Community Crunch 375: Introducing Yi Ling

StudioWildcard

Wildcard,

Thank you all for the love and support that you have put into this game and into your community. I as well as many others appreciate all that the team puts forward! Special thanks this weeks crunch and providing a little more behind the scenes on what is in the works! Keep it up! I look forward (as always) to next weeks community crunch!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 3

Seriously guys, please stop focusing so much on the negative. I really love the concept and idea of ARK. A survival game with dinosaurs has never been done (unless you count the pathetic ARK rip-offs). Perhaps its due to less/no competition that some of the choices made by the creators and publishers aren't quite as thought out.

Yes, they modifications made the new creatures is a little disappointing. Yes, the publishers cheated and hacked on their own servers. Yes, some choices Wildcard makes are affecting the future of ARK.

But at the end of the day, if you really love the world of dinosaurs, nature, fantasy, and the unique experience ARK has to offer, you'll stick with it and endure along with it for as long as you can.

Let's just focus on the positive and enjoy this unique and spectacular world as much as we can. Until the owner outright send ARK into the stars of ascension, I, and hopefully you, will stay with it.

We survived the ARKs, and we can survive this as well.

tgeckog3.png.82b8554c7c51396109121c652722532d.png

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 5

10 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Aaaaand, Que the complaining... It's like clockwork with these "Not Adults" (can't call them "kids" because that's "hurtful" despite it being fact)

I assume u havent read SG financial report then? nitrado gave SG the 4 mil on an unsecured loan ... which it seems rather obvious had the added bonus of them been the exclusive server hosts for asa - also no comment on the early access asa we are going to be getting or the LACK of anything new been shown to us? 

Not complaining just pointing out facts since lieing on the financial reports is illegal :D

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Aaaaand, Que the complaining... It's like clockwork with these "Not Adults" (can't call them "kids" because that's "hurtful" despite it being fact)

Is it complaining when there are legitimate concerns about a company’s decision that adversely affects their customer base?  Where I come from we call that holding accountability to those people.  Personally I really don’t want my personal information sold to the highest bidder because I want to play a version of a game I love.  Due to the puppeteer that is working the strings of WC complaints won’t do much but maybe us showing SG we know their full of it by complaining and catching them with their pants down, maybe just maybe it might help things to be a little better.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hellix said:

Not too invested in the voting this round (still disappointed with the ab pick 😕), but it's nice to see there's a decent amount of water/ocean tames this time around.

I really think the Maevia Eureka would've been a better choice for Abberation. Aberration is arguably the most unique map and I was hoping to see something a little more fitting for the Broken ARK.

Yi Ling is a tiny bit more interesting than it seemed when first announced. I'll try to enjoy it as much as I can. Let's just hope and pray that we get better luck in the future. I'd hate to be giving y'all false hope, but while there is still hope, we gotta hold onto it.

We'll just have to wait and see...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Yes it's sad. But (sticking with your analogy) let's hope these "kids" grow up and deliver what they promised. There is still a glimmer of starlight in the black ARK skies, so until it extinguishes, ARK has hope.

For those of you so intent on the "100% certainty" of ARK failing, then what are you doing on this website? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Gecko1611
  • Like 1

Is it just me, or does it seem like some of the users here want ARK to fail just so their negative outlooks can be proven right? No offense, but if your so sure that ARK will fail, then why don't you just move on and stop trying to look smart by spreading negative comments and criticism every time the ARK creators do something.

I know I'm probably going to get a bunch of facepalm reactions to this, but I'm saying now that, as a lover of the amazing and unique experience ARK has offered, I will stay with ARK for as long as I (or it) live. I will NOT be stuck with all those crappy rip-offs that litter the store.

ARK blends survival, dinosaurs, nature, fantasy, and our imaginations into a combination that no other game has achieved. Let's not forget that Wildcard does still have the potential to deliver what they have promised.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gecko1611 said:

Seriously guys, please stop focusing so much on the negative. I really love the concept and idea of ARK. A survival game with dinosaurs has never been done (unless you count the pathetic ARK rip-offs). Perhaps its due to less/no competition that some of the choices made by the creators and publishers aren't quite as thought out.

