Community Crunch 371: Introducing Gigantoraptor!

StudioWildcard

45 minutes ago, Alysson said:

So what, that's a gigantic maewing, that's it?

I guess that's your alternative for not having genesis2 for a long time (so no maewings to nurse babies), right?

Yeah... I feel that some people are excited but don't realize everyone became spoiled by new features and they are about to turn in QoL for better graphics...

You do realize it has some vastly different abilities to the meawing, it's not just a clone. In fact using this in combination 3itg the meawing would make raising baby dinos a peice of cake.

• Thanks 2

Soo... Another Community Crunch with less 'crunch' than a stale cracker!

We want to see game footage, release updates, price drops?, game pass?. We don't need to see renders of stone tools, wooden houses and trees.

At least give us details about any of the QOL updates we can expect.

Lastly, I again ask if you can open element or tribute transfers for the rest of the time on ASE.

Thank you and good night.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Alysson said:

So what, that's a gigantic maewing, that's it?

I guess that's your alternative for not having genesis2 for a long time (so no maewings to nurse babies), right?

Yeah... I feel that some people are excited but don't realize everyone became spoiled by new features and they are about to turn in QoL for better graphics...

Not really, the Maewing serves more as a living feeding trough for babies as well as stealing babies from enemy tribes. The Gigantoraptor, based on its dossier, seems to work similar to the s+ Nanny as well as maybe taming wild Dino babies.

• Thanks 2

Who cares about wild babies? Once people start breeding a particular species and chase mutes they only use best stat breeding adults. The wild babies will be obsolete in the first 2 weeks and just ruin spawn rates. Dumbest idea ever. But i get it, wildcard know how easily some people are distracted. 'Look over here, new shiny thing, dont worry about the thousands of hours of peoples hard work we're about to erase'

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 3

Farmed chicken haha, a creature for players who can't imprint 100%.  So far it hasn't been needed and I believe it still hurts the arks more than it helps.  They'll stuff the meat in Maerwig put the Bearded Chicken and they'll wait until the dinosaurs are ready haha.  Where is the fun of making imprinting and breeding?  And for PvP, it can turn out to be a bulky and troublesome dinosaur.  (PvP is not my style, it's just a guess) That's why I took PVE so I could breed these dinosaurs and not use boosters.  The game loses its meaning to me at this point with a chicken like that.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 6

6 hours ago, Alysson said:

Welcome to the way 70% of people here feel for some months now. Most people I know play on pc so they are just waiting to grab the save files and say goodbye to all this... Yes it's sad for players that supported it for years and it's disrespectful that some people still buy it without a warning or clue of what is going to happen.

70% ? The people playing on official are the minority of Ark players. Most play on unofficial. And ASE will still be able to be played when ASA releases, just not on official. Btw you wont lose as much, as the files can be downloaded and be played on singleplayer or unofficial after that. Btw.. because many people overlook it: ASA will not just be ASE with better graphics, it will have many new features and QoL as well. 

• Facepalm 7

25 minutes ago, Bballer01 said:

Btw you wont lose as much, as the files can be downloaded and be played on singleplayer or unofficial after that. Btw.. because many people overlook it: ASA will not just be ASE with better graphics, it will have many new features and QoL as well. 

Read this in context with the comment quoted: It was about PS4. The save files can not be used on PS4 solo as it is now unless there will be options developped for this that Wildcard is not telling us.

Edit: Also, for this group of people ASA no option. It's not overlooked, it's just not going to happen for them.

Edited by MMaas
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, MMaas said:

Read this in context with the comment quoted: It was about PS4. The save files can not be used on PS4 solo as it is now unless there will be options developped for this that Wildcard is not telling us.

Edit: Also, for this group of people ASA no option. It's not overlooked, it's just not going to happen for them.

You are right, it was about PS4. But what I meant at the end is that many people forget or dont know that ASA is said to be including new features and QoL and that its not just going to be ASE with better graphics. Thats what I meant with overlooked.

