 AM, Alha said:

Another Ignorant disrespectful PC player instead of gas lighting say something useful or be quiet and let the adults with serious issues about this game present their issues since you have no problems and you have access to you save files on PC and game runs smoothly for you . You need to stop gas lighting and move on.

Actually, I'm an Xbox player. But nice try sweaty 🤡

12 hours ago, PaleoGamer said:

On 9/30/2023 at 3:05 PM, OverRannus said:

I think it was for mainly PVP, but I think for PVE they just wanted people to use different types of tame for different purposes and not just a speedy Theri, Spino or Allo. I think they just want people to use the travel mounts that Ark has but no one really uses if they leveled up a super fast battle mount or harvesters

It's for the game performance and balance. The "Speed" attribute is a difficult attribute for game developers to work with. It can negatively influence rendering and can cause all kinds of exploits.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Signupnow said:

It's for the game performance and balance. The "Speed" attribute is a difficult attribute for game developers to work with. It can negatively influence rendering and can cause all kinds of exploits.

True, and if you level up to much into speed you get major problems like crashes trying to render and derender areas too fast and major lagging issues and rubberbanding,

On 10/3/2023 at 5:01 PM, TyranntX said:

Personally I'm glad we won't have Cryo-pods right away, means I can relive the genuine ARK experience again along with a few extra layers of problem solving. I get to see the old strategies employed prior to the release of SE, and even some new ones with the added fact that all the voted creatures native to The Island will be roaming about and thus can be used to aid with survival. I get to see new takes on plans using said new creatures, constructing bases in ways that weren't possible in the early days of ARK. this ties in well with the speed nerf, Yeah I'll be leveling speed anyway in unofficial but in single player or if I ever decide to give official a chance in ASA I'll be glad that I have an excuse to tame the smaller mounts.

Please please tell me how anything will change from EA with these new magical animals on the Island.  Base building will be 100% the same. Doed, Anky, Argy no one will have a rhynia early on. Moving large dinos will be a quetz. Nothing has been added to the island that changes the meta of building or logistic of the early game other than some gatherers like the Theri and it isn't even specifically better at one building feature than anything else.   The island we know we are getting as of now will be 100% the same as how it was in EA other than a handful of creatures are are mostly combat oriented.

On 10/3/2023 at 4:14 PM, CosmicSkeleton said:

Unless those people are the game developers you’ve basically made a nonstatement. Let me break down what I said since you apparently missed the point: You aren’t free from someone else’s whims by playing official. The COMPANY also controls whether or not you play. Even more so than a private server owner in fact. Unlike a single individual who plays alongside you the developers and owners of the franchise are more concerned with running their business than they are your personal happiness, and trying to claim unofficial is somehow flawed for being subject to others whims is just silly. A server owner can kick you from a server or shut down that server. A company has the ability to stop you from playing anywhere with anyone else and shut it all down entirely if they deem it lucrative to do so. As they clearly demonstrated last week.

You also seem to have the weird idea that all unofficial servers are crazy boosted or even boosted at all. Some people just want a personal server. 

THE COMPANY also is a stable entity which in good faith has operated there product for 8 years and kept a consistent working system for that time. Private servers come and go and die all the time on top of Admins using there personal judgment and emotions to run servers. This isn't something you deal with as much when your dealing with a company. And by the way the company didn't just randomly shut off the servers one day they gave months and months of notice and as of right now I have that save file so it can still be loaded and played.

And yes MANY unofficial public servers I would say the majority have mods to make the game easier and have boosted rates. Some make the game harder like the Hunted but far more just make the game less of a challenge. People can play how they want but all this is just a fact.

BTW your own argument is Moot because its licensed product and all you are doing is buying the right to use it not to own it (read the TOS) so if the company wants to take unofficial server rentals away they can do this as well and the only thing you can do is run it on a private dedicated.

Edited by Grissom