Yes, they modifications made the new creatures is a little disappointing. Yes, the publishers cheated and hacked on their own servers. Yes, some choices Wildcard makes are affecting the future of ARK.

But at the end of the day, if you really love the world of dinosaurs, nature, fantasy, and the unique experience ARK has to offer, you'll stick with it and endure along with it for as long as you can.

Let's just focus on the positive and enjoy this unique and spectacular world as much as we can. Until the owner outright send ARK into the stars of ascension, I, and hopefully you, will stay with it.

We survived the ARKs, and we can survive this as well.

tgeckog3.png.82b8554c7c51396109121c652722532d.png

I’ll give you that, there is no other game like Ark out there.  With every decision that SG makes it does send this game closer and closer to ascension without a respawn.  It isn’t WC, it’s SG.  When you have a publisher that is connected with cheating, unjust bans and trying to blackmail their own game developers none of us should be standing for that.  The question is not whether we survive this, it’s whether Ark itself can survive?  Honestly with all the stupid decisions and bad publicity, I’m starting to have my doubts.  Also if the game was actually developed and coded right the first time and throughout the years it would be easier to focus on the positive and enjoy the game.  The best thing that could happen right now (and it never will), is that new publisher comes in and gives SG an offer they can’t refuse, just my personal opinion.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Gecko1611 said:

Is it just me, or does it seem like some of the users here want ARK to fail just so their negative outlooks can be proven right? No offense, but if your so sure that ARK will fail, then why don't you just move on and stop trying to look smart by spreading negative comments and criticism every time the ARK creators do something.

I know I'm probably going to get a bunch of facepalm reactions to this, but I'm saying now that, as a lover of the amazing and unique experience ARK has offered, I will stay with ARK for as long as I (or it) live. I will NOT be stuck with all those crappy rip-offs that litter the store.

ARK blends survival, dinosaurs, nature, fantasy, and our imaginations into a combination that no other game has achieved. Let's not forget that Wildcard does still have the potential to deliver what they have promised.

We love Ark, we can't leave this game because we are addicted to it.
That's why we criticize the bad decisions of people who destroy this beautiful adventure..

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Gecko1611 said:

we all know what wildcard can deliver its whether or not they DO deliver .. .for instance keeping to deadlines they have wriggled their way around asa by launching it AGAIN in early access so expect bugs / and lack of assets / improvements promised etc etc.

Their publisher SG is in DEEP poop financially so has borrowed money off nitrado in which nitrado got exclusive rights to host asa for the foreseeable future (so much for an unsecured loan huh) 

Thats just the tip of the iceberg too i have over 9k hours on official the game is ending yes im sad and a bit annoyed that they are charging me AGAIN after i have bought 3 copies most at full price too (pc version) but thats the nature of games it will free my time up considerably because i am NOT touching ASA.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gecko1611 said:

You're entitled to see criticism that way. And there is, certainly, some criticism that is fully toxic.
But, speaking for me and noone else (they can also reply to you if my answer doesn't fit their thought process), I also think there is a way to be critical of issues in hopes they are CORRECTED.

When I point out issues that I can't just overlook, I point them out where WildCard can see them (whether they really see this feedback is another question, and whether they care about that feedback another one too). So for instance I hope that when I say "it looks like people on official can only save one map/base", WildCard clarifies that this is intended or offer options if it is not. Sometimes it's as simple as "yes, we didn't think that people could have several bases on the same cluster, here's how this could work if you want to save other bases on a different map of the official cluster".

That's why I'm not "just moving on". I want this game and this studio to treat us better, and to communicate with us better. And I'm not sure how they would do that if we only said "I'm ride or die, do what you like, I'm here until death, my money is owed to you whatever you do".
Which you are free to feel and say. But that's not how I see things.

18 minutes ago, ccz2887 said:

Is it complaining when there are legitimate concerns about a company’s decision that adversely affects their customer base?  Where I come from we call that holding accountability to those people.  Personally I really don’t want my personal information sold to the highest bidder because I want to play a version of a game I love.  Due to the puppeteer that is working the strings of WC complaints won’t do much but maybe us showing SG we know their full of it by complaining and catching them with their pants down, maybe just maybe it might help things to be a little better.

No one is selling your data, that's just fearmongering invented by trolls to upset people.

