When do you think was the finest moment of the ARK?

nameless

When do you think was the finest moment of the ARK?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think was the finest moment of the ARK? It was closest to the release date of......

• Legacy servers
    • Scorched earth
    • Official servers
    • Aberration
    • Extinction
    • Gen1
    • Gen2
    • Fjordur

THE END IS NEAR!!!!

Many people shouted that before, but as we all know this time its official confirmed.
There has been up and down in this game. Cheaters, dupers, and RMT may have been wracking haywires and WC may have been making the bad situation worse, but if you are still here, you must at least have loved some part of the game at some point of the time, right?

When do you think was the finest hours of the ARK? When was the time that when you look back upon, you would think "Ah!, I wish that could last forever!"

I got into this just after aberration launched. It was a little dicey at first, but right after extinction, everything felt good. Like if they fine tuned everything, just a pinch of polish and bug work, it would have been a legit good game, finalized and ready for GOTY.

Then Gen 1 dropped and I lost my first save, the split screen inventory management was scrwed up, the chibi's that are not native to the island map caused game crash's and less than ten FPS, and I still swear to this day the the overall game performance hit an all time low. Its gotten better since, but only "just a bit"

The Gen 1 update really did cause grief, but then again I had not gotten out of the island and SE before the reset, so I cannot confirm about aberation or extinction. However I would be able to get to both maps later. Aberation was an absolute mess. Meshing through floors, tethering instance after instance untill into the very bottom of the deathpool of element at the bottom of the map, FPS crapping out at the placement of a single dino doorway. Zany zebra's 100 day run was an absolute masterpeice of what that experiance is like.
With that said tho, extinction was nice.....Like, everything you actually wanted from Ark, even the underground bits. The only problems I can call out is the fact that none of the bench's or tables that are super full of element dust, would respawn. The pathing AI for the corrupted dino's while defending a supply drop or element vein is very goofed, but otherwise it was a very nice and very stable map. Even with behemoth tek dino gates, I was still running a solid 30 FPS.

I have been here since July 10, 2015 and back then it was a bit chaos, but it was so much fun, running around and helping people tame dinos consisted more of bringing meat (running prime as I called it) than just dropping off 12 kibbles and walking off, it added a little more of a (fun, keep you busy) challenge, you never knew what was going to be coming next because this website we are on now did not exist so obviously community crunch did not either. Also for a while the tamed dinos were more OP (which if you are specifically leveling a dino to be more powerful it should be) than the wilds AND fliers could be leveled in speed. Oh and lets not forget when the alphas would get you tons of levels too, that was nice! I do like how things lock now though, it took them a bit to get things other than storage boxes I think it was to lock, all anyone had to do was get into your base and they could snag stuff out of your troughs/gens/bookshelves/smithy/fab. Some days I literally played all day lol.

For me it were the hardcore servers when they where still up. So, I joined somewhere in the months after SE was launched. I think November 2016. Even though I played hardcore servers that where very isolated, there wasnt that much difference (yet) between Hardcore and Normal back then. (OP dino bred lines) The wyvern was really a thing to behold also. Everything was "simple" 9but not really... glitches, 4h imprint interval etc) and especially the fact that pretty much all you could get was going to be gathered from wildlife. 

The days that wildlife was your source of "succes" were the good days to me. 

But, considering a lot of SE and my actual game play took place even before official release...  Everything before Gen1 was really good. Not that Gen1 and especially Gen2 arent good (in the end) But it changed the game a lot... So also with Extinction I already though "hmm kinda weird" with the Mek and Mana. Mek was too much robot in a dino/creature game and the Mana was a creature too unnatural...

So I would vote SE and/or Aberration...

Probably Aberration. Such a great unique map and lots of fun new creatures. Very challenging as well.

The glider suit was a game changer for me. I permanently wore it in all maps it was available for after it came out in Aberration. It was my #1 thing to figure out how to craft upon starting a new map.

The game still felt fresh at that point.

Archived