Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers

ladymarina

7 hours ago, ladymarina said:

I agree there are seems to be a lot of people who are still having problems trying to figure out what to do with these so-called nitrado servers.

I got everything working fine (so far), but who's to say there isn't a big issue with using the next save.. lol

Fingers crossed?

Edited by Mike585x

I would assume and that’s all this is an assumption that that a game provider needs to contact the respective platforms they operate on and notify them that they’re ending certain aspects of their game. Sony, Microsoft, or whoever can’t possibly track every game on their platform. As for the Mod who’s in full defense mode for wildcard, your correct it doesn’t state that they’ll provide online service to just that can be played online but for someone that’s played from the beginning that’s exactly how they presented the game. But as I said it say that, it also doesn’t say if you want to play online that it will have to be on an unofficial server or you go rent your own. Playing online means that there are online services available either through payment or free provided by the publisher of the game. I don’t know of another game I’ve played that states it can be played online but go get your own access.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bulldogfrag said:

Sony, Microsoft, or whoever can’t possibly track every game on their platform.

They can and they have to. As online store they do have their own responsibilities.

1 hour ago, Bulldogfrag said:

As for the Mod who’s in full defense mode for wildcard, your correct it doesn’t state that they’ll provide online service to just that can be played online but for someone that’s played from the beginning that’s exactly how they presented the game.

Exactly this: They don't state specificly you have to take care of your own server so it is only reasonable to expect the product is ready to use as sold.
On console the owner of the platform should give additional information if a subscription is needed but quite a few online games do not need a subscription. Just to name a big one: War Thunder does not need a PSN subscription and can be played without any additional cost.

Tl;dr: New players should be warned about the state of the game and servers well before they click on "pay". This is the responsiblity of WC, MS, Sony, EGS and/or Steam or who ever is selling the game for whatever platform.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bulldogfrag said:

I would assume and that’s all this is an assumption that that a game provider needs to contact the respective platforms they operate on and notify them that they’re ending certain aspects of their game. Sony, Microsoft, or whoever can’t possibly track every game on their platform. As for the Mod who’s in full defense mode for wildcard, your correct it doesn’t state that they’ll provide online service to just that can be played online but for someone that’s played from the beginning that’s exactly how they presented the game. But as I said it say that, it also doesn’t say if you want to play online that it will have to be on an unofficial server or you go rent your own. Playing online means that there are online services available either through payment or free provided by the publisher of the game. I don’t know of another game I’ve played that states it can be played online but go get your own access.

I have one. It's called WURM Unlimited. You get WURM Online as well, free, (through steam), but that one has pay servers (official). The Unlimited relies on someone hosting their own servers (and gives documentation on how to do it), but you have to pay for Unlimited up front. It's still popular.

On a side note, FFXI and FFXIV:ARR still have regular updates and maintenance, and while maybe not as popular as the other games, have been collecting money monthly for about 20 years now (in the case of FFXI). I don't know about you, but from a developer POV I would rather be able to have a steady paycheck for 20 years than to have to find a new job every 5 or 10. Still, you are right that they are very different business models, and I suspect I am one of only a very few to cross both fan bases.

• Like 1

I downloaded a server, but I don't know where exactly to put the files? Can you tell me?

On 9/8/2023 at 9:36 AM, darkradeon said:

I just tested 892 worldsave in steam single player and even without .arkprofiles the account get automatically recognized if this had a char on such save. Be sure to use both -newsaveformat -usestore in the steam/epic command line options for ARK. As for performance, I will looking forward if there is an alternative on wiping all dinos out of pods since the command will kill also your tames outside cryopods, rafts, skiffs, meks included.

I can't figure out exactly where to put the files I downloaded. Can you help me to know that? Oh nevermind, I got it.. here I think: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArksLocal

Edited by starkraving

1 hour ago, LadyVicious said:

With all the servers shutting down and saving of Ark characters... does the same rule of pve to pve and vice versa still apply?? or will it matter??

As far as I know it will still apply. Even if you run your own unofficial or private cluster, all of the servers in that cluster have to be the same type.

21 hours ago, azureskies1 said:

sadge but whats coming next for us will hopefully be worthwhile or better

It won't be better, that's wishful thinking. WildCard is desperately rushing to publish ASA before the deadline based on their contract with Nitrado. You can bet that no matter how bad it is they're going to release it before then and let the players suffer for their mismanagement of the product.

