Known Issues: Primitive Plus

Cedric

so I guess Wildcard isn’t fixing Primitive Plus? All the colors and graphics are bizarre since they started the Winter wonderland Event! Can’t play at all on our maps....lets hope when the event is over it will go back to normal!!! Here’s a thought! If Primitive Plus servers can’t support events...don’t put them on!!!

Primitive plus all drops cease to exist new kibble still does not work cannot mount any trophies on wall trophy mount are these issues plus more being worked on at all because it's been several months I would just like to know if there is still devs working on this issue and if it's worth continuing playing on prim plus

• 3 weeks later...

Just get rid of the duplicated engram's being adobe replace them with working mailboxes fix number 1 problem since the first few weeks it was released I don't have rendering problems I'm on Xbox one and Xbox one x and I see no issues with trees or ground just engram's that don't work and have been asked for fixes and have just been ignored bring it to main game engram's or port the working mailboxes on mobile to main game

I have great news on mailboxes!!! So the deal is I haven't figured it out 100% for Xbox controllers that's where the problem is the controller but if you have a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and you go into the pause menu and select keyboard and mouse before using the mailbox to change the address and or send mail it works at first it looks like it will freeze up after your msg is typed up hit enter and you will see the send mail option finally after all this time Ark's mailbox finally has confirmation that it still works and we know where the issue is now its not the game but the controller setup for the mailboxes wildcard please fix this if you want the proof I am going to take a video I'll type a decent msg in the mailbox. I'm on Xbox one x and Xbox one I was only on single player trying to figure this out since the games release my gamertag is ChiefJDUB if you want to see the video I'm about to take at 7 am sat Jan 18th, 2020 or I will see if I can upload the video here as a clip attachment through my phone

On 4/9/2019 at 12:51 PM, Cedric said:

Better confirmation on existing bugs in Primitive + will help prioritize and make sure these bugs are getting addressed.  Please let me know if there's anything I'm missing!  

Gameplay Bugs

• Loot Drops - Some are reporting loot is not dropping while some seem unaffected [Confirmation Needed]
  • Canteen Crafting - Unable to craft the canteen
  • Kibble Consumption - Some are reporting the new kibble isn't working as intended [Confirmation Needed]
  • Kibble Crafting - Cauldron  is unable to craft the new kibble
  • Coal Harvesting - Some are reporting the inability to harvest coal 
  • Forge Crafting - Unable to craft Primitive+ specific resources in the forge
  • Mailbox - The mailbox isn't working on specific platforms (console)
  • Aberration Hazard Suit - Invalid crafting materials
  • Explorer Notes - Some are reporting the inability to see explorer notes  [Confirmation Needed]
  • Bee Hives - Some are reporting the inability to harvest beeswax and problems with beehive functionality.
  • Aberration Saddles - Some aberration saddles appear to be missing
  • S+ Green House Glass - Unable to be crafted in crafting tables
  • Harpoon / Tanq Spear Bolt - Unable to craft
  • Lumber Glass Ceiling - Placement issues on XBOX

Quality of Life Bugs

• Snap Points - Revision on the snap points for Primitive+ structures
  • Collision Boxes - Revision on collision for Primitive+ structures
  • Damage Balance (Weapons, Plant X) - To accommodate for a primitive experience
  • Lumber Texture/Mesh Changes - Structure changes mesh/textures after leaving render distance

This is almost a year ago and still no fix, i get you guys are busy with genesis, but considering you havnt even given us any dlcs except rag and aberation, you cant get off aberation. You guys are not even working on this if its almost been a year. @Cedric

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2019 at 12:51 PM, Cedric said:

Better confirmation on existing bugs in Primitive + will help prioritize and make sure these bugs are getting addressed.  Please let me know if there's anything I'm missing!  

Gameplay Bugs

• Loot Drops - Some are reporting loot is not dropping while some seem unaffected [Confirmation Needed]
  • Canteen Crafting - Unable to craft the canteen
  • Kibble Consumption - Some are reporting the new kibble isn't working as intended [Confirmation Needed]
  • Kibble Crafting - Cauldron  is unable to craft the new kibble
  • Coal Harvesting - Some are reporting the inability to harvest coal 
  • Forge Crafting - Unable to craft Primitive+ specific resources in the forge
  • Mailbox - The mailbox isn't working on specific platforms (console)
  • Aberration Hazard Suit - Invalid crafting materials
  • Explorer Notes - Some are reporting the inability to see explorer notes  [Confirmation Needed]
  • Bee Hives - Some are reporting the inability to harvest beeswax and problems with beehive functionality.
  • Aberration Saddles - Some aberration saddles appear to be missing
  • S+ Green House Glass - Unable to be crafted in crafting tables
  • Harpoon / Tanq Spear Bolt - Unable to craft
  • Lumber Glass Ceiling - Placement issues on XBOX

Quality of Life Bugs

• Snap Points - Revision on the snap points for Primitive+ structures
  • Collision Boxes - Revision on collision for Primitive+ structures
  • Damage Balance (Weapons, Plant X) - To accommodate for a primitive experience
  • Lumber Texture/Mesh Changes - Structure changes mesh/textures after leaving render distance

The Mailbox works but your console/s require a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse attached. I can fully send mail from 1 box to the next. Updated the wiki with steps to follow. Msg my gt ChiefJDUB for help if you can't figure it out.

