Remove or Increase Tether on Xbox

Detrik

Suggestion

Let's start this off with the fact that so many console players (who play with friends/family) are unhappy with tether distance... probably more than 70% of the ark console community...personally I just bought ark for the Xbox and I can't even play it without wanting to throw my remote across the room...I have over 100 hours of ark on steam and they have a tether distance option!!! So why can't Xbox have a tether distance option!!!!! It's said because it causes performance issues...but my laptop can run it on low at around 30 fps and the tether distance doesn't affect it at all...so Xbox should have no issue... Please studio wild card...at least give us the option!!! If you want to throw out a warning that it could cause performance issues then do it...but add tether distance options back into non dedicated servers!!!!!!!!! If you agree please comment on this post bc it's about time that studio wild card sees this and acts upon it!!!

• Answers 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

82 replies to this server topic

Hi, I play on ark on the xbox and I find it very annoying that my friends can't go far away from me. I think that you should get rid of this boundary so we can work on separate things in game and so I don't have to follow them around so they can do what they need to do.  Another problem I'm facing is I can't see other players names unless I'm 2 feet away from them. This is a problem for me because I can't find where they are if they need my help, and also can't find them if I need to get close to them because of your boundary you have set. So I think you need to get rid of this boundary because it causes so many problems.

On the steam version, the tether can be extended. But still an issue with caves or other areas considered different zones. Also, for the steam version its simple to setup a dedicated server as long as you can port forward and have a spare PC to run a server.

For console turning off tether is like asking for permission to destroy your console. And it will not pass the certification process. 

Console options are to rent a dedicated server.

The tether is there so you can play the game with out fault. Me and my friends used to play with the tether way before unofficial ever existed. But the main thing I recall from that was when ever the host died the tether broke. Thus the everyone crashed out of the session. The point being that both the console and PC tether is there for a reason. If the tether wasn't there the game would kill your console or PC. 

Your best bet is to find a unofficial server or gather your friends together and host your own server. I'm doing that now for those same friends and we are having a blast. 

PLEASE ADD NON DEEICATED TETHER DISTANCE TO PS4

Please me and my friends cant play a world together on ps4 without being pulled to each other please we just want to enjoy the game together we had to have another ps4 set up to host a dedicated just to play and we cant do dlc games together please fix or just make it so there is not distance limiter in non dedicated please

Its not something that can happen due to console limitations. If you want to play with your friend your best bet is to find a server to play on, there's plenty of unofficial servers out there so you'll find something that suits your play style sooner or later, or you could set up your own if you really wanted to play with just your friend.

l just want to fry my ps4 sure there's tons of ways do it especially on ark but i want to fry it with my friends on ark with no border  give a warning for those who just like to mess with the settings like how minecraft (example minecraft does not take nearly that much as ark) does with amplifed world thats it, it warns you if you dont have a beefy computer then dont do it, long story short i want that bar ,actually i be fine if they allowed me to make it smaller every five seconds i teleport my friend that be fun too to be honest i dont evening care i was look for how to make dye with a water skin ima gonna make my house purple but then i got here 

I suspect the game would crash before the console melts down. The load would be to much & then, DC. Its not like a gas engine you are red lining or even a PC you are over clocking. Just a suspicion on my part. As far as running hot....I could fry eggs on my PS4...but thats been the case for years for me. Not 1 issue, knock on wood

The 1X was pushed in part with an extended teather on Ark as a feature putting it above the stock box. Not anymore, but its not like its rare for xbox to pull features or break promises. I guess that 1X wasnt as strong as they thought & they are worried about its limits being showcased?

4 hours ago, LockieDragneel said:

can you get rid of the console single player border!!!

the single player border ruins the game for me and friends cause we would want to build a base in different places of the map but we can't because of the border.

could you please remove the border or make it an option to turn off

btw I play on the ps4

There is a reason why there is a border. Its almost as if the console couldnt handle it. You either have to put up with the border orrent a server. 

On 3/1/2019 at 12:33 AM, SaltyMonkey said:

You can remain unhappy because they will never get rid of the tether. They added the distance slider by mistake but that option is only available for PC’s because of the many different specifications, and a low spec PC is still better than a console. Consoles do not have the hardware capability to support the increase.

On 6/18/2019 at 7:00 PM, VladimireWolf said:

I was running a local split screen with the slider on ps4 pro and had no issues also I did it on a non dedicated server  still has no issues I wish they would being it back it made the game a lot better

@SaltyMonkey  Is that really so? It seems some people had no issues and they even had a slider back then. raptoring lol... this game is a joke... They can't even fix the Pve building issue on console and PC... Pathetic

I've literally played on console before where you could increase tether distance and they removed it. It wasnt causing many, if any errors, on the original Xbox one. They probably removed it with the bigger updates because they knew the larger scaled or more detailed maps would cause problems. It sucks now but.... I'll still play. Wish they could increase it just a bit though...

Man I am about to sell all of my ARK stuff that I have acquired over the years, i used to suggest it to people all the time but now I wouldn't suggest to to my worst enemy for the insanity that it causes, Does anybody at wild card even play the game? because it takes less than 5 minutes to find out for yourself how effin enraging it is!!!

Archived