image.png

^All Art is done by Lapis Lazuli and Dossier is edited by Mihael

Common Name :Majungasaurus 

Species : Majungasaurus absconditus

Time : Late Cretaceous

Diet : Carnivorous 

Temperament :Opportunistic

WILD: Majungasaurus absconditus is quite the interesting theropod. While most of the creatures of the ark look different to their real life counterparts, majungasaurus seems to have evolved to fit into a new niche in the arks ecosystem. It seems to have adapted many traits from modern day chameleons including the ability to change their skin color to camouflage into their surroundings. Many survivors often talk about how they feel like there's something always watching them just from the treeline out of sight and from my studies I believe that majungasaurus may be the culprit. They seem to have a higher intelligence than most creatures on the ark and are very curious by nature. 

Domesticated: A tamed majungasaurus however is a scientist's best friend. These creatures can be used to sneak up on and study even the most dangerous of animals and can even help find certain desired traits in wild creatures. And for those who would rather venture out on their own, some survivors have figured out how to modify their armor with the shedded scales of majungasaurus to give them limited camouflage. 

Taming: To tame a majungasaurus you must gain its trust by crafting structures and other trinkets to appease its curiosity. The higher quality item the less taming effectiveness is lost.

Taming 2: To tame a majungasaurus you must gain its trust by feeding into its cannibalistic tendencies. You must kill and bring other majungasaurus to the target majunga

Stat Reading: While camouflaged on a majunga you are able to sneak up on unsuspecting creatures. If you're able to get close enough your majunga will be able to act like a primitive HLNA from the genesis maps and read out the base stats of said creature. 

Camouflage Armor: As the majunga sheds its skin, survivors will be able to gather leftover scales and apply it to their armor to gain the majungas ability to camouflage. However unlike majunga survivors will only be able to camouflage while standing completely still.

Combat: The majunga isn't really much of a fighter so it only has a basic bite attack that does around the same damage as a carno.

Size: The Majunga would be around the size of Megalosaurus ingame which would allow it to be a new caving creature since we haven't gotten anything capable of caving in a long time.

Suggestions from Replies:

Getting a buff when eating another Majunga

Eat other tamed Majungas when it gets low on hunger

Main Attack does bonus damage if used while invisible (brings majunga out of invisibility) 

Edited by Hatcheri
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Happy to see Majungasaurus make a return, the stat reading is an awesome idea!
I had some ideas for this creature back in the first creature vote, it's a different approach to the creature but I would still like to share them here:

Scroll to the end if you want a quick guide through its abilities, but feel free to read the dossier info.

Common name:                Majungasaurus

Species:                               Majungasaurus Anthropophagus

Time:                                    Late Cretaceous

Diet:                                      carnivore

Temperament:                 Aggressively Cannibalistic

Dossier content:

Majungasaurus Anthropophagus, also referred to by some tribes as Majungasaurus Cannibalis, is yet another creature of which the continued existence on the island shouldn’t be possible. This distant relative of Carnotaurus houses more power than a Tyrannosaurus, is faster than a Raptor and, thanks to the skull pattern on its head, more intimidating then a Spinosaurus. This, along with the fact that it inhabits both grasslands and deserts makes it a danger you always have to be on the lookout for, even when observing the area from the back of an airborne creature since I have seen Majungasaurus preforming a high jump and grabbing any flier up to the size of an Argentavis and smashing it to the ground, stunning the animal before going in for the kill.

Although powerful, Majungasaurus makes a terrible pack animal because of one dislikeable characteristic: cannibalism. How this has come to be I do not know yet. Once two Majungasaurus lock eye contact, there are only two possible outcomes: the weakest one tries to escape from the other or, what happens most of the time, they attack each other until one falls and serves the other as dinner.

My advice would be the avoid Majungasaurus at all cost but if you find yourself being chased by one your best option is to find a large body of water, such as a wide river. Majungasaurus seems to fear the water creatures when they are in their element. On land however, Majungasaurus isn’t afraid of confronting a Sarco or Baryonyx. It does however avoid picking a fight with a Spinosaurus.

Domesticated:

There are two ways to tame a Majungasaurus, both show its cannibalistic diet. The classic tranq-and-feed method can be utilised, but I wouldn’t advice it because Majungasaurus seems to have an increased resistance to tranquilizing drugs. If you manage to knock it unconscious it will prove more effective to feed the Majungasaurus a special kind of meat dropped by it own kind than to use other types of meat.

The last taming method is the riskiest but also the most straight forward. Majungasaurus’ trust can be gained by presenting it with creatures to feed from. It will gain trust faster if you provide it others of its kind to eat. As I said: there is no denying Majungasaurus’ cannibalistic behaviour.

Once tamed, isn’t an easy pet to keep. Majungasaurus can be taught to live with others of its kind but I haven’t seen anyone who as succeeded to grow a pack larger than three animals. When four of them live too close to each other for too long, they become aggressive. They will attack each other until there are only three Majungasaurus left.

