new spanish users everywhere

acat

Can anybody explain to me where that invasion of spanish speaking users in this forum comes from? Every section of the forum is suddenly full of mostly pointless spanish comments. On the last community crunch there are about 5 pages of proper comments that actually have a message and content, and then there are 28 more pages of almost exclusively spanish comments without any meaning. Kinda annoying that they dont bother to speak english in an international forum and that they flood every discussion with nonsense...

• Volunteer Moderator
29 minutes ago, acat said:

Can anybody explain to me where that invasion of spanish speaking users in this forum comes from? Every section of the forum is suddenly full of mostly pointless spanish comments. On the last community crunch there are about 5 pages of proper comments that actually have a message and content, and then there are 28 more pages of almost exclusively spanish comments without any meaning. Kinda annoying that they dont bother to speak english in an international forum and that they flood every discussion with nonsense...

The Spanish community want to get involved in Community Creature submissions and voting process for the upcoming creature votes for ASA.

To get involved in the submission and first stage voting they need to be a member of the forum and have full privileges to be able to vote. Hence why there is a flood of Spanish members that are trying to get those privileges through posting.

It's a side-affect of the submission voting process being held on the forums, and the fact the forums are essentially an English speaking forum. No foreign speaking person should be disallowed to vote simply because they may not be able to speak English.

The situation isn't perfect, but it is fine as long as rules are not broken. In situations like this lines will get blurred and discretion is needed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, GP said:

The Spanish community want to get involved in Community Creature submissions and voting process for the upcoming creature votes for ASA.

To get involved in the submission and first stage voting they need to be a member of the forum and have full privileges to be able to vote. Hence why there is a flood of Spanish members that are trying to get those privileges through posting.

It's a side-affect of the submission voting process being held on the forums, and the fact the forums are essentially an English speaking forum. No foreign speaking person should be disallowed to vote simply because they may not be able to speak English.

The situation isn't perfect, but it is fine as long as rules are not broken. In situations like this lines will get blurred and discretion is needed.

I see, that explains it pretty well. I guess some big youtuber or other kind of influencer in the spanish ark community animated ppl to participate in the votes now.

And i agree, the situation isnt perfect  😅

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, acat said:

I see, that explains it pretty well. I guess some big youtuber or other kind of influencer in the spanish ark community animated ppl to participate in the votes now.

En resumen,cierto youtuber de la comunidad española se enoja porque un moderador de este foro le dice que no es parte de la comunidad y se queja del sistema de voto de las criaturas.

Sus fanaticos,algunos con cuentas inactivas hechas entre 2017 y 2021,otros hechas cuando presento su criatura el dia 9 de junio y muchas hechas desde el dia 27 vienen a spamear el foro.

Alguien de wildcard,posiblemente Jat,se disculpa con ese youtuber y le adelanta lo del atraso de ASA(,se rumorea que se despidio al moderador que molesto a ese youtuber)

Una de las nuevas criaturas no ganara de manera muy limpia.......

Que allá gente que no le guste que la comunidad hispana hable en los foros de ark con su propio idioma me parece indignante y de mala educación.

Como hispanoparlante me siento orgulloso de mí lengua y de ser parte de esta comunidad.

Yo juego ark y lo apoyo.

Cierto es que no puedes estar pendiente a todo por qué tengo trabajo y responsabilidades pero el tiempo libre que tengo intento disfrutar de este juego y mejorar la experiencia en el.

Para aquellos que no les guste los comentarios en español que no los lean  y si piensan que algunos comentarios no tienen sentido entiendan que esto es un foro donde la gente expresa sus opiniones ya sean absurdas o no y no por ello hay que quejarse sino todo lo contrario alegrarse por qué la comunidad crece y se extiende hacia nuevos continentes y hacia nuevas personas que descubren este maravilloso juego.

• Thanks 1

• Volunteer Moderator
42 minutes ago, FacuArroyo said:

That there are people who do not like the Hispanic community to speak in the ark forums with their own language seems outrageous and impolite.

