Community Crunch 375: Introducing Yi Ling

StudioWildcard

So you partnered with Nitrado and did NOTHING for solo players? 

Paying the same amount to host a 10 slot server that only I play costs the same amount for someone who maxes out the 10 slots 24/7. Nitrado states that the server cannot function without 10 slots which seems like a lie….

This update should have been handled in a much different way. You effectively just told the entire playerbase that the game now comes with a forced subscription

Single player IS NOT ARK. If Forges don’t smelt once the game turns off, that’s not Ark.

Whoever is managing this affair should be fired yesterday. You could not have communicated this to the audience in a worse way. You deserve 200% of the backlash now - it is no longer possible for even the diehards to defend you. 

RIP, you should have sold the IP years ago to Microsoft. 

Edited by Voidtoker
  • Like 2

Maybe I'm miss-reading this but, does this mean as a solo peep I'll have to use Nitrado to change my mod INIs around? I always save a copy of my INI so don't have to reset everything up when I restore my computer.

I don't want to have to re-add everything to the game after any restore & if that's what this means it's not gonna help my lack of desire to get the game.

36 minutes ago, Luizza said:

In any further communication about the server saves could you make it clear that people can download the savedata to use in single player or your own server for FREE?

From what I understood Consoles are addicted to Nitrado only there are saves available for consoles.  In single mode, we will rather not dosujemy what has already been described several times on the forum why it is impossible.

Noting a small shortcoming, in my opinion, these 20 sockets are just a pure calculation since this server file will be available to the PC in the ini file.  So you can run it on your home computer.  And the console hmm now you have to pay for the pleasure of playing ASE and that's a lot for a game without support

Wild Card once again shoot them self in the foot

Who in there right mind will rent a server just to keep there stuff?
keep in mind that the official server are very bad they crash often and there is always some problem. 
So now we have to pay for it and have the same bad problems as it where on official?

Hell no.   
Will not buy Survival Ascended.  Wild Card keep showing over and over again that all they care about money and not the costumers/players 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gecko1611 said:

Is it just me, or does it seem like some of the users here want ARK to fail just so their negative outlooks can be proven right? No offense, but if your so sure that ARK will fail, then why don't you just move on and stop trying to look smart by spreading negative comments and criticism every time the ARK creators do something.

I know I'm probably going to get a bunch of facepalm reactions to this, but I'm saying now that, as a lover of the amazing and unique experience ARK has offered, I will stay with ARK for as long as I (or it) live. I will NOT be stuck with all those crappy rip-offs that litter the store.

ARK blends survival, dinosaurs, nature, fantasy, and our imaginations into a combination that no other game has achieved. Let's not forget that Wildcard does still have the potential to deliver what they have promised.

This couldn’t be more off the mark.

People are upset because they love Ark just as much as you do but have no faith whatsoever in Wildcard.

Wildcard released Abberation and failed in two major ways that were easy to avoid. 1) They never tested the Mek against Turrets. So you could destroy someone’s base without the turrets even being activated. Seems like it would be the first thing you’d test right? 
2) Megalosaurus is a must need tame on Abberation but on release they could not lay fertilized eggs to breed.

THAT is who Wildcard is as a Dev. And that’s just 2 out of 100 possible examples I could bring up. Wildcard is so oblivious to their own game that they have always been 10 steps behind people searching for exploits. 

7 hours ago, Gecko1611 said:

Yes it's sad. But (sticking with your analogy) let's hope these "kids" grow up and deliver what they promised. There is still a glimmer of starlight in the black ARK skies, so until it extinguishes, ARK has hope.

For those of you so intent on the "100% certainty" of ARK failing, then what are you doing on this website? 🤷‍♂️

The people complaining may love the game as much or more so than you do, this isn’t an echo chamber for fan boys who get the vapors every time someone voices a negative opinion 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Gecko1611 said:

Seriously guys, please stop focusing so much on the negative. I really love the concept and idea of ARK. A survival game with dinosaurs has never been done (unless you count the pathetic ARK rip-offs). Perhaps its due to less/no competition that some of the choices made by the creators and publishers aren't quite as thought out.

Yes, they modifications made the new creatures is a little disappointing. Yes, the publishers cheated and hacked on their own servers. Yes, some choices Wildcard makes are affecting the future of ARK.

But at the end of the day, if you really love the world of dinosaurs, nature, fantasy, and the unique experience ARK has to offer, you'll stick with it and endure along with it for as long as you can.

Let's just focus on the positive and enjoy this unique and spectacular world as much as we can. Until the owner outright send ARK into the stars of ascension, I, and hopefully you, will stay with it.

We survived the ARKs, and we can survive this as well.

