12 hours ago, Fes said:

Rockwell wasn't made by the element though. He went mad over it, injected it into his body and became what we fight on aberration.

The titans on the other hand were made by the element, they were kind of born out of it and are connected to it, so i guess that answers the original question ?

Well technically Rockwell was "made" by the element. Before his injection he was a normal survivor, albeit a little crazy, but then he turned into the monster he is.

I think @Bigchingus7890 was wondering if any other beings had also been transformed into similar monsters when they said made. It'd be interesting if there were a separate group of "deus" who are deformed monsters as a counterpart to the homo deus.

• Thanks 2
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting idea. The element on this planet could be element in its natural form and coexists with the life on the planet. An amount of element could have then traveled to Earth by methods unkno

Actually the simulation doesn’t simulate where we are going. That was never it’s purpose. It was to get us ready for the extremes. Every environment and creature was taken to a extreme so we are ready

No idea on 1 For 2, I'd say at least a year after Genesis Part 2 is released, probably longer, but less than 3 years for sure. That is assuming that they are, in fact, working on Ark 2 after Gene

Posted Images

8 hours ago, LEDminer said:

Well technically Rockwell was "made" by the element. Before his injection he was a normal survivor, albeit a little crazy, but then he turned into the monster he is.

I guess i misunderstood what was meant by "made" then.

8 hours ago, LEDminer said:

I think @Bigchingus7890 was wondering if any other beings had also been transformed into similar monsters when they said made. It'd be interesting if there were a separate group of "deus" who are deformed monsters as a counterpart to the homo deus.

Yeah, it would be pretty interesting to see another corrupted person that isn't completely part of the elements hive mind

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, LEDminer said:

Yea pretty much. And also are they going to be in genesis part 2

• Like 1
13 hours ago, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

Maybe Rockwell decides to find the other Rockwells (or make more) to build a corrupt army. 

He kind of has an Army already ?

On Aberration he's able to control the reapers and nameless, due to their strong ties to the element. Idk if that counts, since they aren't exactly corrupted but still.

But the specific case you mentioned maybe already happened, namely inside the genesis simulation.

The corrupt master controller has the corrupted Avatars and dinos to his disposal, which fits the bill of a corrupt army.

The only thing we don't know if he is just a digital copy of rockwell or the actual rockwell being connected to the simulation.

13 hours ago, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

Maybe Rockwell decides to find the other Rockwells (or make more) to build a corrupt army. 

Well Rockwell was an overseer at one point. The overseer controls what happens on the arks, one of these mechanisms is by creating new organisms and sending them down to the ark (explaining how the impossible ecosystems can exist.)

The survivors are also created by the arks, and since the overseer is the master of the ark, it would have the ability to create new survivors, right?

He could already have a corrupted army somewhere... But it still doesn't explain what he wants to do with the simulation.

Aliens. I can go in-depth with this one later, but it would make sense. We already know that the games PixARK, Atlas and ARK Survival Evolved share ideas with eachother. (Fun fact: Cryopods were originally and roughly a PixARK concept if I am correct) Last year I correctly theorized that we would be seeing enemy-NPC survivors for the first time in ARK. This theory was based off of the fact that we get a Corrupted Avatar skin from unveiling discoveries with Mini HLN-A AND the fact that in both Atlas and Pixark there are other NPC "Survivor" enemies. (Damned and Zombies)

In PixARK, there is a free DLC: Skyward. In this DLC "Colbaltians" (Aliens) with access to Tek-Tier items wreak havoc upon the world of PixARK, transforming the world and killing any Survivors in their way.

Let's say that we REALLY are in fact on a Colony Ship going to a new, alien planet. Perhaps we can find the origins of Tek there- or atleast the origins of Element.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What if we are going to an alien planet filled with Element that Rockwell has chosen to play host to his "New World".

I could see this DLC ending up as follows:

Genesis. Literally what Genesis is simulating (In planet forme), with connected biomes. Or perhaps an alien planet with Moons?

Another Dead Earth DLC. (Would love this!)

Something put of this world that we weren't at ALL expecting. (We won't know until we see, will we? :))

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, ImOnFyre said:

Oh my...... the new ark announcement poster... wow.ARK_Gen2_Promo_poster.png

I don’t even know where to begin.

Let's seperate the aspects of the image and go through them one by one.

The first point is this thing in the middle. At first glance, one might assume that it's a vehicle, but if we look closer we can see that it actually appears to be a creature wearing a tek saddle. I have seen people that already call it "space shark" so lets go with that for now. The space shark is probably a creature like the astrocetus, except it's based off a different maritime animal. Since most of it's body is covered up by the saddle, we can't see much beside some fins and it's underbelly and it's still up to speculation what this creature exactly is.