Unable to craft canteen still.

There are a few engram's that are doubled like adobe engram's 1 set works the other set takes up inventory space.

New engram's list should replace and fix just find the working engrams and remove the non placeable duplicate engrams

On 1/18/2020 at 7:00 AM, ChiefJDUB said:

I have great news on mailboxes!!! So the deal is I haven't figured it out 100% for Xbox controllers that's where the problem is the controller but if you have a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and you go into the pause menu and select keyboard and mouse before using the mailbox to change the address and or send mail it works at first it looks like it will freeze up after your msg is typed up hit enter and you will see the send mail option finally after all this time Ark's mailbox finally has confirmation that it still works and we know where the issue is now its not the game but the controller setup for the mailboxes wildcard please fix this if you want the proof I am going to take a video I'll type a decent msg in the mailbox. I'm on Xbox one x and Xbox one I was only on single player trying to figure this out since the games release my gamertag is ChiefJDUB if you want to see the video I'm about to take at 7 am sat Jan 18th, 2020 or I will see if I can upload the video here as a clip attachment through my phone

@Cedric just in case you didn't see it you should add this into the patch notes as now working 100%. I updated the wiki as well trying to get more players to use the system now that it's working but not a lot of players are aware it's working now.

@Cedric It is very nice and congratulations on the high user rate during this past event. And wonderful news that you have extended the event.

Now just imagine how many more users you could have had if only the loyal Survivors of Primitive Plus were able to play and add to your count.

If it isn't too much trouble would you ask someone from Wildcard to put out a tweet or other shareable media blurb as to when the Primitive Plus Servers will be back into use?

I know it may seem petty to many, but just before Genesis (is Skynet) went live, I completed the raising of my first Raptor from egg to adult. I wasn't even able to ride him yet. That was a lot of work and effort, just like the none conversion folks who currently get to enjoy the fruits of their labor even now during the current 3x event.

Primitive Plus Conversion is an excellent and fun format for those who do not wish to mix Tech with Dino's. For those hunter, gatherer, builders out there, Primitive Plus gives us a world of stuff to play with. Even when some of the bits and pieces don't work, the conversion is still very enjoyable.

I would like to ask as well that when the servers do come back online, that they be set to the day Genesis went live. I don't need a "thank you for your patience" event, I just want not to loose what I had worked on so hard.

In case you actually read this, thank you for your time and efforts.

On 2/26/2020 at 1:00 AM, ChiefJDUB said:

@Cedric just in case you didn't see it you should add this into the patch notes as now working 100%. I updated the wiki as well trying to get more players to use the system now that it's working but not a lot of players are aware it's working now.

The problem is @ChiefJDUB, is it isn't working. Not at all. I have a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, so I know how you can use that, but it shouldn't, under any circumstances, lock up and freeze like it does. That is a bug in the programming. That's like saying, 'oh, your car will go. I understand your missing a wheel, but I got a ski that can replace it.' Yes, it'll work, but it's supposed to have all four tires. @Cedric

I've been playing Single Player Prim+ for most of Feb then all of a sudden, the game crashes on me but only if I try and access the engrams screen.  I can access all the other tabs next to it but as soon as I select the engrams the game crashes and brings me back to the Home screen on my Xbox One X.  I have read all the posts in this topic from 2020 and no one has mentioned it.  At first I thought this was my profile, so I logged into another Microsoft account, started a new single player game in Prim+ and it still crashes when I try and access the Engrams.  I know there is other issues post Genesis but am hoping this fix gets magically corrected along with all the other issues.  Otherwise, gets it's back to the classic mode :(.

On 2/12/2020 at 12:56 PM, ChiefJDUB said:

The Mailbox works but your console/s require a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse attached. I can fully send mail from 1 box to the next. Updated the wiki with steps to follow. Msg my gt ChiefJDUB for help if you can't figure it out.

Unable to craft canteen still.

There are a few engram's that are doubled like adobe engram's 1 set works the other set takes up inventory space.

New engram's list should replace and fix just find the working engrams and remove the non placeable duplicate engrams

Thanks for trying to find work arounds. At least someone is trying......can't say that for you know who.

• Thanks 1

On 3/1/2020 at 6:30 PM, Zrc177 said:

The problem is @ChiefJDUB, is it isn't working. Not at all. I have a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, so I know how you can use that, but it shouldn't, under any circumstances, lock up and freeze like it does. That is a bug in the programming. That's like saying, 'oh, your car will go. I understand your missing a wheel, but I got a ski that can replace it.' Yes, it'll work, but it's supposed to have all four tires. @Cedric

@Zrc177 are you freezing up on the Xbox controller end? If you do not switch from controller to Bluetooth keyboard and mouse the problem is the start/hamburger button after typing your msg and hitting the start/hamburger button it will come out of keyboard mode and it needs to stay in keyboard mode because you need to hit enter twice to confirm your letter is ready to be sent. This is where I chose to switch over from Xbox controller every time to keyboard and mouse before using the APS Mailbox system because of the enter issue on the controller end which causes the freeze. All in all it is the controller that causes the freeze up because it comes out of keyboard mode to early. @Cedric