As a Spanish speaker I am proud of my language and of being part of this community.

I play ark and support it.

It is true that you can not be aware of everything why I have work and responsibilities but the free time I have I try to enjoy this game and improve the experience in it.

For those who do not like comments in Spanish that do not read them and if you think that some comments do not make sense understand that this is a forum where people express their opinions whether they are absurd or not and not for that reason you have to complain but quite the opposite rejoice because the community grows and extends to new continents and to new people who discover this wonderful game.

I don't think anyone is complaining about people posting in Spanish. Nothing wrong with that. They are complaining about the thousands of meaningless posts people are spamming to increase their counts in order to vote.

That's a systemic problem on WildCard's end. It's not easy to fix. I'm not sure if there will be a change in order to sort this out.

11 hours ago, acat said:

Kinda annoying that they dont bother to speak english in an international forum and that they flood every discussion with nonsense...

Maybe you need to pay more attention to what "international" means, what it doesn't mean is that everyone is obligated to use English.

It was valid to complain about pointless comments, which have been explained by GP so they now make sense to you, but complaining that people "don't bother to speak english" is a narrow and parochial way of thinking. If WildCard made it their policy that these forums require English (as some games do) that would be different. But they haven't done that, therefore any language is fair game.

Google translate works just as well for you as it does for Spanish writers and you have the freedom to scroll past any posts you can't read, no one is forcing you to pay attention to them. ARK is an international game, with an international audience, and WildCard does not have any language policies for these forums, they have just as much right to post in Spanish as you do in English.

On 6/29/2023 at 11:42 AM, acat said:

I think it's very good, many of us didn't know about the existence of this forum and the fact that there is a person who speaks another language and shows it to us makes the community come together since we all like the same thing.

It is also true that many of us arrived suddenly and interrupt the tranquility of the forum.

On 6/29/2023 at 11:15 AM, acat said:

I dont underestimate it, i am just confused by the sudden flood of new users from it. And i gotta admit i am slightly annoyed by them not speaking english and mostly just posting useless comments.

The avalanche is normal, so many new news and votes have caused Streamers/Youtubers to ask their followers to vote.

Ark es un juego que se distribuye en más de 20 idiomas, y al ser un foro internacional, muchos se toman por cortesía el tiempo de publicar en inglés pero no están obligados a hacerlo, que te moleste ver comentarios que no entiendes ya puede darte una idea de lo abandonados que están las comunidades de otros idiomas, pues para ellos siempre es así.

Quiero comenzar con el conflicto de quien si y quien no es parte de la comunidad, los que son de la comunidad son todos los que son parte de algo relacionado a ARK un espectador, un jugador, un YouTuber/streamer, todos los que aportan participan sea o no en foros tengan o no una cuenta en los foros, todos somos parte de esta comunidad de una forma u otra los que son parte de la comunidad son los que no saben que es ARK gente/adultos edad, ocupados, sin recursos. No importa que uno venga por su YouTuber/streamer favoritos por qué vienen por qué les gusta el juego y son un gran motivo de que el juego se mantenga en la actualidad.

On 6/29/2023 at 8:10 PM, FacuArroyo said:

Que allá gente que no le guste que la comunidad hispana hable en los foros de ark con su propio idioma me parece indignante y de mala educación.

Como hispanoparlante me siento orgulloso de mí lengua y de ser parte de esta comunidad.

Yo juego ark y lo apoyo.

Cierto es que no puedes estar pendiente a todo por qué tengo trabajo y responsabilidades pero el tiempo libre que tengo intento disfrutar de este juego y mejorar la experiencia en el.

Para aquellos que no les guste los comentarios en español que no los lean  y si piensan que algunos comentarios no tienen sentido entiendan que esto es un foro donde la gente expresa sus opiniones ya sean absurdas o no y no por ello hay que quejarse sino todo lo contrario alegrarse por qué la comunidad crece y se extiende hacia nuevos continentes y hacia nuevas personas que descubren este maravilloso juego.

Estoy completamente de acuerdo contigo