Anyone who hopes to breed Majungasaurus will have to be careful as well. The female seems to be the strongest gender and when she doesn’t like her mate, she will most likely kill it. This makes that breeding the creature takes several tries but once the mating process has been completed, the change of the female producing multiple eggs isn’t all too small.

Features:

Tameable: yes                                               rideable: yes                                     breedable: yes

Attacks:

Left-click (attack 1): standard bite

Right-click (attack2): the Majungasaurus jumps and can grab any flier up to the size of an Argentavis. Then is smashes it to the ground, inducing a stunned debuff to the flier.

Temperament: aggressive to all creatures in the area but will prioritize aggroing to another Majungasaurus in the area above all other creatures, including being attacked by players.

Diet: carnivore

Special drops: “Majungasaurus meat”: works the same as “lamb chop” in recipes and when taming other creatures but functions as most effective taming food for Majungasaurus when the tranq-and-feed method is used.

Special features: -Intimidating skull pattern on its head.

-          Avoids big bodies of water such as rivers and the ocean.

-          Flees from both wild and tamed Spinosaurus.

-          When breeding, there is a chance the female will kill the male.

-          Females can drop up to 3 eggs after successfully mating.

-          Tamed Majungasaurus can only have 2 other Majungasaurus around it in a radius of 20 meters. If this limit is surpassed, it will become aggressive to all tamed Majungasaurus in range until there are only 2 others left.

Sources:

https://www.newdinosaurs.com/majungasaurus/

https://dinopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Majungasaurus

majungaKleiner.jpg

Edited by Raptoria1300
Adding concept art
  • Like 1

• Hatcheri changed the title to Majungasaurus - The Stat Reading Chameleon
4 minutes ago, AmanaTishala said:

Just a curiosity thing: is the cannibalism something solely on whimsy for the game or was there scientific evidence that these guys liked to eat each other irl?

Theres scientific evidence that abelisaurids (The family majungasaurus comes from) had cannibalistic tendencies and if im not mistaken most of that evidence specifically comes from majungasaurus fossils 

Edited by Hatcheri
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, LVL1GAMERAL said:

Why more Rex clones? stop it. get some help. people cried and whined till they got a dino that didnt win a vote added, they developers even mentioned the 20+ versions of this kind of thing is already in the game. vote for things more unique. all these Rex Clones are getting annoying wasting space in the votes.

The mere fact you called it a rex clone tells me you didn't read the suggestion at all. I agree that "powerful for the sake of being powerful" creatures are boring, but this is not one of those cases.

Just becase an animal is a theropod, does not instantly make it a rex. The two theropods currently in the top 10 (gigantoraptor and this majunga) are both equally unique in their own right, and both offer something that would offer utility rather than just another left-click-chomper.

To summarise Majungasaurus for you, the proposed idea turns it into a highly invaluable scouting mount, with the ability to camouflage and read dino stats. The HLNA stat scan won't be available until gen 2, which isn't going to be released for at least another year, and having a dedicated creature that can do this until we get it would absolutely change the meta.

And before you say the very common "but WC never adds the ideas from a vote", they very much do. Every single creature has shared at least a handful of mechanics with its community made counterpart.

TL:DR, if you're going to be upset at something being an <insert creature> clone, don't just complain about it. You are allowed to make a countersuggestion in the comments if you'd prefer a different rendition of the animal to make it more unique. Also, read the suggestion

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
45 minutes ago, LVL1GAMERAL said:

Why more Rex clones? stop it. get some help. people cried and whined till they got a dino that didnt win a vote added, they developers even mentioned the 20+ versions of this kind of thing is already in the game. vote for things more unique. all these Rex Clones are getting annoying wasting space in the votes.

Learn to read the submissions before complaining. You might learn that this carnivore is not designed to be a fighter.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AmanaTishala said:

Just a curiosity thing: is the cannibalism something solely on whimsy for the game or was there scientific evidence that these guys liked to eat each other irl?

It is something I took from BBC's planet dinosaur, and as far as I know, it hasn't been proven wrong.
Here is a link to the scene the cannibalism is mentioned: 

4 hours ago, Raptoria1300 said:

It is something I took from BBC's planet dinosaur, and as far as I know, it hasn't been proven wrong.
Here is a link to the scene the cannibalism is mentioned: 

Ahhhh I see. Also, I see their bite was probably to crush windpipes or such by just biting and holding tight. I love all the BBC dinosaur stuff but don't think I'd seen this (or simply didn't remember it ^^; )

On 6/4/2023 at 3:37 AM, Raptoria1300 said:

Happy to see Majungasaurus make a return, the stat reading is an awesome idea!
I had some ideas for this creature back in the first creature vote, it's a different approach to the creature but I would still like to share them here:

Scroll to the end if you want a quick guide through its abilities, but feel free to read the dossier info.