Now, as for the saddle, unlike most of the other tek saddles, it doesn't seem to have any kind of weaponry.  Instead it features thrusters at the back, so we can assume that the space shark is gonna be somewhat fast with its saddle. What's also interesting is the fact that the saddle has an actual cockpit. While some tek saddles feature something resembling one ( Desert Titan and Astrocetus for example ), this is the first time we get something that actually could function as one. To me it looks like this would close when the player gets into it, which would be really cool IMO.

Let's get to the rest of the image, starting with the player and his environment. We can clearly see him running towards the space shark on some kind of tek catwalk, while there are tentacles creeping up behind him. The tentacles probably belong to either rockwell himself or something corrupted by him.
There's not much to explain here, maybe the fact that the player is wearing the federation tek suit is interesting ( it doesn't have thrusters like the normal one) , but we already knew that from the genesis ending cutscene.

As for the background, we can see three things there:

The first is some kind of halo-esque structure beneath the player that we can also see arching upwards behind the space shark. If we zoom in on it, there appears to be a landscape on it, but also what i can describe best as some sort of metal structures, like the ones on extinction, although these seem to have a different form. My theory is that this is the colony ship mentioned by the HLNA in the genesis ending cutscene. I explained in an earlier post that the giant ring in the ocean biomes sky is basically what the ship looks like and i feel like this promo poster confirms that to a certain degree. As for why or where the colony ship brought us, that is still unclear.

The second and third thing that we can see are space and a planet . So we know that the colony ship still is in space, but near a planet, so we could assume that we might get to travel from the colony ship to the planet, through the actual space inbetween.  Now for the planet itself.

I think it's an alien planet. This doesn't look like the earth, because even in it's corrupted state it still appeared pretty brownish. The planets general appearance is somewhat purple in general and in addition to that, we can also see purple and red lights on its dark side. My theory is, that we arrived at another planet overrun by element, or actually the elements source itself. I would say that the colony ship ended up here because of rockwell and his obsession with element. Since he hijacked parts of the simulation i can also imagine him being able to control parts of the ship and thus changing it's original destination.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My theory for Genesis Part 2 even before we knew many details about Genesis 1 was the homeworld theory. Also what I find interesting is the color of the saddle. The design looks like tek but the coloring doesn’t match anything even similar to tek we have seen before. The only colors we have seen associated with it so far have been Chrome, Black, Blue, Purple, and Green. Which is why I find this odd.

Also the red dots on the dark side of the planet. They seem to be just like the lights of cities on earth. They seem to be clustered in the Same way.

Edited by ImOnFyre
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, ImOnFyre said:

Also what I find interesting is the color of the saddle. The design looks like tek but the coloring doesn’t match anything even similar to tek we have seen before. The only colors we have seen associated with it so far have been Chrome, Black, Blue, Purple, and Green. Which is why I find this odd.

I really wouldn't think too much about the colours because the poster is a reference to an old, iconic anime movie called akira, so they just made it red for that reason. I attached an image so you can see for yourself.

13 minutes ago, ImOnFyre said:

Also the red dots on the dark side of the planet. They seem to be just like the lights of cities on earth. They seem to be clustered in the Same way.

Yeah i also noticed that. It even appears that these clusters of dots are connected. If you zoom in, you can see some straight lines going from cluster to cluster

Akira.jpg

• Like 1
On 10/14/2020 at 9:48 AM, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

What if we are going to an alien planet filled with Element that Rockwell has chosen to play host to his "New World".

I could see this DLC ending up as follows:

Genesis. Literally what Genesis is simulating (In planet forme), with connected biomes. Or perhaps an alien planet with Moons?

Another Dead Earth DLC. (Would love this!)

Something put of this world that we weren't at ALL expecting. (We won't know until we see, will we? :))

I belive the whole map may have a Rockwell tentical theme to is as it spreads, but all connected as it’s already overrun...

5 hours ago, Fes said:

Let's seperate the aspects of the image and go through them one by one.

The first point is this thing in the middle. At first glance, one might assume that it's a vehicle, but if we look closer we can see that it actually appears to be a creature wearing a tek saddle. I have seen people that already call it "space shark" so lets go with that for now. The space shark is probably a creature like the astrocetus, except it's based off a different maritime animal. Since most of it's body is covered up by the saddle, we can't see much beside some fins and it's underbelly and it's still up to speculation what this creature exactly is.