tgeckog3.png.82b8554c7c51396109121c652722532d.png

Seriously u are asking all of ark fans to be positive, when there is not a single positive thing about whats happening with ark. We need to help them make the right decisions for the future of ark and WC and u asking us to happilly accept?. A survival dinosaur game never been done, and thats why we are trying to say to WC that they are in fact doing the worst possible move in their history. Sometimes we need to guide someone to the right path, but they simple ignore all of our experiences with other companys. They complete ignore our opinions, they don’t give a damn about the horrified state ark is, they are loosing fans every day, and they seems to don’t care either of that. This game in early stages was amazing until they decided to put tek tier in their game, and if u look at actual things in game and where is leading to, u will ended with a survival dinasaur game with tank/ mechs (we already have this ones) in the dinasaur place. This ab creature is very different of the actual people voted to, in fact if u put a pic of this dino along side a pic of dodo u will see no difference between the two of them, with one of them is way bigger then a dodo. If they make a mistake is our job to help them to make the best way course to solve the issue. Tell me in one month we haven’t seen a actual ASA gameplay and u agreed with this nonsense? No comparisons between the ASE to ASA and u agreed with this? A 90 tribe members were perma ban from enjoying the game bc they attacked a tribe that is snail games employees and u agreed with this? A tribe that ask items to build their bases without farming for them and u agreed with this? U agreed when we saw a bug or a tribe who is dupping or ddos servers to their own advantage and we submit a ticket and we got nothing from them? Do u agreed when we need help to unstuck a dino or character and we got nothing? And we have to ask others player to help with this? (This has happened to me and to my dinos in a case of tuso) And i could put more things that need to be adressed to. This is my opinion and i respect yours, but at this stage i see one of my favorite games being ruin by bad decisions and being ignore by the dev.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Voidtoker said:

So you partnered with Nitrado and did NOTHING for solo players? 

Paying the same amount to host a 10 slot server that only I play costs the same amount for someone who maxes out the 10 slots 24/7. Nitrado states that the server cannot function without 10 slots which seems like a lie….

This update should have been handled in a much different way. You effectively just told the entire playerbase that the game now comes with a forced subscription

Single player IS NOT ARK. If Forges don’t smelt once the game turns off, that’s not Ark.

Whoever is managing this affair should be fired yesterday. You could not have communicated this to the audience in a worse way. You deserve 200% of the backlash now - it is no longer possible for even the diehards to defend you. 

RIP, you should have sold the IP years ago to Microsoft. 

Say what now? I only play solo so please tell me I'm reading this wrong & I'm not gonna be forced to buy a server just to play ASA by myself?

asking for console friends: would you be so kind to release console server binaries for self-hosting? I know this is partially possible for xbox/MS store players if they have a license on Microsoft store (game pass too?). I bet for console players it isn't possible to import to local/solo I guess...

Edited by darkradeon

Well, I have everything in a single map but I also wanted to download several other maps and see what other people have hahahahaha, I hope I can make several copies. I already prepared my super base in Lost Island on my PC to later transfer everything there, when I have my data and save it as a memory. Then to play in ASA with the closure of the servers confirmed for next month and it won't be long before they release ASA and I can return to my addiction calmly, because the truth was there was no point in playing when you knew that everything was going to end in a few months and I was very bored 😒.

• Facepalm 1

I am working to a very interisting animal for valguero, i would like it to not be changed except for improvement in the original design, as most people want.

You have time for changing the design for the yi ling (the name is ok) so i think you won't dissapoint me and other, please change the design making it better, for example more feathery and big wings, leg similar to the eagle legs, claws with design very similar to the  hawk claws and a beak short and less terror bird like, more similar to a owl beak.

I really hope my comment will inspire your change and i already thanks you just for reading it😊

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sider said:

Lol Wild Card, the worst making decision team ever. First, shutting down official servers, now partnering with Nitrado, the worst game servers ever hahahaha ByeBye WildCard, you got all, and you gonna lose all.

actual official already runs upon nitrado so official of ASA running on nitrado too wasn't a big suprise. the real shame is the exclusivity for gaming hosting, nuking g-portal as well many other smaller independent gaming hosting services that are cheaper and more mods & support friendly than nitrado.

Also it's a double shame since those companies are far, far, far.. far more involved on what made ARK a great game across communities and modding scene since those companies actually were multiple times the real and only funders for modding, streaming and unofficial communities in general, as well they were involved with sponsoring and partnership on those maps that become free DLCs.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Noffek said:

From what I understood Consoles are addicted to Nitrado only there are saves available for consoles.  In single mode, we will rather not dosujemy what has already been described several times on the forum why it is impossible.

Noting a small shortcoming, in my opinion, these 20 sockets are just a pure calculation since this server file will be available to the PC in the ini file.  So you can run it on your home computer.  And the console hmm now you have to pay for the pleasure of playing ASE and that's a lot for a game without support

for xbox / microsoft store, you can actually start an dedicated server from the microsoft store version.

40 minutes ago, darkradeon said:

actual official already runs upon nitrado so official of ASA running on nitrado too wasn't a big suprise. the real shame is the exclusivity for gaming hosting, nuking g-portal as well many other smaller independent gaming hosting services that are cheaper and more mods & support friendly than nitrado.

Also it's a double shame since those companies are far, far, far.. far more involved on what made ARK a great game across communities and modding scene since those companies actually were multiple times the real and only funders for modding, streaming and unofficial communities in general, as well they were involved with sponsoring and partnership on those maps that become free DLCs.

Dont think it was all WC's fault SG's got an unsecured loan of over 4million from nitrado of which 1 mill covered the last rent bill - and in doing so nitrado got themselves a sweet exclusive deal to host asa / ark for the foreseeable future.

SG's is deep poop financially so they literally HAVE to make asa work, going as far as launching it as (yet again) EA so that has WC butt covered when half if not more of the ue5 assets, QOL and other improvements are MISSING when / if it goes live in oct, its going to be a mess and not a pleasant one again .. only the island too.

• Like 2

I like that we will be able to save soon. But my one character belongs to 5 maps. I am a solo player. So does this mean I have to pick 1 map to save. My other 4 maps will not be saved. Be lost forever. Because that really really sucks. I have had these bases for years. Some 4 years or longer. Boooo on this…

Edited by bluewizard
  • Like 1