Purple drops.

huntlythe3rd

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, huntlythe3rd said:

How many gigas would you guys use typically minimum for purple drops?

We did some with 3 riders, using Owls to heal them a little bit between waves. However, we are considering bringing more Gigas in pods and unfreeze them when needed instead of healing though.

Typically my tribe goes in with just two or three giga., mostly ridden.

We reinforced it with Snow Owl for healing between waves as well.

Plus we used Reaper Kings (two ridden) to push all corrupted away with its tail swing, excluding Wyverns and Drakes, since the former needs to be knocked down with cocoon projectile and the latter can't be knocked back at all.

here is a new way i have discovered.

1. use a quetzal with velansos (on turret mode) or turrets (depends if able to place them on platform saddle)

2. five manas

3. ten rexes

4. five owls

5. some suicide dimorphs for fun (dimorphs with c4's on them)

6. three brontos

7. three reapers if possible

8. a flock of argents

9. wyverns if possible

10. a karkinos to throw them away

i have done purple drops with this army and always won honestly you dont need all of these. make sure they are bred aswell. 

PS: i do the drops on non ded servers but my friend has made this army on officail and done purple drops.

20 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

here is a new way i have discovered.

1. use a quetzal with velansos (on turret mode) or turrets (depends if able to place them on platform saddle)

2. five manas

3. ten rexes

4. five owls

5. some suicide dimorphs for fun (dimorphs with c4's on them)

6. three brontos

7. three reapers if possible

8. a flock of argents

9. wyverns if possible

10. a karkinos to throw them away

i have done purple drops with this army and always won honestly you dont need all of these. make sure they are bred aswell. 

PS: i do the drops on non ded servers but my friend has made this army on officail and done purple drops.

Few things I wanna say:

1. is most definitely impossible unless with mods. Velonasaur will not fire at anything while standing on any moving platform on Turret Mode. If they did, Wildcard must have messed up something with the coding. Same for Turret.

10. is also impossible... at least on PvE Official Server. Plus, not everything can be grabbed by karkinos as well.

i know karkinos cant pick up eveything but they good at getting rid of smaller dinos and i have not used velanos on platform saddles in a while. so yeah they might have changed something and yes my friend has stated he has made the army on a quiet pve official server. plus the platform would stay still in mid flight hovering if you will to allow for better aim moving around would be stupid.

7 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

i know karkinos cant pick up eveything but they good at getting rid of smaller dinos and i have not used velanos on platform saddles in a while. so yeah they might have changed something and yes my friend has stated he has made the army on a quiet pve official server. plus the platform would stay still in mid flight hovering if you will to allow for better aim moving around would be stupid.

Platform staying still, still counts as moving platform, and by default, shouldn't allow velonasaur and turret to fire at all. If your friend did manage to get it to fire, ask him when was it. Because I recalled few weeks after Extinction release, Wildcard had patched that feature out for any of velonasaur on platform.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
On 4/3/2019 at 3:37 PM, Vaculity said:

It doesn't deliver damage either, thats for sure.

Ah but even if they don't deliver damage, they make a crush point where dinos have to come through in one spot, compared to a full 360 degree approach...

2 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Ah but even if they don't deliver damage, they make a crush point where dinos have to come through in one spot, compared to a full 360 degree approach...

You are missing the point here.

Corrupted don't turn around, they attack anything that blocks the way. That includes spike wall. They aren't like any random aggressive dinosaur which tries to find another way past the "wall".

Tame the desert titan and/or the ice titan for purple drops.  I personally prefer the desert titan. The desert titan flocks take care of a lot of stragglers, and you can decimate the hordes with lightning and biting attacks. The only issue is the enraged rexes that take forever to kill; however, a properly placed lightning strike can knock the rexes away from the drop and give you time to kill them before they do too much damage. Using this method, I usually get to about wave 8 or 9 before the OSD health is too low to risk another wave.

P.S. The desert titan is very easy to tame if you know how.

I do this solo on PVE Official

On 06/04/2019 at 21:25, DarthSoul7 said:

Domar o titã do deserto e / ou o titã do gelo para gotas roxas. Eu pessoalmente prefiro o titã do deserto. Os rebanhos titãs do deserto cuidam de muitos retardatários, e você pode dizimar as hordas com relâmpagos e ataques mordazes. O único problema são os rexes enfurecidos que levam uma eternidade para matar; no entanto, um raio corretamente colocado pode derrubar os rexes da queda e dar-lhe tempo para matá-los antes que causem muito dano. Usando este método, eu costumo falar sobre a onda 8 ou 9 antes que a saúde do OSD esteja muito baixa para arriscar outra onda.

PS O titã do deserto é muito fácil de domar se você souber como.

Eu faço esse solo no PVE Official

Really with the desert titan gets a lot easier

Archived