Community Crunch 367: ARK 2 Fishing Concept, Creature Vote Winner, and More!

StudioWildcard

57 minutes ago, Lucifer15 said:

you all have bad tast dreadnoutuse for life it was a good idea and im saying its riged as it would be a pain to right the code for and the new raptor is just a reskined s+ nanny and whats that asa console will have mod support so that creachers useless now wow you dont say

A. Spelling dude this website has autocorrect

B. Some servers may not have mods + mods work like the Minecraft mod shop, hopefully it isn't smth stupid were if a server has S+ I have to buy it but it will probably be that way bc this company hates us

C. Chill its a vote and also I think they are doing this for every map so each creature has another chance

Edited by Conzilla0210
  • Like 1

I didnt vote this time but have to say Im pretty excited about the one that won. I personally feel maewings should debut with the island. but Im loving that the mae and this critter could work in tandem to help raise babies. been there done that for the 4am imprinting and never ever gonna go back to doing it!!!

I love the fishing pole. AND can we infer the outfit and hair on the dude with the pole means we will get some ADDITIONAL clothing options?

THE most exciting thing however, is the little bitty line indicating there will be news regarding ASA roadmap next week. Im on pins and needles. I cant wait to see what ya'll have to tell us. yippy!

😻😻😻

Edited by PeachSalad
punctuation
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucifer15 said:

you all have bad tast dreadnoutuse for life it was a good idea and im saying its riged as it would be a pain to right the code for and the new raptor is just a reskined s+ nanny and whats that asa console will have mod support so that creachers useless now wow you dont say

I mean there will be more votes... Personally, I think a bronto tlc would be way more efficient, but nothing is stopping you from voting dreadnoughtus again in the next creature vote.

The proposed breeding help of the Gorgonops was probably going to be more useful. Plus, the ability to find, or track specific things, including discerning wild stats, plus other options that the game still does not have available to the players, is a lot more game play options than a large auto imprinter. So we get another creature with one useful ability, and no other uses? I really hope I am wrong, and they add some of the proposed abilities of the Gorgonops, or other vote creatures. It seems people want the H.L.N.A. stat reading ability, since it was proposed in two creatures this vote. Hell, I am getting tired of proposing good ideas that end up getting used, but also being done in the worst way possible. But here is another idea that will be taken, and should have been implemented long ago. There exists an item in Ark that is such a waste, that it may as well be offensive to veteran players. The electronic binoculars. The functions it says it has, do not work. So since everyone would love to have a spyglass that actually does not suck to use, take away the tek helmet options on it, and add the ability to use it while on the back of any creature, the same as the spyglass. Keep the ability to zoom, and remember the zoom amount, and add the H.L.N.A., and magnifying glass option to it. And since you cannot use the tek leg boost while anything is equipped, make that the button for turning on, or toggling through the night vision, creature stats, and target outline options. Or simply turn them all on at one time when you left click while looking through them with right click. Either way, people want a better spyglass, it exists in the game in a pitiful way already, so just fix it. And I hope people start voting for things we do not have, or badly need, rather than whatever metric people are currently making decisions by. I am shocked that a slower, less powerful, less versatile stealth creature than the shadowmane even made it that far in the vote(Yes it at least had the stat checker ability proposed). While alternatively, we do not have creatures that can help us tame cannon specific tames, or a creature that speeds up the growth rate of babies while also feeding them, rather than simply helping you imprint the babies. Over all, the decisions I have been seeing made recently has been baffling, and confusing with how bad the chosen decisions obviously are, especially when so many can see the train wreck choices for what they are, even before the choice is decided upon. It is frustrating when you see the potential of a prosperous future, but all help is ignored for illogical reasons. Simply frustrating.

• Like 1

Phew! Almost got the lame cheetah! As much as I really want a cheetah in the game, that wasn't the one I wanted. Though I'd resolved myself to begging for WC to give it the trip attack/better abilities if it did make it since it seemed to have someone popular posting it driving the votes up for a much more boring version of the cheetah than was posted in the past! I'm OK with my 3rd choice winning...it was my second choice last time and though I DESPERATELY wanted the Bison, I'll settle for the giant oviraptor...just hoping it looks really pretty in the new Unreal Engine with lovely feathers!!!!!

31 minutes ago, BlakeEIves said:

The proposed breeding help of the Gorgonops was probably going to be more useful. Plus, the ability to find, or track specific things, including discerning wild stats, plus other options that the game still does not have available to the players, is a lot more game play options than a large auto imprinter. So we get another creature with one useful ability, and no other uses? I really hope I am wrong, and they add some of the proposed abilities of the Gorgonops, or other vote creatures. It seems people want the H.L.N.A. stat reading ability, since it was proposed in two creatures this vote. Hell, I am getting tired of proposing good ideas that end up getting used, but also being done in the worst way possible. But here is another idea that will be taken, and should have been implemented long ago. There exists an item in Ark that is such a waste, that it may as well be offensive to veteran players. The electronic binoculars. The functions it says it has, do not work. So since everyone would love to have a spyglass that actually does not suck to use, take away the tek helmet options on it, and add the ability to use it while on the back of any creature, the same as the spyglass. Keep the ability to zoom, and remember the zoom amount, and add the H.L.N.A., and magnifying glass option to it. And since you cannot use the tek leg boost while anything is equipped, make that the button for turning on, or toggling through the night vision, creature stats, and target outline options. Or simply turn them all on at one time when you left click while looking through them with right click. Either way, people want a better spyglass, it exists in the game in a pitiful way already, so just fix it. And I hope people start voting for things we do not have, or badly need, rather than whatever metric people are currently making decisions by. I am shocked that a slower, less powerful, less versatile stealth creature than the shadowmane even made it that far in the vote(Yes it at least had the stat checker ability proposed). While alternatively, we do not have creatures that can help us tame cannon specific tames, or a creature that speeds up the growth rate of babies while also feeding them, rather than simply helping you imprint the babies. Over all, the decisions I have been seeing made recently has been baffling, and confusing with how bad the chosen decisions obviously are, especially when so many can see the train wreck choices for what they are, even before the choice is decided upon. It is frustrating when you see the potential of a prosperous future, but all help is ignored for illogical reasons. Simply frustrating.