Edited by Pipinghot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, LadyVicious said:

With all the servers shutting down and saving of Ark characters... does the same rule of pve to pve and vice versa still apply?? or will it matter??

22 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

It won't be better, that's wishful thinking. WildCard is desperately rushing to publish ASA before the deadline based on their contract with Nitrado. You can bet that no matter how bad it is they're going to release it before then and let the players suffer for their mismanagement of the product.

In a private Cluster, it is possible to mix PVP and PVE servers. I have for years run a PVP cluster with one PVE map instance - a kinda "safe zone".
In the wider, non clustered ecosphere, I guess not? But have never tried?

On 9/10/2023 at 3:01 AM, starkraving said:

I downloaded a server, but I don't know where exactly to put the files? Can you tell me?

I can't figure out exactly where to put the files I downloaded. Can you help me to know that? Oh nevermind, I got it.. here I think: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArksLocal

Yeah - it depends on the map. That location is for "The Island" map. Under that same path from \saved\ here are all the local map locations:

Aberration_PSavedArksLocal
CrystalIslesSavedArksLocal
ExtinctionSavedArksLocal
FjordurSavedArksLocal
Gen2SavedArksLocal
GenesisSavedArksLocal
LostIslandSavedArksLocal
RagnarokSavedArksLocal
SavedArksLocal
ScorchedEarth_PSavedArksLocal
TheCenterSavedArksLocal
Valguero_PSavedArksLocal

1 hour ago, DirkInSA said:

In a private Cluster, it is possible to mix PVP and PVE servers. I have for years run a PVP cluster with one PVE map instance - a kinda "safe zone".
In the wider, non clustered ecosphere, I guess not? But have never tried?

I think you quoted the wrong post from me there :)  Even so, I appreciate you answering LadyVicious' question, that's interesting to know.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrD said:

Hi, I'm trying to save my level 171 to single player in Playstation 4 from our nitrado server , but after uploading is not appearing in the list when I go to single player. Is anybody able to do this? 

If you wait for my guide you will learn everything, I may have missed something.

everything will be described.  But as I mentioned, it takes time.  Personally, I would like to have my dino in SP, that's why I spend time on it.

5 hours ago, DrD said:

Hi, I'm trying to save my level 171 to single player in Playstation 4 from our nitrado server , but after uploading is not appearing in the list when I go to single player. Is anybody able to do this? 

Did you rent an Ark Official Server Save from Nitrado? It has to be a specific server rental, not a normal Ark Nitrado server.

1 hour ago, DinoFan said:

Is it possible to upload stuff within the official server and then download it in single player?

When transferring stuff from official to either SP or to a private Nitrado server, can you only do dinos and player?  Or, can you do items too, like blueprints?

No, nothing can be transferred anywhere (completely separate). You will have to wait until they do the next Server Save, and then import it to a rented "special" unofficial server. Think of it like a saved game on other games, after you rent the server you can import and load it up and everything is how you left it on official.

If you want to keep everything without renting your own server, you will have to move (transfer everything) to an Official server (that is going to be saved by someone else to Nitrado) before the next save occurs at the end of the month.

1 hour ago, DinoFan said:

Yes, I am interested.  How do we direct message in this forum?

For example, if you wanted to come with us, move everything you have to our Official Server before the next save happens. Therefore, once the next save is released, I will be loading the map onto Nitrado and everything will be there.

17 hours ago, Mike585x said:

Did you rent an Ark Official Server Save from Nitrado? It has to be a specific server rental, not a normal Ark Nitrado server.

Yes an Ark Official Server save, first I went to the island for testing, so I created a new character just for tests. Because as far as I knew, people wasn't able to log with their characters. Then I went to my server and I just logged in with my main character. Wow was a relief! After uploading several dinos I just uploaded my character and in the list it was my other character from the test. I went to single player and no characters, they vanished.. Maybe a pego stole from me😂

Next day I just tried to upload again and magically it was there! So I saved to single player and I made a backup in another map. This feels good! 

Another weird thing happened was so many tames increased like A LOT their stats. For example a top shadowmane had 116k hp and 6k melee. But after podding them and go again to Nitrado, when I came back I pulled them out the pod and they was normal again. 

Thanks anyway Mike, and excuse me for the long write. Enjoy your Ark 😉👍

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic