Utter chaos.

Cowgirl

So I am not 100% sure what happened, I think something spawned in my walls at a specific point and everything rushed to protect stuff. Anywho, this is what happens when a 4x4 building gets stuffed full of 10 beetles, 2 therizinos,, 2 phiomias, a doed, an oviraptor, a ptera, 3 turtles, a rex and a queztal. It took me forever to clean this mess up! Please excuse the flying beetle, he thinks that because his name is Dung King he is better than all the other beetles.

chaos.jpg

3 hours ago, Yggdrassil said:

I bet you actually tried that bug that unlocks all engrams and gives you bunch of element by standing in the middle of your base and spamming 'J' didnt you?........ 😛

For a second I thought you were serious and that there was some bug that I didnt know about LOL. I changed from J a LOOOONG time ago lol

2 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Post image

Mine is more "if something spawned in your base" (which I am pretty sure is programmed to happen any time I organize my stuff, I have weighed a lot of stuff down these days) I moved my "follow all" off of J a long time ago, its too easy to accidentally press. Mine is the - on the num pad xD 

• Volunteer Moderator
20 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

"if something spawned in your base"

From what I know; it's not that they "spawn" directly inside your base, but clip in when rendered because they are being loaded before non-static player-made structures and that their AI kicks in and perform moves while there is no known obstruction. That said, if you are on unofficial (or single-player on a platform that allows you to configure your launch parameters), then you could use the following option:

-UnstasisDinoObstructionCheck

Which I believe should help prevent such issues within 15,000 units (roughly ~100 foundations).

15 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

From what I know; it's not that they "spawn" directly inside your base, but clip in when rendered because they are being loaded before non-static player-made structures and that their AI kicks in and perform moves while there is no known obstruction. That said, if you are on unofficial (or single-player on a platform that allows you to configure your launch parameters), then you could use the following option:

Which I believe should help prevent such issues within 15,000 units (roughly ~100 foundations).

Thats possible, I am trying to not go into too much detail because in case anyone tries to use it to exploit but there was definitely loading in when it must have happened. I cant think how else a rex and Q (with a platform) would end up in a teeny beetle barn with a dino gate being the biggest entrance xD I suppose if a troodon had been against my wall when it happened it could have rushed into the beetle barn.

On 2/20/2022 at 10:12 AM, invincibleqc said:

I am sorry, where did this command pop out from ?
Please confirm it's an actual working thing and not just a random guess ?

• Volunteer Moderator
21 hours ago, shiny said:

I am sorry, where did this command pop out from ?
Please confirm it's an actual working thing and not just a random guess ?

I cannot confirm that it "actually works", or as a matter of fact, that this is "precisely what it does" because I never actually tested it. What I can confirm, however, is that this parameter exists, and that when defined, an obstruction check with a distance of 15000 units is being performed whenever a creature is being "unstasised". So, according to its name, as well as what it [appears] to internally be doing, I believe it should help with such issues.

Archived