Also what version is that? The buggy one that uses an engine that's nearly a decade out of date? Or the one with your unreasonable and unrealistic demands that simply cannot be met for reasons that have ALREADY been explained?

These "Man-Children" have been crying since the announcement of official servers getting unplugged, nothing's changed. They don't care about people who aren't going to buy their product, the only opinions that matter are the people who WILL.

21 minutes ago, Gecko1611 said:

Yes it's sad. But (sticking with your analogy) let's hope these "kids" grow up and deliver what they promised. There is still a glimmer of starlight in the black ARK skies, so until it extinguishes, ARK has hope.

For those of you so intent on the "100% certainty" of ARK failing, then what are you doing on this website? 🤷‍♂️

It's laughable, they keep saying "Oh I'm not going to buy the new game, WC BAD!!!" yet they insist on sticking around as if people care about their constantly disproven opinions. But if WE call them out, we get punished by the mods for "Harassment" while they get away with spreading more misinformation.

14 minutes ago, Gecko1611 said:

Honestly, I think they're doing it to troll at this point. Best just to write them off as such, block them, and move on with your day. I've been playing since early access, so I know this game is great and has a lot more it could offer. It's only limited by the engine it uses, which is why WC intends to update the game to it and give it a total facelift, granting us all sorts of goodies that simply weren't possible on UE4. But do they care? No, they are just upset that now its going to be considerably harder for them to be a jerk in Official servers.

Just ignore the problem makers, they can hit us with all the "face palms" they want, it doesn't make either of us wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

Super curious and keep asking but haven't gotten an answer yet, so I'll ask again: I know there's a "multiple votes will be disqualified " rule...but since Ranked Vote doesn't have us log in or anything, you can just load it up and vote, how does it track that "single vote" vs "multiple "? 

My husband and I both play, we live in the same house and thus have the same IP address which is what he suspects is the only thing left for it to track votes from... have we been canceling each other's votes all along because we both cast a vote? Seriously hoping not, but would really love to know! 

• Thanks 1

WILDCARD PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION- Will the official final saves be usable on single player or non dedicated on consoles this time? Its a question thats been asked repeatedly for months. A simple question that only requires a simple yes or no answer. If yes that would be awesome, if no thats ok, it is what it is. We all understand you cant be expected to answer all questions but its a question thats been plaguing a lot of people since april. Theres a lot of speculation so only an OFFICIAL responce will truly clarify this. Please answer this

• Thanks 2

1: Still feeling mixed about Yi Ling, while it's abilities are a bit cool (wall clinging, guiding, shooting sharp feathers, and a weird diet) I can agree with some for its unusual bird like appearance and not fitting into aberration as a whole.

By way, Yi Qi was changed to Yi Ling because according Dollie herself "because the final result was too far removed from the actual Yi Qi" 

Real life:

Yi qi | Highlights Kids

OG Submission:

ArtStation - Yi qi, ARK: Survival Ascended's Aberration creature contest  winner

Now:

Community Crunch 373: Yi Ling Concept Art, Creature Submissions, and More!  - ARK News - ARK - Official Community Forums

I honestly think that Yi Qi original submission appearance did not bear a resemblance to the Yi Qi itself, it looked more like a dragon-bat at that time

I guess change can happen at times 

2: I don't know about Nitrado, I know a lot of people are not likening this choice of severs but I don't have an opinion right now since I know little about Nitrado

Lets just see how things go when ASA and the Yi Ling release 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

I just noticed that the Yi Ling looks a little bit like Astrid's dragon from how to train your dragon. Also, I'd also like to know if we're still going to be able to take our bases and creatures to single player. I can't host a server of my own, but I also don't want to loose my progress if it's possible.

Edited by Vixhanna

now be honest wildcard/SNAIL, you didn't enter into a partnership, you ran out of money and had to get a loan from Marbis GmbH (Nitrado parent company) because you haven't paid server rent in several months.  how long are you going to be able to keep going sucking on SNAILS teet before they bleed you dry and dump ya'll off to the side?

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1886894/000149315223026297/ex10-1.htm

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TyranntX said:

No one is selling your data, that's just fearmongering invented by trolls to upset people.