Common name:                Majungasaurus

Species:                               Majungasaurus Anthropophagus

Time:                                    Late Cretaceous

Diet:                                      carnivore

Temperament:                 Aggressively Cannibalistic

Dossier content:

Majungasaurus Anthropophagus, also referred to by some tribes as Majungasaurus Cannibalis, is yet another creature of which the continued existence on the island shouldn’t be possible. This distant relative of Carnotaurus houses more power than a Tyrannosaurus, is faster than a Raptor and, thanks to the skull pattern on its head, more intimidating then a Spinosaurus. This, along with the fact that it inhabits both grasslands and deserts makes it a danger you always have to be on the lookout for, even when observing the area from the back of an airborne creature since I have seen Majungasaurus preforming a high jump and grabbing any flier up to the size of an Argentavis and smashing it to the ground, stunning the animal before going in for the kill.

Although powerful, Majungasaurus makes a terrible pack animal because of one dislikeable characteristic: cannibalism. How this has come to be I do not know yet. Once two Majungasaurus lock eye contact, there are only two possible outcomes: the weakest one tries to escape from the other or, what happens most of the time, they attack each other until one falls and serves the other as dinner.

My advice would be the avoid Majungasaurus at all cost but if you find yourself being chased by one your best option is to find a large body of water, such as a wide river. Majungasaurus seems to fear the water creatures when they are in their element. On land however, Majungasaurus isn’t afraid of confronting a Sarco or Baryonyx. It does however avoid picking a fight with a Spinosaurus.

Domesticated:

There are two ways to tame a Majungasaurus, both show its cannibalistic diet. The classic tranq-and-feed method can be utilised, but I wouldn’t advice it because Majungasaurus seems to have an increased resistance to tranquilizing drugs. If you manage to knock it unconscious it will prove more effective to feed the Majungasaurus a special kind of meat dropped by it own kind than to use other types of meat.

The last taming method is the riskiest but also the most straight forward. Majungasaurus’ trust can be gained by presenting it with creatures to feed from. It will gain trust faster if you provide it others of its kind to eat. As I said: there is no denying Majungasaurus’ cannibalistic behaviour.

Once tamed, isn’t an easy pet to keep. Majungasaurus can be taught to live with others of its kind but I haven’t seen anyone who as succeeded to grow a pack larger than three animals. When four of them live too close to each other for too long, they become aggressive. They will attack each other until there are only three Majungasaurus left.

Anyone who hopes to breed Majungasaurus will have to be careful as well. The female seems to be the strongest gender and when she doesn’t like her mate, she will most likely kill it. This makes that breeding the creature takes several tries but once the mating process has been completed, the change of the female producing multiple eggs isn’t all too small.

Features:

Tameable: yes                                               rideable: yes                                     breedable: yes

Attacks:

Left-click (attack 1): standard bite

Right-click (attack2): the Majungasaurus jumps and can grab any flier up to the size of an Argentavis. Then is smashes it to the ground, inducing a stunned debuff to the flier.

Temperament: aggressive to all creatures in the area but will prioritize aggroing to another Majungasaurus in the area above all other creatures, including being attacked by players.

Diet: carnivore

Special drops: “Majungasaurus meat”: works the same as “lamb chop” in recipes and when taming other creatures but functions as most effective taming food for Majungasaurus when the tranq-and-feed method is used.

Special features: -Intimidating skull pattern on its head.

-          Avoids big bodies of water such as rivers and the ocean.

-          Flees from both wild and tamed Spinosaurus.

-          When breeding, there is a chance the female will kill the male.

-          Females can drop up to 3 eggs after successfully mating.

-          Tamed Majungasaurus can only have 2 other Majungasaurus around it in a radius of 20 meters. If this limit is surpassed, it will become aggressive to all tamed Majungasaurus in range until there are only 2 others left.

Sources:

https://www.newdinosaurs.com/majungasaurus/

https://dinopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Majungasaurus

majungaKleiner.jpg

I like this take on the majungasaurus but I think it should also have a bleed attack that does more % damage to other carnivores allo size and bigger. Size wise the majungasaurus should be bigger than the allo but a little smaller than a rex.

Allow it to remain invisible even when attacking until damaged when there is a cool down on the ability to go invisible. 

also a frenzy buff similar to the carcha after getting a kill. It would add more utility to the majungasaurus being more of a hit and run medium-large theropod that inflicts bleed on carnivores without being a direct competitor to the carcha or giga. 

On 6/7/2023 at 4:11 AM, LVL1GAMERAL said:

This is not a rex clone, hell it’s not even a carno clone. As much as I’d like to see more variation with herbivores and non dinosaurs this submission is unique and not another big kill everything on sight carnivore, also you don’t have to act like a douche to voice your frustrations with this. Stop insulting people and go make your own submission or shut up, deconstructive criticism isn’t going to help in this situation.

• Like 2

One idea I’ve had with Majungasaurus is having to house them in separate pens so they don’t become aggressive towards one another. Say you tame a make and female, you can’t house them together for mating purposes because they would fight and cannibalize the loser. A way of allowing them to stay calm enough to mate is to use a Pachyrhinosaurus calm spray or some other substance to calm them down, a plus side to this is that your Majunga will deal increased damage towards others of it’s species. Just a wild and wacky idea that I think could be interesting.