Community Crunch 371: Introducing Gigantoraptor!

StudioWildcard

welcome_crunch2023-1.png

Meet the queen of helicopter parenting! She's the mother hen of the prehistoric world, fiercely protecting her little ones with a love that's larger than life. We can't wait to see the community creature vote winner, Gigantoraptor, roaming the vast expanse of Ragnarok!

Speaking of new creatures, there are still a few days left to submit your vote for the next addition to Aberration!

ASA_IntroducingGigantoraptor.png

ASA_Dossier_Gigantoraptor_2560x1440.jpg

Download in full resolution

ASA_Gigantoraptor.png

Species: Gigantoraptor nutritor
Time: Late Cretaceous
Diet: Omnivore
Temperament: Territorial

wild_green.png

Unless you’re planning to raid its nest, you shouldn’t let this creature’s imposing size worry you. Gigantoraptor may be fiercely protective of its brood, but it’s much more of a caregiver than a fighter.

Don’t get me wrong -- this theropod will use its sharp claws and surprising speed to defend its young when threatened. But Gigantoraptor has a soft heart for young ones -- it’ll even take in the orphaned babies of rival species.

domesticated_green.png

Now for the bad news: to my knowledge, no one’s been able to figure out how to tame an adult Gigantoraptor – its unique disposition seems resistant to behavioral conditioning. However, Survivors bolder than me were able to sneak into nests to win the trust of their young, and they claim that reward is well worth the risk.

Once matured to adulthood, your tamed Gigantoraptor will happily look after any of your tribe’s young creatures, nurturing them and teaching them how to fight. It can even use its call to help you find orphaned baby animals out in the wild. If you bring those orphans home, then your Gigantoraptor will happily add them to its brood.

Gigantoraptor forms an inseparable bond with its young charges. Bring them into a fight together and they will defend each other, and your tribe, far more effectively than when apart.

Community_creature_vote.png

CommunityVote_Aberration2.png

The competition is reaching its boiling point as we near the end of the Community Creature Vote. Soon, we'll know which entry will emerge victorious! You still have the weekend to vote for which creature will be added to Aberration for ARK: Survival Ascended
The second round of voting ends on July 24th at 4 PM Pacific.

The winner* will be announced in the Crunch Friday, July 28th, 2023.

GUIDELINES.png

• Rank the creatures in order of most preferred to least preferred
  • The vote is limited to 1 submission per person (duplicate entries will be discarded)

finalists.png

Below are the candidates that have made it into the final 10. Find out more information about the creature by clicking on the hyperlink attached to the name.

Overview of all the finalists here.

* Note that once the winner has been determined, we'll be reading through these threads and using them as inspiration for how the creature will be designed; aspects suggested may change.

Submit Your Vote

evoeventblue.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving an EVO Event! It will be active until Monday, July 24th.
All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates.

Official Servers: 2x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
Conquest: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon

COMMUNITY_CORNER.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot Gallery | Artist Feedback Form

com run event.png

F02TJoMWcAE9_G8.jpg

Don't miss out on the challenges and laughter of the ongoing DEDsafio ARK. This amazing event showcases more than 70 Hispanic content creators, including both new and experienced ones, who are competing in a series of exciting challenges and tests in ARK.

Stay up to date by following DEDsafio on Twitter and on Twitch.

clipsandvideosblue.png

Creator: Crowmeda

Take a moment to enjoy this animated video by Crowmeda, which humorously explains ARK in a nutshell.

Creator: MrMEOLA

Mr.Meola discovers the Bermuda Triangle of Dinosaur Hybrid Monstrosities!

fanartblue.png

Queen of Heaven by @WolfTek7

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_WolfTek7_1920x

Precautions against heat stroke by @falco_luna

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_371_falco_luna

Base Defense by Eugeniy Uqlanov

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_371_EugeniyUql

Argentina the Argentavis  by Acodan

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_371_Acodan_192

The Noglin by WhiteWinterTigerWWT

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_371_WhiteWinte

Rock Drake Reference by TiamaDragon

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_371_TiamaDrago

Sinomacrops by ShadowHunter3613

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_371_ShadowHunt

acreenshotsblue.png

My sino Willow & I gliding around by vampyricangelx

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_371_vampyrican

Shhhh.... you'll wake them by @TheWickedNinjas

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_371_TheWickedN

Tyrannosaurus by @oititukumono

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_371_oititukumo

Enjoy your weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Threads: threads.net/@survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

First of all, I love three gigantoraptor and how it can claim wild babies to your tribe and second, if the Yi qi, Chimerarachne, and Koolasuchus don’t win the creature vote, I would like to try to make a mod that could add these 3 creatures to the game as well as some other obscure species and I didn’t know if the community could like this plan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Francis27 said:

Hi ark friends. A question. Will ark survival evolved ps4 users be able to save the progress of our base and dinosaurs from the official servers in the host/local mode when the official servers close?? please tell me that it is possible. I don't want to waste all my time and effort   

Short answer, you CANT, will need to rent a server or set your own at home with an old PC with anough resources.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

So what, that's a gigantic maewing, that's it?

I guess that's your alternative for not having genesis2 for a long time (so no maewings to nurse babies), right?

Yeah... I feel that some people are excited but don't realize everyone became spoiled by new features and they are about to turn in QoL for better graphics...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, Francis27 said:

It can't be possible, I'm going to lose everything :( All my time and effort are going to disappear... I'm very sad :(

Welcome to the way 70% of people here feel for some months now. Most people I know play on pc so they are just waiting to grab the save files and say goodbye to all this... Yes it's sad for players that supported it for years and it's disrespectful that some people still buy it without a warning or clue of what is going to happen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

First of All. Awesome!!!! The Gigantoraptor sounds like it got all the concept from its submission, which I was hoping for!!!!!!!! Second of all, is ASA going to have babies running wild too aloung with adults???!!!!!! It sounds like it from the dossier!!!!!!!!! I mean I know ASE had two creature that had wild babies, but it sounds like we're going to get a few to a lot of creatures that do this!!!!!! I really hope this is True!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, ChalicoMaster69 said:

Wow, simple but effective creature concept, remembering the fact that on ASA will spawn wild babies this creature is more viable that if it comes to ASE, I can't wait!

Wait..... Babies will be spawning wild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought it was a typo or tease to a later subject they would bring up. But it is officially confirmed!!! Awe man!!!!!! I am even more excited than seeing the dossier and seeing that it brought that up and wondering if they were going to bring it up later!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1