Hackers in PvE - What's the point in playing?

Thimee

So a hacker somehow managed to glitch into my locked bookcase and steal 100 blueprints, most master-craft and higher.

What's the point in playing if hundreds of hours of grinding can be lost in the blink of an eye? I created a ticket: 1674128 but who knows if there is actually any recourse, and how can one prevent this from happening again?

Uugh, I'm so pissed off right now. Perhaps this is the motivation I need to delete Ark.

1 hour ago, AwesomeCL said:

how is that possible? lol

Bookcase was accidentally unlocked, for example. Then all that is left to do is phaze through walls which is not uncommon in ark.

Also, once in a while you will see griefers with admin privileges, might have been one of those cases.

Worst part of it is that  even if you have video evidence showing whole process and screenshots of your bookcase inventory with all bp's and their details. Best case scenario is griefer gets one of his accounts banned and switches to next one. Player is still screwed and gets no compensation eventhough he did everything right and had no control over this. He will get a letter with support patting him on the back and telling how much they understand and feel his pain, but won't do anything about it.

2 hours ago, AwesomeCL said:

how is that possible? lol

Dude who knows it could be possible. Past patch updates there was an Ark Account tribe Exploit which was to clone a character to be in youe tribe and take everything. I just made a post too regarding to my wyvern name changing and an unknown ascendant longneck in my smithy that i never owned. Either it was being hacked from being in a party to grab your IP thinking he is a "friend" or admkn cheat by using 2 ps4. Who knows. All they need is your specimen ID. Doesnt even make sense how single player skins you achieve or use admin cheats to get skins be available to your online character. THAT alone proves something in single player and multiplayer is some what connected. They even did a patch recently about being able to download dinos from non dedicated to dedicated servers. That means loading up single player dinos into the Ob and being downloadable in your multiplayer official dedicated server. You going to think "how is that possible?" now? Read the past patch notes and you will understand what he is saying could be possible. If Ark single player settings stuff which is why it was reset over and over until they fix the issue so players dont abuse that exploit. They obviously didnt fix it all since skins and costumes are still able to be linked to multiplayer. Like how is that possible is a question for that. After 3 mini maps explored and you explore any other maps they erase that links to your online server. You erase your single player profile and your skins AND your mini maps online erases. So why is mini map online erased if you erase single player profile but when you explore? Also, if you explore maps in single player it makes a seperate saved file for map data for single player but when you play online it doesn't. No saved data. Only config and profile when only playing online. How is that seperated and how is some data that are seperated linked and what is linked seperated on certain data. If you played for 5 to 6 years you would notice these things. Especially if you do alot of testing to help the ark community like I have to lets the Devs know. It really isn't funny when you spend alot of time in ark. We all decide to not hang out with our real life friends to hang out with fake or real internet friends. Regardless the griefers and hackers must truly be people you shouldn't trust in real life either

5 hours ago, Thimee said:

So a hacker somehow managed to glitch into my locked bookcase and steal 100 blueprints, most master-craft and higher.

What's the point in playing if hundreds of hours of grinding can be lost in the blink of an eye? I created a ticket: 1674128 but who knows if there is actually any recourse, and how can one prevent this from happening again?

Uugh, I'm so pissed off right now. Perhaps this is the motivation I need to delete Ark.

Would you care to explain to me if you were in pve or pvp? I might not have the same situation but its possible it might come down to it since my wyverns name was changed today and a longneck i dont own was inside my smithy the day before. 2 months ago my email was compromised and psn app erased while i was using it. Everything on that part was quickly changed and contacted playstation. Either through party, images downloaded from facebook ark group trading. Party maybe because of IP address and somehow able to mirror your account and access it if your type your password..idk yet either but can you give a bit more details how and what proof you provided if you werent there besides what was there and wasnt? Because that wont be enough proof as you can just put them somewhere else. Unless you have a video in the action

I was on official server - NA PvE 891, Island. I have a treehouse build on the NW side of redwood mountain if you wanted to take a look.

No video evidence - who expects to be cleaned out from a LOCKED bookshelf on a PvE server? I'm super careful to always close the door when not home, since a lot of other tribes were reporting griefing in global chat that day.

Haven't heard back from support, they're either backlogged or perhaps just don't care. I think this event is probably the end of Ark for me, there is no way I feel like grinding countless hours of caves to rebuild my blueprints. If I don't hear back from them by midweek I'm going to demolish my base and call it quits for good - I'm not investing the time and energy if everything can be lost in the blink of an eye.

On 8/1/2020 at 2:26 PM, Thimee said:

How many members are in your tribe and does the book shelf have a pin code, has it ever been unlocked.

Solo player in my tribe.

I NEVER unlock my bookcase, and when I have used blueprints to build stuff for other players (I'm one of the nice guys), I will build a temporary smithy etc. out of base range. Yeah I'm extra careful, this bookshelf was in no way accidentally unlocked.

Got the "too bad so sad" response on my ticket:

Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 1.48.50 PM.png

34 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

I still doubt that it's a hacker. Sometimes due to lag, you may end up unlocking containers instead of opening them. No matter how careful you are, it can happen.

Have other people lost their items like this? You should have asked on your server.

This. Its suprisingly easy to unlock storage accidentally. You only need to lag half a second or approach from bad angle and ”e” press actually unlocks the box and not open its inventory. For that exact reason i only use ”f” to access stuff.

we had a hacker in 77 do the same , going into several bases checking content of vaults and cryofridges. 1 player had to start from scratch, lost everything. you think they all had there stuff unlocked ?... rollback was denied even though gm's where alerted and aware of it right away while hacker was in 77, friends with connections confirmed this. my posts on forum all got deleted, thats why nobody knows much about these incidents.

Well, I just deleted my amazing treehouse base, and gave everything away to those that wanted. Got a great send-off from everyone on the server, final goodbyes!

I feel liberated, no more sleepless nights getting angry over how poorly Ark support looks after legitimate players.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Sucks what happened to you, truly.

I would recommend you to take a look at unofficial servers, lots of options with various settings and mods that could suit your playstyle.
And usually more active admins that actually helps the players instead of ignoring them...

Granted there are rotten eggs there as well, but less so on pve servers. Search around and I'm sure you'll find a happy home!

Archived