Jump to content

Best place to get ascendant shotguns.


Recommended Posts

Water cave on Crystal Isles, lots of crates and they generally re-spawn fast

Island they're in the red crates in the swamp cave and blue, yellow & red in the water caves

Those are my go to for farming them, also check deep sea/desert crates, the red crate in the lava cave on Valguero (very rare) and the lava golem as they drop them as well

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, RageQuitter said:

Water cave on Crystal Isles, lots of crates and they generally re-spawn fast

Island they're in the red crates in the swamp cave and blue, yellow & red in the water caves

Those are my go to for farming them, also check deep sea/desert crates, the red crate in the lava cave on Valguero (very rare) and the lava golem as they drop them as well

Where is this Crystal isles water cave? Also there is lava golems, on which map?

sorry this is new for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lava golem is a mini boss on Ragnarok, I've not fought it for ages but used to be an easy kill using a velonasaur if you have access to Extinction dinos

Crystal Isles water cave is pretty big and has 3 entrances, I go to an iceberg at 18 40ish and get in the water there, if you look towards blue ob from the iceberg the cave entrance is down and to your right

 

I'd explore it in creative mode first just to get used to the layout as there's a lot of tunnels and easy to get lost at first, if you do it in live play try and take some spare scuba tanks and a mount with plenty of weight, preferably a basi as you can get a ton of black pearls as well as a lot of loot plus there might be the odd mosa or plesi in there, most of the time it's just mantas, jellys, eels and eurypterids you have to worry about

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RageQuitter said:

Lava golem is a mini boss on Ragnarok, I've not fought it for ages but used to be an easy kill using a velonasaur if you have access to Extinction dinos

Crystal Isles water cave is pretty big and has 3 entrances, I go to an iceberg at 18 40ish and get in the water there, if you look towards blue ob from the iceberg the cave entrance is down and to your right

 

I'd explore it in creative mode first just to get used to the layout as there's a lot of tunnels and easy to get lost at first, if you do it in live play try and take some spare scuba tanks and a mount with plenty of weight, preferably a basi as you can get a ton of black pearls as well as a lot of loot plus there might be the odd mosa or plesi in there, most of the time it's just mantas, jellys, eels and eurypterids you have to worry about

since he's looking to acquire things, most likely he means an x-golem , not "the Lava elemental" from center.

To acquire a tame that looks like this, he needs to go to genesis to tame one or trade with another player to get one.

59D7FAAA6A971F884D027A79C7968AAB0281E424

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

since he's looking to acquire things, most likely he means an x-golem , not "the Lava elemental" from center.

To acquire a tame that looks like this, he needs to go to genesis to tame one or trade with another player to get one.

59D7FAAA6A971F884D027A79C7968AAB0281E424

 

 

But hes specifically asking where to get asc shotgun bps so he definitely talking about the lava golem boss on rag

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Piffguru said:

But hes specifically asking where to get asc shotgun bps so he definitely talking about the lava golem boss on rag

ah i see, this is something I've never taken on.  THank you for informing me, I didn't know that was an avenue to pick up those bps.  I've just gotten them doing extinction OSDs.   While paid DLCs are off the table, they are absurdly plentiful on extinction.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrumpyBear said:

ah i see, this is something I've never taken on.  THank you for informing me, I didn't know that was an avenue to pick up those bps.  I've just gotten them doing extinction OSDs.   While paid DLCs are off the table, they are absurdly plentiful on extinction.

Yea the lava golem gives lots of good stuff but the cave itself that hes found in has lots of red drops that you can get very good stuff out of. I would say some of the best places for blueprints is the lava golem cave, ice worm cave, underwater cave on Crystal Isles is decent but the best quality stuff usually comes from OSD's as you mentioned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Further note to improve quality of drops, you can tame a liopleurodon w/ some honey to boost drop quality and improve your chances of a good bp dropping.  They are really easy to find in the SE corner of the ocean by herbivore island.

I find em everywhere....worst part is, I seem to notice a drop in quality whenever I tame them up in single player. Im not sure whats up with that, but for the past 3 times Iv tamed them in order to get the buff, it always feels like a nerf. =/
No lipo buff, ascendent saddle this, mastercraft that. Lipo buff, journeyman cloth this, apprentice club.....in the swamp cave even. >.> 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wizard03 said:

I find em everywhere....worst part is, I seem to notice a drop in quality whenever I tame them up in single player. Im not sure whats up with that, but for the past 3 times Iv tamed them in order to get the buff, it always feels like a nerf. =/
No lipo buff, ascendent saddle this, mastercraft that. Lipo buff, journeyman cloth this, apprentice club.....in the swamp cave even. >.> 

That is not in the least bit surprising.  I haven't used it as much on island yet.  But on crystal isles on official , we see better #s for sure.  Where we have trouble finding saddle bps with armor over 92 before taming one, we regularly start to find saddle bps w/ armor over 100 afterwards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

That is not in the least bit surprising.  I haven't used it as much on island yet.  But on crystal isles on official , we see better #s for sure.  Where we have trouble finding saddle bps with armor over 92 before taming one, we regularly start to find saddle bps w/ armor over 100 afterwards.

I truly wonder if its a bug or a feature.....I just found another ascension theri BP, 75 armor. o.O 
Gonna be a pain to harvest 50k hide per saddle tho. XD

Edited by wizard03
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, zero064 said:

Wow, I must be horribly unlucky with shotguns. After three years of loot crates, Santa drops and OSDs the best I've got is a 278% with 1800 durability.

well Im playing solo right now.....Sadly there is some form of heavy duty security check in place that will not allow me to play online useing a mobile hotspot device as my main source of internet {which is the only form of high speed in my area, the only other internet hookup option is literally dial up.....yeah, ducking 7.2 KILObytes of dial up}

With that said, I have not adjusted the loot quality or anything, but I seem to always be getting ascendant this, mastercraft that. In fact the only time I ever got anything less that that, was the 3 different occasions I would tame up a lipourdon.....only then was I seeing journeyman and apprentice items......its rather weird. o.O

 

So on the one hand, yeah seems solo runs right now give you OP drops, even on default settings, but in the event that you tame up a lipourdon, you might get my style of goodies on a official server.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...