Now, as for the saddle, unlike most of the other tek saddles, it doesn't seem to have any kind of weaponry.  Instead it features thrusters at the back, so we can assume that the space shark is gonna be somewhat fast with its saddle. What's also interesting is the fact that the saddle has an actual cockpit. While some tek saddles feature something resembling one ( Desert Titan and Astrocetus for example ), this is the first time we get something that actually could function as one. To me it looks like this would close when the player gets into it, which would be really cool IMO.

Let's get to the rest of the image, starting with the player and his environment. We can clearly see him running towards the space shark on some kind of tek catwalk, while there are tentacles creeping up behind him. The tentacles probably belong to either rockwell himself or something corrupted by him.
There's not much to explain here, maybe the fact that the player is wearing the federation tek suit is interesting ( it doesn't have thrusters like the normal one) , but we already knew that from the genesis ending cutscene.

As for the background, we can see three things there:

The first is some kind of halo-esque structure beneath the player that we can also see arching upwards behind the space shark. If we zoom in on it, there appears to be a landscape on it, but also what i can describe best as some sort of metal structures, like the ones on extinction, although these seem to have a different form. My theory is that this is the colony ship mentioned by the HLNA in the genesis ending cutscene. I explained in an earlier post that the giant ring in the ocean biomes sky is basically what the ship looks like and i feel like this promo poster confirms that to a certain degree. As for why or where the colony ship brought us, that is still unclear.

The second and third thing that we can see are space and a planet . So we know that the colony ship still is in space, but near a planet, so we could assume that we might get to travel from the colony ship to the planet, through the actual space inbetween.  Now for the planet itself.

I think it's an alien planet. This doesn't look like the earth, because even in it's corrupted state it still appeared pretty brownish. The planets general appearance is somewhat purple in general and in addition to that, we can also see purple and red lights on its dark side. My theory is, that we arrived at another planet overrun by element, or actually the elements source itself. I would say that the colony ship ended up here because of rockwell and his obsession with element. Since he hijacked parts of the simulation i can also imagine him being able to control parts of the ship and thus changing it's original destination.

Space fish clearly, espicaly with that lip there and “Fishy” as stated by WC, I think we are assuming this is our space craft, or new ride, as it will be the only thing that can traverse to diffrent biomes maybe? As for the planets I would like to point out some things, first of there is 3(oh wait the one to the right might just be my imagination, the curve of the ship makes it look that way)(unless the one we are kind of on is the space shuttle thing which I belive so) one is to the right and blends in with the background... 

also maybe the source of element, and the residents just found it about when humans did? Also maybe we can expect the corrupted inhabites of this planet? Thad be intresting... 

5 hours ago, ImOnFyre said:

My theory for Genesis Part 2 even before we knew many details about Genesis 1 was the homeworld theory. Also what I find interesting is the color of the saddle. The design looks like tek but the coloring doesn’t match anything even similar to tek we have seen before. The only colors we have seen associated with it so far have been Chrome, Black, Blue, Purple, and Green. Which is why I find this odd.

Like said above, it’s based on another poster,  and I do belive your city theory is correct... 

Edited by Dinobros2000
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Fes said:

If you zoom in, you can see some straight lines going from cluster to cluster

Yeah I noticed that. There seems to be at least 2 lines between each city so I would say highways or trains. 

Also I made a version of the picture with brightness enhanced but there wasn’t that much I noticed with it. Other than that there are definitely tek structures that resemble the borders of the domes in extinction lining the rings. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

Aliens or humans is the question, I’m thinking aliens

I actually disagree. I think the cities are human. And it’s for these reasons:

1. We have no clue how long they could have been there.

2. We have no clue how long it takes one of the ships to travel to that planet.

3. Why would Rockwell want to go to a civilization of aliens when he has no clue if he can use them for his needs?

4. If Rockwell didn’t reprogram the ships destination why would we go to a planet of potentially dangerous and hostile sentient life forms?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, ImOnFyre said:

I actually disagree. I think the cities are human. And it’s for these reasons:

1. We have no clue how long they could have been there.

2. We have no clue how long it takes one of the ships to travel to that planet.

3. Why would Rockwell want to go to a civilization of aliens when he has no clue if he can use them for his needs?

4. If Rockwell didn’t reprogram the ships destination why would we go to a planet of potentially dangerous and hostile sentient life forms?

I think it’s aliens

as the theme seams to be tilting toward elements home world and such, I assume the Rockwell, will have control over these aliens as they are element infested, and judging by the fact I doubt WC would EVER add NPCs, and they have been doing more alien creatures in part one, and the teasers seam alien, plus, learning how an alien civilization got destroyed/corrupted, may be more interesting lore... lastly how do we know these aliens are hostile?

• Thanks 1