Sign in to follow this  
Owataday

Official Orp needs server settings changed

Suggestion

These servers are ruined by tribes hiding behind shadow tribes offline gates. These same tribes can set a pin for the gate and actually use it. I have been ignored by wildcard and I don't want to cheat myself. If the community could shine a light on this topic, maybe just maybe wildcard will take there thumbs out and police there own servers. Also tribes can actually set up an entire base with tek level stuff as another tribe, then log back in and use it with no fear of being attacked because the base is offline. It's actually kinda funny how this has gone on for so long. Shame on you wildcard SHAME SHAME SHAME

92 replies to this server topic

Posted (edited)

Exploit: to make use of (a situation) in a way considered unfair or underhanded

Whether or not this situation is specifically described and outlined in the rules is irrelevant, The fact is it is an exploit by definition, People who think that if something isnt specifically outlined or described in the rules then it must be fine, This is wrong, the reason WC have a broad ended clause pertaining to "exploits" is to cover these grey areas as to go out and describe and outline every possible exploit and work around that someone could achieve in the game is not realistic. Pretty much if something creates a situation where the intended mechanics and function of the game are being manipulated or not utilized as intended then it is an exploit.

I feel that anyone trying to argue against this point likely has a vested interest in the exploit itself and is thus trying to justify it. Bottom line is can situation x be classified as an exploit by the very definition of the word exploit? answer is yes, then cool situation x is an exploit. It really isnt Rocket science. If you seriously are expecting WC to try and brainstorm every potential exploit to the game so they can give you a detailed outline of what is classified as an exploit and what isnt, then you are living in a dreamland. Usually people with the mentality of "oh if it isnt specifically outlined in the rules to the letter of a t, then it cant be an exploit" are usually the same kinds of people who actively find and use exploits on regular basis.

Edited by HoboNation
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

It is relevant if WC only enforces explicitly written rules. Or when players riot, which is what this thread seems to be.

Rules don't really work when enforcement takes a couple months to catch up. So you know the GM's just respond that something like this isn't technically against the rules.

A rule isn't needed for this, just a change of settings. And once again this should be a suggestion. Get up votes on the suggestion version.

It's been tried two problems happen. People with no knowledge and don't play orp official ruin the thread or 2 a forum moderator locks or moves it never to be seen again.

4 hours ago, R3dHawk said:

This topic has gained traction on general forums so bumping this topic to see if we can get it brought up to the devs attention.

This got moved to suggestions. I upvoted because i think a setting change is warranted to fit with the premise of ORP servers. Hopefully it gets some dev attention.

18 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Get more people to upvote, now that this is properly in the suggestion section.

That last comment wasn't ment for here I was answering someone's question in a bug section who was asking why offline bases weren't fixed and it was merged here. No offence but this was the worst place for this topic to be merged as there's 4 different threads in here  and when they merge it it goes by dates so there is no productive flow of conversation. And to get to the front 2 or 3 pages u need like 15 votes which won't happen for an orp thread so this one will die like all the others. At least on the general forum we could make a little noise :)

19 minutes ago, Owataday said:

Ok off the top my head how about stopping tribes having access to gates by just setting up a pin. A lack of man power is a poor excuse that would not fly in most tech industries but gaming is different with its fan boy culture. 2 mins on these servers is all that is needed to see the issue. Tribes can get to there base because they have a pin for a gate that is not owned by the tribe and is in fact offline. 

A lack of man power is always an excuse when people expect you to maintain online services at cost.  changing the ability to access pin locked doors when on orp could be a work around good thing this was moved to suggestions so the devs can evaluate it :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheLastSpartan said:

Word my man. Im very surprised to not see as many complaint about meshing/duping/ddosing ruining the game. I've wrote a few posts myself but most people on these forums have no clue. Almost brainwashed that this game is perfect if you ask me! I've stopped playing this game after 8k hours on it. It's gone! No control over what happens in it!

You and I must be reading different forums. All I ever read on this forum and other platforms is about how bad this game is because of bugs, meshing, duping, ddosing, how rubbish the devs are etc etc. No one is brainwashed into thinking the game is perfect.

1 hour ago, R3dHawk said:

Please stop moving everyones post to the dumb dead game suggestion forum

No, put it there and let people vote for it if they want it. They re-did the forum to allow for that so put together your suggestion then advertise it on your servers to get people to vote it.

Offline raid protection glitch abuse

Almost every server that had offline raid protection has at least one tribe abusing the offline gates bug, placing gates on caves on different accounts and just refreshing their timers keeping them blocked and undestroyable, and they dont limit to gates only, some of them got whole indestructible bases. Do something , its been like this ever since those server came up

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Are shadow tribes actually against the rules?

Yes.

Report these people with video evidence. They get banned FAST. The trouble is getting video evidence that actually shows the cheating happening. If you get something that just shows an ORP gate, the GMs still may investigate the situation - they can pass right through that gate and check it to see if there is an offending tribe behind.

Wildcard is aware of this stuff and has been working on solutions for ORP servers. They just added some new features to ORP servers last patch!

Edited by jansenv

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Use a scout to video them opening a gate or somehow spyglass & video. Upload and include in all reports (NOT ON OFFICIAL FORUMS - name and shame rule) 

You can post it on reddit though! Video evidence is allowed there. Devs look more at that anyway.

Edited by jansenv

Guys I am not going to do the work for Wildcard. 2 mins on any official orp server would show the problem also I was told that the devs have been informed of such problems and well months later no response or community feed back. I just want to get people talking about it so that maybe just maybe we can breed a bit of life back to these clusters as they are fun PVP servers with a casual flow to them. 

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

While I'm sure it's an unintended mechanic and obviously hasn't been addressed yet.

There is nothing in the Code of Conduct stating it's prohibited.

Ok maybe cheating is a hard sell and I am not looking for bans on any of the tribes doing it. But it ruins the cluster and needs a lil bit of attention as I believe it could be fixed easy enough. 

On 4/19/2019 at 11:40 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

While I'm sure it's an unintended mechanic and obviously hasn't been addressed yet.

There is nothing in the Code of Conduct stating it's prohibited.

No matter how you look at it it's cheating. A tribe that operates out of an offline base that has online turrets and can activity raid others that can not attack back due to them abusing the exploit is cheating.

I had a war with a cheating tribe for a solid 2 weeks and it was probably the most annoying experience of my life which is why I activily ask for wild card to do the right thing and disable pincodes and personal ownership on orp.

These kids litterily just go grief/raid the server. Then go sit in there offline cave or offline base and talk smack about how there the best so on so forth. Then a few hours later the process just starts over again. You mide as well call building under the mesh a legit tactic if you think building a permanent offline base is legit.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Now can place c4 on offline bases rofl gg wc..

Can double layer your walls though and it's not that big of a deal. Plus c4 can only be laid down a certain foundation length away. From personal experience any one willing to sit there and wait 4 hours for you to log in just to blow one easily repaired hole and get mowed down by ur turrets is for the most part usually pretty bad.

Edited by R3dHawk

Official Orp is a great game mode for those of us with school, kids, family's, work etc to still enjoy the game at a more casual pace. With the slow lost of interest for normal official and players looking to try other game modes it's important that orp receive some love.

1. Disable pincodes on orp: Pincodes is one of the main problems for orp exploits. Sense allies are disabled there is no use for pincodes 

2. Disable personal owner ship:          personal ownership is what enables  cheating tribes to build there permanent offline bases which they can operate out of with no consequences.

3. Link orp clusters together:.              We already have cross ark for clusters there is no need for orp to be clustered. The community would benefit greatly by having more servers together for more player and pvp interactions.

4. Extend offline timer:.                          Currently in orp offline protection kicks in 15 minutes after a player logs off. Instead of pvping what players do is log off immediatily after being attacked and using orp as there defence instead of defending themselves. This makes the game stale and boring. Extending the timer to 30 minutes would give real consequences to players who refuse to defend themselves.

Hopefully people take these suggestions I've posted this topic many times and kind of sound like a broken record by now but I just want to see a better orp experience for everyone.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Pincodes, and ownership are vital to inner tribe governence, so they cannot be removed or disabled.

You get people to place doors and storages, setting pins, then change the governance to tribe owned and they retain the ownership, and the pin code allows them to share storages to people, and not need to be around  the base to give other tribemembers what they need.

ORPs protection length is configurable via the server config.