Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers

ladymarina

On 8/23/2023 at 11:10 PM, Shixynazz9548 said:

After playing ARK since release, suffering Legacy un-support, dealing with 100000000000 bugs, losing everything 4 times back to back... Now your shutting down these official servers? Does any Dev even read this thread or is this just a troll lol. Can't believe me and thousands of other people get to lose out on everything grinded and built up just to play single player and pay for the game AGAIN. Studio Wildcard and Snail Games REALLY know how to completely BUTCHER a gaming community. FYI NO GAME creator does this. Only ARK. Why am I not surprised. Gotta get money from your dying game community one way or another right? Smfh. Unfortunately almost everyone I've met on ARK is NOT getting ASA or ARK2 because of this, so many wrongs to the community. What a disgrace.

ARK MEME small.png

Yeah I already know. I agree with you wholeheartedly. What they're doing is a disgrace. And it's more snail games in my opinion,because they want money to actually fund their new game Pay 2 win game. Also they see the most of the revenue that wild card has is coming from Ark. As I said before wild card is a billion dollar gaming developer. Snail games does not care about anything and yes it will be thousands of people, even though we are called the (minority) on official servers. This game helped me with Some serious grief that I was dealing with and I'm still dealing with today. Just to have it all taken away. Did you even realize that game pass has gone up everything? 16.99. Everything is going up in price, for them to pull a stunt like this is unnerving. And I agree with you they are the only gaming developer company that has done something like this. Even EA games hasn't pulled the stunt like this. And they're one of the worst in the gaming industry. I don't think it'll be a big thing if they have a few servers open for players on ASE and have another company run it like they do on Nintendo switch. It doesn't matter if it's another game system it's still Ark SE. They could have done a whole lot of stuff for their Community instead we're getting nothing at all except a shutdown.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I did a bit of web crawling regarding PS4 and saved games and Sony's encryption. And I came across a thing (its in gitHub) called "Apollo" that runs on PS4 and claims to be able to mess around with save games. Specifically to be able to import a save game from a different machine. Perhaps this is way forward for the PS4 community? I don't have a console (of any kind) so cannot speak to how well this app works - but maybe someone out there wants to have a go? It may allow running your last "on-line" map as a single player map?

5 minutes ago, DirkInSA said:

I did a bit of web crawling regarding PS4 and saved games and Sony's encryption. And I came across a thing (its in gitHub) called "Apollo" that runs on PS4 and claims to be able to mess around with save games. Specifically to be able to import a save game from a different machine. Perhaps this is way forward for the PS4 community? I don't have a console (of any kind) so cannot speak to how well this app works - but maybe someone out there wants to have a go? It may allow running your last "on-line" map as a single player map?

It's nice of you to be interested in the fate of ps4.  I will say that even if there was an app, you would have to have a hacked system.  Because normally you won't run any installer on ps4.  There is only one possible option that the friendly linux help is currently working on.

• Thanks 1

I just read the latest community crunch, now correct me if I'm wrong it says the only way to download the official server save backup is to purchase a server from your partner nitrado and of course they will pay you for every purchase.

so you are basically saying we have to give you money if we don't want to lose our progress on official server? correct me if I'm wrong guys

I don't think even EA which is reputed for the scummiest cash grabs, I don't think even EA ever pulled that one : pay us to keep your progress WOW !!! 😂 😂  😂

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, gingai said:

I just read the latest community crunch, now correct me if I'm wrong it says the only way to download the official server save backup is to purchase a server from your partner nitrado and of course they will pay you for every purchase.

so you are basically saying we have to give you money if we don't want to lose our progress on official server? correct me if I'm wrong guys

I don't think even EA which is reputed for the scummiest cash grabs, I don't think even EA ever pulled that one : pay us to keep your progress WOW !!! 😂 😂  😂

The save will probably be available for download from the WC/SG website, but for consoles, the ability to play on a saved map remains only on Nitrado.  

57 minutes ago, gingai said:

I really doubt the saves will be available for free, otherwise they would have given the url already, we'll see that in a couple of days

Everything is described, the file from the website and only Nitrado server will allow you to run this file.

Nitrado FAQ ;)

You will find the records here.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, gingai said:

I really doubt the saves will be available for free, otherwise they would have given the url already, we'll see that in a couple of days

The files will be free just like in 2017 when the game went live:

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/server-backups/

Hosting them on a Nitrado server will not be. 

On 8/27/2023 at 6:19 PM, gingai said:

Nope you're hearing it right that's exactly what's going to be happening for console players. We don't have the choice like PC players to have our own dedicated file or to go to unofficial servers. Seems like to me they're trying to gather money anyway they can because they will get a percentage of that back from the triangle. And of course not try to is horrible horrible server service. On unofficial it was a nightmare that's why I went to official service where I've been for quite a while. But it doesn't seem like they really care about what they're doing just how they can get any money as fast as possible. Where is Vin Diesel on all of this doesn't he see what's going on. Maybe not.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

Have you read the most recent Community Crunch, you can answer most of your own questions just by reading it.

image.png

so it says the time?

says the web site to use?

tells how they announce when ready to access?

could you highlight where those answers are? 

Edited by Frack

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Frack said:

as i already said about the CC

so it says the time?

If you read the crunch you know two things:

A. Those weren't covered

B. They won't be covered until a later announcement

32 minutes ago, Frack said:

as i already said about the CC

so it says the time?

If you had a look at one of my recent posts explaining to the player where to find what, find my post links are name and underlined.

Everything you are looking for is there.  Googlebyte doesn't bite xD

Edit:

What WC/SG says only has already alienated me from this game, or it's not clear, or oops, the date will move, it's very popular with them, what else is there to read, just wait for it to come out, then they'll delete it.  And it's just that the deadlines run away from me at work, the bonuses will be cut, and here?  Even for a server where we will be able to fire up autosaves, he values dearly.  And the fact Nitrado does not have good servos for the Ark. I had to create a movie and it ended up with 4 buildings and lags. Oh, it's a pity to write.

Edited by Noffek

1 hour ago, Frack said:

so it says the time?

If it's not covered in the CC then they haven't published it. Are you under the delusion that anyone here has psychic powers?

Since you can get to this web site I'm assuming your google works just as well as everyone else's.

Edited by Pipinghot
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

If it's not covered in the CC then they haven't published it. Are you under the delusion that anyone here has psychic powers?

Since you can get to this web site I'm assuming your google works just as well as everyone else's.

Why do you feel the need to give such a condesending answer?

With all due respect but I think it is not too much to ask to be clear on some important details beforehand such as;

1. the time, timerange when it will be available.. or at least give us a timezone so we get a rough estimated idea when they will attempt to make the server downloads available
  2. on which communication channel it will be available for download (webpage, discord, through steam app, FTP server etc.)
  3. how we actually wil know when it's available (or do you expect everyone to mass refresh a webpage continuesly for the entire day?)
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Well, A lot of times I have also trouble getting to the right info using Google. Google is far from perfect in a lot of cases.
Some people hava poor way of stating a question, some people have a certain tunnel vision overlooking what they are actualy looking for. Me, my Google algorithm is messed up. I am too adicted to Ark. Every search I type in a search it just starts with "Ark"; Ark how to properly boil pasta, Ark where to buy cheap ovengloves, Google Maps find the nearest Ark Fastfood restaurant, Sexy Ark girls. So... Getting the right answers from Google for me is a little blurry and chaotic to get to the right websites...

• Haha 1

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic