Community Crunch 374: The Center Creature Submissions, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

On 8/12/2023 at 4:57 AM, MalarOpossum867 said:

I hope that this creature for The Center does not have feathers. Ragnarok got a feathered creature, Aberration got a feathered creature, if The Center gets a bird, then I am NOT getting the UE5 ARK. It will have too many fliers. I mean, fliers are a good thing, but only those that can regenerate stamina while not moving, but still flying.

Neither the yi ling, nor the gigantoraptor are fliers…

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, DragonKing7 said:

Oh boy I am very scared.

It really is funny how people are so quick to get upset at folk’s very reasonable critique ain’t it? You’d think they designed the thing themselves with how much they fail to see what people’s issue is. I mean really, most of the creature submissions look at least close to the vision of the artist or submitter, even rhynio as radical from its fan submission art is to its actual design is at least captured the intended spirit. Yi meanwhile is a joke by comparison. To put it in monster hunter terms people voted for seregios or Yian garuga and got a gargwa instead.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

It really is funny how people are so quick to get upset at folk’s very reasonable critique ain’t it? You’d think they designed the thing themselves with how much they fail to see what people’s issue is. I mean really, most of the creature submissions look at least close to the vision of the artist or submitter, even rhynio as radical from its fan submission art is to its actual design is at least captured the intended spirit. Yi meanwhile is a joke by comparison. To put it in monster hunter terms people voted for seregios or Yian garuga and got a gargwa instead.

It is quite annoying how easily people get defensive. Wildcard even changed the name for the Yi Qi. I don't see how Wildcard will be able to keep any of the Yi Qi's abilities the same.  

On 8/11/2023 at 11:10 PM, Dilophospinus said:

what they mean is wildcards design for it has strayed super far from the original design  and not in a good way like the Fasalo or the Rhynio. this is my opinion but i think they should redo the design for it.

I respect your opinion and is nice to see the opinion of other people being done in a respectfully way, i thank you for that. I only saw the promo picture of this creature i don't know how he will looks like in the end or his abilities, however the complaining of the people doesn't make sense. One of the things they stated in the submitions is that the creature may change from his original concept. I may be wrong but what i understand from that, is that it will be added in a way that work better on the game, they making the creature 100% identical or almost identical, or at least with several aspects the comunity suggested for it ir a bonus! The maim core of the votes is for the players to have a creature they like but is not on the game yet added, and the suggestion for the abilities and behaviour are inspiration for the developers. Everybody who voted for Yi Ling knew this, because of that, complaining about this doesn't make sense, if the creature change for better of for worse, it was stated that it could be changed, so it doesn't make sense.

Also some of the aspects suggested in creature submissions would not work well on the game, and some of them would work better for situations especifically or in another creatures. What i'm saying, i'm saying with respect, but the majority of the players are not professional in the subject, they have to understand that! (And there is no problem in this). And the game is something serious they cannot make 100% fan service, it has to be something that work well in a professional game, with the game type, mechanics and alot of other things to considerate that needs to be funtional or balanced properly in a game.

They have the right to say if they like it or not but complaining about this doesn't make sense because of that, don't you agree?

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Hermes1111 said:

And the game is something serious they cannot make 100% fan service, it has to be something that work well in a professional game, with the game type, mechanics and alot of other things to considerate that needs to be funtional or balanced properly in a game.

It's a community-submitted, community-voted creature... if THAT is not a form of fanservice, then the word has lost all meaning.

To be clear, people are responding to the visuals of the creature. As far as I know we haven't heard what precise set of abilities will be retained. So the wonky wing and/or the Terror Bird look are the issue most people have been bringing up with the design ; not gameplay mechanics, balance or anything like that :)
My personal theory is that we haven't seen the dossier yet because they might be working on redesigning it a bit after getting feedback. At least they will if they haven't completely lost their minds. I vaguely remember that it has happened before, someone refresh my memory, what creature was it for ?

2 hours ago, DragonKing7 said:

It is quite annoying how easily people get defensive. Wildcard even changed the name for the Yi Qi. I don't see how Wildcard will be able to keep any of the Yi Qi's abilities the same.  

That's a big question of mine since the submission stage. It's supposed to eviscerate creatures... but [at least in ASE] we barely have blood, and zero viscera in this game. Not sure how that is supposed to materialize.

Speaking of submissions, those for The Center have been closed and archived, but I don't see a link on Twitter yet for the ranking. Anyone knows if it's been posted elsewhere ?

Edited by ladyteruki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12.08.2023 at 02:25, Rebelweasel said:

Czy ktoś może potwierdzić, czy gra międzyplatformowa między konsolami a PC obejmuje graczy Epic?

when it comes to Ark:Survival Evolved + dlc, steam and Epic players can play together on PC servers.

PS4, Xbox etc. with PC no.

or A:SA, I don't know. I'm not buying that reheated pork chop from them.

I doubt if they will keep even one of their promises. With ARK 2 ever be released..

10 hours ago, DragonKing7 said:

Spitballing ideas here but if they still let it have bleed they’ll probably turn it into an overgrown secretary bird with a bleed kick since it’s tail isn’t long enough to launch quills.

• Haha 1

If you guys truly want people engaged with the vote. How about you create a link to the actual vote. A simple click here to vote. I just had to dig around and eventually had to just go through a youtubers link.

This is precisely how ark has been through its lifetime. Great idea but implementation is bad.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, TheMoschopsGuy said:

Yeah,honestly i think there should be at least one another creature for The Center,considering that it's the only map without an exclusive creature

Honestly, the Hermit crab and the lobster both would be great, if they do it like other maps and add 3 though it seems like the nothosaurus would be a nice addition too.

• Thanks 1

I'm reporting here too because today I feel "annoying"

Interesting to note that the "Community Crounch" are so interesting that....we are still responding to the previous week's CC (..well...not that there is anything new for us to answer....and I repeat: from our part; if we talk "from WC" ohhhhhh better not open the list !!!)

Edited by CervantesMor
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1