Is this taming method still possible?

Works fine with a high stam quetz, can even do it with a finished box as when the trap quetz is being ridden the wild clips in. Once in, dismount, tranq & tame - do NOT remount until the tame's finished or the wild will clip back out & fall to the ground. Can also carry custom stam food to feed to the trap quetz if it doesn't have enough stam for the tame.

Yes, It is possible. But ever since Patch 256.0, the difference is that your Quetzalcoatlus won't recover stamina mid-air.[1] Just clip the wild Quetzalcoatlus into the trap and K.O it. Just make sure not to move your Trap Quetzalcoatlus once the wild one is trapped otherwise it will fall to the ground. Custom consumables with infused stamina may work (not a 100% on this).[2] Or you can use a leash on an Equus to drag the K.Oed Quetzalcoatlus to a safezone.

P.S: The Quetzalcoatlus will regain stamina if no one is standing on it.

On 8/4/2019 at 2:34 PM, AngrySaltire said:

I would imagine this is still possible, the only problem being that quetzals can no longer regen stamina mid air, so depending on rates the tamed quetz might not have enough stamina to last the tame.

Saying that I think I had trouble competing the trap mid air the last time I tried this method ages ago. 

Try taking a grapple hook with you. Grapple to ceiling of box or saddle of quetz. Can’t remember which one works

Archived