Also what version is that? The buggy one that uses an engine that's nearly a decade out of date? Or the one with your unreasonable and unrealistic demands that simply cannot be met for reasons that have ALREADY been explained?

These "Man-Children" have been crying since the announcement of official servers getting unplugged, nothing's changed. They don't care about people who aren't going to buy their product, the only opinions that matter are the people who WILL.

It's laughable, they keep saying "Oh I'm not going to buy the new game, WC BAD!!!" yet they insist on sticking around as if people care about their constantly disproven opinions. But if WE call them out, we get punished by the mods for "Harassment" while they get away with spreading more misinformation.

Honestly, I think they're doing it to troll at this point. Best just to write them off as such, block them, and move on with your day. I've been playing since early access, so I know this game is great and has a lot more it could offer. It's only limited by the engine it uses, which is why WC intends to update the game to it and give it a total facelift, granting us all sorts of goodies that simply weren't possible on UE4. But do they care? No, they are just upset that now its going to be considerably harder for them to be a jerk in Official servers.

Just ignore the problem makers, they can hit us with all the "face palms" they want, it doesn't make either of us wrong.

opinions versus opinions versus truth yet you still havent commented or acknowledged the truth over the Snail 'problems' that have been published the past few days / weeks 

And congrats with been in the game since EA same as me and that means nothing .... some bugs are STILL around dont even try to deny it either deadlines are shaky at best and now ASA is launching as ANOTHER EA game ....... come on man smell the coffee something has to give and people / consumers will, are and have complained, and tbh they will either move on or stick around to hopefully see something change for the BETTER not worse :( (ps im one of those btw)

Having an opinion others do not not like is just life in general.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"On Wednesday, we’ll be providing access to your PC saves and you’ll also be able to directly rent a server from Nitrado who can host your PC or console saves. 
Nitrado servers using the Official Save games are now available for pre-order here.
Pre-order your server today and save an additional 20% discount using promo code: SAVEYOURARK
You’ll be able to:
Access to all official save games for all platforms – PC, PlayStation, and Xbox.
Easily import the save game with one click using the web interface.
Have access to a comprehensive guide and FAQs telling you everything you need to know about hosting servers.
For more information, please visit this page."

If I am to understand, the console save in single player mode will be unavailable, but to download the save file for PS or XBOX consoles we will have to pay dearly.

"Nitrado servers using the Official Save games are now available for pre-order"

here is what WC/Nitrado offers us:
"ARK Survival Evolved Official Save Game Server mieten"  20 SLOTS €19.29 30 Tage Subscription
In this case, the minimum number of slots is 20, no option for 10 slots. 
"Create your own configuration.
Choose slots & term dynamically. Configure your own server!
20-100 slots 3 - 365 days term"

And now the standard server: "ARK SERVER MIETEN" 10 SLOTS €12.39 30 Tage Subscription

For comparison, the G-portal offers 10 Sockets for the price of € 11.00 and the current promotion of € 8.80 30 Tage Subscription

I will add that there is a small catch:
"Importing official ARK: SE saves is only possible on ARK: Survival Evolved Official Save Game servers and is not supported on regular ARK: SE servers."

So we can say goodbye to saving a given map in SP mode in the case of consoles.

This is no longer an interesting option for family teams and will not leave much choice but to leave ARK permanently. We have to rent as many as 20 slots for less than 20 Euro to use the game save on the console. Where the PC can simply host the game itself and download the .ini file

Renting a server together does not make sense, not everyone approves of setting their own options or conversion factors. As previously mentioned, the host would be forced to rent slots on his own server for a fee to relieve server funding. It won't work in many cases.

And I won't say that I'm happy with transferring everything to one server or renting two: "ARK Survival Evolved Official Save Game Server mieten" for 40 euros to play with my wife on your favorite maps or to easily transfer entire bases using exoMek. With 12 active servers including characters recreated after the loss of this engram, and moving those bases will traditionally take ages. At least they would unlock all the engrams because in the end what they care about anyway these servers will be turned off. And if someone decides to rent such a server with dedicated records for consoles, he will introduce the procedure of unlocking everything anyway, so it's no difference for them and a huge help for the players. But we know WC/SG and we know they won't, but I'd be surprised if they did.

THE MORE I DON'T BUY This ASA

Edited by Noffek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2