The breeding functionality wasn't part of Gorgonops' design, that was Gigantoraptor's concept

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucifer15 said:

No, it wasn't. Dreadnoughtus was both too OP and too balanced.

NO ONE wants to risk losing all of their tames, their base, AND a vast majority of their resources JUST because they forgot about a pack of sauropods for a few moments because they were busy, you know...playing ARK...

And can you take the S+ nanny to battle? No, it just sits there looking ugly.

At least this can help defend your babies from Maewings, raiders, and wild dinos that wander nearby.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BearDogOtter said:

Again, aquatic dinos get shafted. Has there even been any new aquatic tames added since the game was first released?

Lamprey and Megachelon for normal creatures, and Moeder as a Boss in Genesis Part 1.  Only way to get anything decent in the ocean is to use the Ark Additions mod.

4 hours ago, Hellix said:

They're still gonna exist in ascended 

That's the problem.

They're going to exist in Ascended, not Evolved.

You know...the version of the game that already exists, is already 100% "complete," and is where the entirety of the ARK community is.

We're being forced to buy a version of ARK that is almost 6 years outdated just to play on official servers again, when it would cost next to nothing to maintain Evolved's servers so people can still play ARK as they know it until Ascended has gotten to a point they would feel comfortable doing the upgrade.

They could just not add any more updates to Evolved and leave the servers 100% as is if they're so concerned about taking resources and teams away from Ascended.

Oh, and let's not talk about how Fjordur's servers have only existed for 1 year before being slated to go completely offline until Ascended gets it in...who knows how long...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's ironic that every other post by a new user, and a positive comment, looks like that.  It really looks funny already (and nothing has been reset yet xD).  In fact, if, and what, and when they will add creatures to ARK, I am not interested at this stage.  That's the least important thing right now.  I would appreciate more information about saves for PS or XBOX console platforms. Every day ASE is put on hold, almost every day someone ends up with ARK permanently.  Many friends have already left or are waiting for map saves as much as I am.  Many of them don't want anything to do with ARK anymore (I'm not surprised WC/SG doesn't deserve such a faithful society) They devoted so much time to ARK just because they loved it.
WC/SG will probably allocate officially dusty ASE servers to ASA (there would be no point in renting better and more expensive servers, they want to earn and not spend xD.) Since UE 5 requires better end machines, the drive must be adapted accordingly.  I guess they have quantum servers xD. And our (I'm talking about myself and my wife) time in the ark is slowly coming to an end, starting from the egg after a few years of hard work on the ark is not very interesting anymore. I do not count on returning to ARK in any other version of ASA or ARK 2 and subsequent WC / SG products.  With the end of ASE, it will be the end of ARK for me. we already have limited playing ark, we focus only on refreshing the clocks on 12 servers.  It still takes about 4 hours every 3 days to refresh everything that my wife and I have acquired, tamed, etc. Unfortunately, WC/SG thanks to your greed for $ 60. Do you want to take away the achievements of several years from the players?  Or disappointing the newbies (who recently bought ASEs got stuck in the bottle) by closing them ASEs? You have firmly announced that you will remove ASE so that we can play cross-platform.  You asked if we want it No!  It's important to close the ASE and force players to buy ASA.  I see your actions as negative WC/SG behavior towards society.  My fun in ARK is also coming to an end.  I can finally rest :). maybe someday I will download ASA to the library, I prefer to avoid its installation on ps due to OW and other unwanted modifications.  It would make more sense to hear that the BS will no longer show up, that the removal of errors from ASE are concrete, not Paint suggestions for graphics. And with the blue screen, I wish you good luck, a real bug to remove and I doubt that it will not show up in ASA.  Maybe not in the first days of the game, but after some time until the bases show up. Know that I do not believe that ASA will be better mechanically and certainly will not be free of errors.  It's just that WC/SG can't be believed and they do whatever they want to get funds from us for updates because it's not a new game, it's a remaster.  An example of a giant GTA for ps5, the cost of the remaster is 20 € but you are limited to playing only with PS5 consoles.  The ps4 did not arrive in your session.  Also, I don't lose anything like in your case on ASE.  And I have a choice where I want to play and on what version.  For you, it looks like that if you want to continue playing, you have to buy our game again and on top of that, we will take your previous achievements and simply delete it, this is how it looks at the moment.  But I will thank you in advance and say a firm NO to ASA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

4 hours ago, ashgcy said:

The breeding functionality wasn't part of Gorgonops' design, that was Gigantoraptor's concept

Gorgonops had a den idea proposed. One where you find dens in, or around caves, and you could use that den that the gorgonops produced to give a growth buff to any baby inside the den, and any baby around the den would have access to the food in the den. It would basically be a temporary structure akin to the tent. But with functionality. So yes, the Gorgonops did have a proposed breeding functionality. Maybe go back and read everything proposed again. There were some really good ideas there.