2 hours ago, Noffek said:

Farmed chicken haha, a creature for players who can't imprint 100%.  So far it hasn't been needed and I believe it still hurts the arks more than it helps.  They'll stuff the meat in Maerwig put the Bearded Chicken and they'll wait until the dinosaurs are ready haha.  Where is the fun of making imprinting and breeding?  And for PvP, it can turn out to be a bulky and troublesome dinosaur.  (PvP is not my style, it's just a guess) That's why I took PVE so I could breed these dinosaurs and not use boosters.  The game loses its meaning to me at this point with a chicken like that.

well good for you, we're losing ALL our quality of life features with asa! no cryopods, no maewing, no incubator! You'd better be fine with 3-4 large groups taking over any given server and slotcapping the dinos from keeping them out all the time, and making some areas crashfests with bases that explode your computer once you try to gaze upon them.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bballer01 said:

You are right, it was about PS4. But what I meant at the end is that many people forget or dont know that ASA is said to be including new features and QoL and that its not just going to be ASE with better graphics. Thats what I meant with overlooked.

okay but they haven't really gone in depth about what that qol IS. what we do know is what we're losing by them not including the dinos and tech from the maps not being available from day 1. So unless they're going to shove maewings, incubators,cryos, netguns,gas-powered birds, and a slew of other factors in or add structures that replicate their functions, we're at a net neg on qol.

NOW. if they want to look at other survival games and give us better/quicker looting and language support, building skins/make vanilla structures easy to staple skins onto via mods and not have to add more bloat in the build menu, add more accessibility features for various blindness and color blindness features, add more hotkey setups for gamma settings, let us do weird industrial/automatic electrical features without it being locked behind tek, make building less painful/can build multiple tiles at once. In short, look at those other survival games and their quality of life features and steal them outright... great! i'll be really happy!

But they need to TELL us they're doing it and SHOW us they're working on it.

like, i'm not going to believe they're working on something until i see screenshots of in-game landscapes with the stuff placed down on the map. show me that good new water, show me that better lighting, show me all this work they've supposedly done on the island. If this thing is meant to drop a few months from now, they should at least have SOME of the basic features baked in and working. You know what makes me have less confidence? showing good renders of assets that have been just scaled up and not in the environment. Because that's the last part you work on, and them flashing that in front of us is like dangling keys in front of a toddler.

Like I get it, the island might be bugging out REAL HARD with the lighting in some places, or some of the physics might be going sideways, the best thing they can do is pull a coffee stain studios and TELL US where the problems have been. Right now they're doing like what i did in the ancient times of being a teenager and a group of people expected something from me, but i couldn't admit that i was in over my head. I'd just go "OH UM. IT'S. HERE'S AN IN-PROGRESS THING, YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE THE REST OF IT WHEN IT'S READY? WHEN? OH.... SOON."

However I never made anyone have to commit to my mistakes by slapping their old projects out of their hands and demanding they use the new version. Oh sorry, slap the old projects out of their hands and swear i'd take pictures so they could re-create those projects again at home. possibly. if i ever figured out how to make the camera work. Look over here, aren't these keys sure shiny?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

I don't intend to play never again on official for sure after ASE shutdown, however 4 friendly suggestions:

- Don't allow again 500 tames out of pod per tribe in official PVE. Even 300 limit of PVP is already insane. 500 tames means insane breeding, getting overkilling dinos and etc. Getting overkilling loot and especially dinos in official PVE ruins the fun. This also hurts a lot server performance and causes lag.

- Limit the number of level breeding level points per stats. This is related to first suggestion, 255 base level points (actually 253/254 since 255 blocks XP level ups) allow insane stats. Limit it to 127 (126/125 with same mechanics I guess), or even lower.

- Use a better level distributions for wild dinos: on storyline maps it's terrible and gives a lot of low level creatures.

- Review both char and dinos XPs level up curves. Getting the last 15 level ups on dinos is really hard on 1x, getting any level after 130 for char becomes insane and translates on baby kill parties on EVOs.

PS: could you guys PLEASE give console players any info about hosting themselves the Official  saves? I know - at least on Xbox/Windows Store versions it is possible even to hosts themselves such saves using the local host menu from Windows Store version (not sure if getting write/read ownership of installation paths allows manual ini edit too).

Edited by darkradeon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Noffek said:

Maewing and incubator did increase the number of ugly breedingbunkers on official. Bulkbreeding for idiots did not realy improve the game while it did put a heavy load on servers.
I can see some of the uses being fun but I realy hope they overhaul the tame limits in a way that the total number is high enough but bulk breeding is limited. On PvP this will sort it self with raids but for PvE there is no need for having 500 of one type.

I know, the farmville ARKers will disagree... "But we need numbers for funny colours and mutations..."

57 minutes ago, basilmemories said:

well good for you, we're losing ALL our quality of life features with asa! no cryopods, no maewing, no incubator! You'd better be fine with 3-4 large groups taking over any given server and slotcapping the dinos from keeping them out all the time, and making some areas crashfests with bases that explode your computer once you try to gaze upon them.

To prevent that tame limits need to be adjusted. Not so much the total number but more the specific types numbers. Like Gacha's don't tolerate a same sex in their vicinity a same system could be worked out to preven bulk breeders.