Eggs from Event Drakes , Wyverns , will they hatch event after its over ?

Yanozha

Ok folks here is the question, I've been asked this a few times today so far. Do eggs gathered from Event Drake or Wyvern , still hatch with their event colors after the event is over , and you know when you've farmed an event egg , I don't mean just out gathering and praying for one. My answer was , I think they do but im not entirely sure, and while there is still time to correct a wrong answer I come here to the ark masses. Does any one know for certain or can point me to something in the wiki that states if they do or don't ? ,, thanks !! 

I am not entirely sure, but it seems logical if they have event colors.

It spawned during the event. That means you already had a Rock Drake/Wyvern with fixed colours. You just have to hatch them. 

According to the wiki, the baby drake/wyvern has the same colors as the mother, which can be found near the nest, sometimes. That means that the wyvern/drake already has fixed colours. 

20 hours ago, Weiss said:

Colors and stats are set when a female gets pregnant/an egg is laid.

At birth the gender and number of babies is determined.

Interesting. Day before yesterday was a terrible day in ARK for me. I hatched a number of creatures and lost all that time in a server rollback. One of those creatures was a mutated green Giga. The egg came from a male with lousy stats but the green color mutation, and a female that had all the best stats of my various Gigas combined into one. It got moms stats & dads color mutation. I still have the now unhatched egg. So from what you've said, when I re-hatch that egg, it should be the green mutated color it inherited from dad, and still have the great stats from mom... it just may not be male again, or it could even be twins/triplets of various genders... correct?

@DeHammer
speaking from my own experience, yes, it should still hatch green and with the same stats.

I once had a server roll back 10+ times after a patch, and my thyla gave birth to the same baby/babies every time. Magenta stripes, yellow body, grey belly, same stats. I had a single male, then twins, some single males and females, twins again and so on and ended with triplets, two female one male (yay!) The only difference each birth was the number and genders.

I had a similar thing happen but with argy eggs. Hatched a ugly and bad stat one, server rolled back, got the same colors and stats again. I don't remember the gender though.

Edit: please report back here when you hatch your eggs again, and share if it's the same or not, thanks!

Archived