Rhyniognatha - Mega Thread

SarahMonette

On 6/9/2023 at 12:15 PM, Austria said:

i get saddles and blueprints for Rhynio from the five deep sea loot crates in Desert on Ragnarok 

I’ve seen this a bunch online, but the problem I have is the unofficial PVE server I play on has the red desert loot crates on Rag modded to drop weapons and weapon BPs. They have all surface loot drops and crates modded on all maps. Only loots in caves have “official” loot tables. Anyone know of any cave drops that drop the Rhynio saddle BP? 

I do like the creature from PvE perspective (console so no mods available to pick up structures), however for such a late game creature with high requirements it's still a bit lacklustre. I certainly don't see it as a combat dino really. I kinda thought its ranged damage would be the focus that can be upgraded like the wyverns instead of its melee attacks. Alas, it's probably worth taming more in mid-tier with decent stam&weight even with lower quality egg (assuming you can make the saddle). 

I suspect it might come a bit more into focus with ASA launch than ASE with all the DLC creatures already out and if they launch it with Cryopods.

I understand nothing will transfer from Ark I to Ark II, correct?

I see most folks on my official server timing out (leaving), but then some are appearing to tame the Rhyniognatha....which will be usable for like another month until the servers are shutdown....right?

So taming a Rhyniognatha on theIsland Ark I is for a very short use.....is this correct, or am I missing something?

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Boogerpicker1 said:

I understand nothing will transfer from Ark I to Ark II, correct?

You're actually missing a step there. Nothing will transfer from ARK 1.0 (ARK Survival Evolved) to ARK 1.5 (ARK Survival Ascended), which is what they are supposed to put out in a couple of months.

Then, sometime far in the future when ARK2 eventually gets made, if it ever does get made, nothing will transfer from ARK 1.5 to ARK2.

So you're right, but even more right than you realize, because everything is going to get erased twice, not just once.

I see most folks on my official server timing out (leaving), but then some are appearing to tame the Rhyniognatha....which will be usable for like another month until the servers are shutdown....right?

Correct. Once ASA (ARK 1.5) is released in a couple of months (maybe) everyone will have to do everything in ARK all over again from scratch. New characters, new tribes, new dinos, everything.

WildCard is pretending it's a new game even though it's not, and part of that pretense is making everyone start over again.

So taming a Rhyniognatha on theIsland Ark I is for a very short use.....is this correct, or am I missing something?

You're not missing anything, it's for very short use.

1 hour ago, SpinosaurIso said:

They were able to put the Carcha on every map, (though they did just rip the giga spawns, but I can see why), so I don't understand why they couldn't spawn the rhynio anywhere else but Ti and Li.

Obviously they could, they chose not to.

There are lots of dinos that are not on every map.

On 7/3/2023 at 3:16 PM, Pipinghot said:

Obviously they could, they chose not to.

There are lots of dinos that are not on every map.

Why choose not to? I could maybe see them not spawning on some of the paid DLC maps due to them not fitting in*, but out of the 7 free DLC maps, why only Lost Island?

*They would definitely fit in on Scorched Earth, and I don't see why they wouldn't spawn in Extinction when every other dino does.

Edited by SpinosaurIso
Extra context in the *'s