ARE THE CONQUEST SERVERS GOING TO BE WIPED???

SheepHurrDurr

10 hours ago, SheepHurrDurr said:

So do you know if we can transfer anything out? 
If they're going to be wiped... anything?

No why would they allow transfers to a different mode. That is unfair to those playing in the other mode. When they wipe those servers, all your items, tames, structures and characters will be vaporised.

3 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

No why would they allow transfers to a different mode. That is unfair to those playing in the other mode. When they wipe those servers, all your items, tames, structures and characters will be vaporised.

Well, I'd say it's more unfair to delete a couple 100 people's 1000's of hours of work/progress on the conquest cluster, for a new game mode that NO ONE ever even asked for. 
So even though I get your point totally, letting us transfer servers with our stuff still wouldn't make up for them shutting them down within a week's notice. Without even actually saying anything about it. 
The MotD when you log on to Conquest servers still says the same thing as it has always done, wouldn't they change it to say that everything is going to be gone in a couple of days? 
And besides; aren't they planning on only releasing 4x4 servers? - I'm pretty sure there are mare conquest servers than that, and besides the Extinction and Aberration servers in the cluster that my tribe mainly plays on HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THESE NEW CLUSTERS ANYWAY. 

Sorry, I'm not actually ranting to you personally, as much just getting my frustration over Snail Games or whoever made this horrendous decision out. 

7 minutes ago, SheepHurrDurr said:

new game mode that NO ONE ever even asked for. 

People have been complaining about p2w with the dlc content, since DLCs started.

People have been complaining about meshing and the Aberration climbing hooks, since the DLC release.

So a back to basics and separate clusters has defiantly been asked for.

As i wrote in this thread of the same topic, it is true, the conquest servers will be deleted. The new classic mode has 25 clusters with 4 maps each. That you play on the ab/ex maps of your cluster does not make a difference, a server with those maps can just be resetted and used for other maps. Its true, they should have changed the motd, but you know, its wildcard/snail games. 

I am not really upset about the decision to delete conquest tbh, because i dont play there and look forward to the new mode, but i totally agree that the way they just do it is not cool at all. 

I find it quite unfathomable that people are so apathetic about this whole thing. 

I know you might not play there, and I know it might not be fair if we got to transfer anything out of the Conquest Cluster.... BUT, how are you all failing to realize how bat-poop crazy it is, that they're taking down an official cluster that a lot of people actively play on, without saying anything more concrete than "they're getting repurposed". 
Nowhere did it ever say that the cluster was going to be taken down, and don't you dare gimme' that; "it didn't say they were permanent either"-poop. 

You expect an official server in any game to not suddenly shut down and in that way end up wasting everyone's time, even more than they already were. People went ape-poop because a Youtuber got banned from the game for pretty shady reasons, but when they suddenly shut down 100's of players work in this game absolutely nothing happens... Except people make jokes about it because it's close to April's Fool. 

This is not just "WC being WC".. Or SnailGames for that matter. This is complete bullpoop. And no; quitting the game is not enough, though if they are going to delete them I most certainly am.
The least they can do is acknowledge what they're doing in the face of the player-base and apologize... something.  

I probably come off as a real asshole, but that is purely because this whole thing pisses me off... so... so much. Imagine if this was Small Tribes or whatever official-cluster you might be playing on.

On 3/29/2019 at 1:55 PM, Aylana314159 said:

People have been complaining about meshing and the Aberration climbing hooks, since the DLC release.

And by the way; this... no no. You just use one of the other 1000 methods there are available. People thinking that getting rid of climbing picks and crabs will rid the game of meshing... Are just not correct in their beliefs. I didn't have anything smart to say there, sorry. 

What I find it funny is that other than removing the latter 2 DLC for a "classic play", they even removed the most commonly used dino among the list. I mean I can't blame them, but giga were amongst the first few dino to be released as part of the Open-Access update years back. So I don't really understand that concept "Total Classic" anymore for that case.

5 hours ago, SheepHurrDurr said:

I find it quite unfathomable that people are so apathetic about this whole thing. 

I know you might not play there, and I know it might not be fair if we got to transfer anything out of the Conquest Cluster.... BUT, how are you all failing to realize how bat-poop crazy it is, that they're taking down an official cluster that a lot of people actively play on, without saying anything more concrete than "they're getting repurposed". 
Nowhere did it ever say that the cluster was going to be taken down, and don't you dare gimme' that; "it didn't say they were permanent either"-poop. 

You expect an official server in any game to not suddenly shut down and in that way end up wasting everyone's time, even more than they already were. People went ape-poop because a Youtuber got banned from the game for pretty shady reasons, but when they suddenly shut down 100's of players work in this game absolutely nothing happens... Except people make jokes about it because it's close to April's Fool. 

This is not just "WC being WC".. Or SnailGames for that matter. This is complete bullpoop. And no; quitting the game is not enough, though if they are going to delete them I most certainly am.
The least they can do is acknowledge what they're doing in the face of the player-base and apologize... something.  

I probably come off as a real asshole, but that is purely because this whole thing pisses me off... so... so much. Imagine if this was Small Tribes or whatever official-cluster you might be playing on.

The problem is that whenever they re-purpose a server for another server, they have to fully take it down, a.k.a completely wipe it out. They don't have to say that they are taking the cluster down for its repurpose, they just do it whenever announcement occurs after the mentioned date. I mean, the current Conquest has the latter 2 DLC as part of the cluster, but the classic don't.

Given the fact when you said "people are so apathetic about this whole thing" gives a rather odd (but true) explaination why WildCard decides to abolish Conquest Servers all together. Plus, its their rented servers from Nitrado, they can decide what server to keep or repurpose. Remember that we are using their server for free without paying a single recurring cent (not counting one time cost for base game and its paid DLC) to support their server, They are the one paying Nitrado for the server so we have somewhere to play if we can't find an unofficial server to set home on, despite how crud official servers are as it is.

No game company apologize to the player database unless they did something that is purely 100% corrupt (intentional, not accidental) to the point it truly demands an apology. Banning of a certain youtuber which is not intended to be permanent, not serving players on a golden platter, leaving some bugs and undermeshing not dealt with and shutting down servers do not deserve an apology... at least to them in their mindset. Don't get me wrong. I am not siding with WildCard, I am just stating from a company's point of view.

21 hours ago, Vaculity said:

What I find it funny is that other than removing the latter 2 DLC for a "classic play", they even removed the most commonly used dino among the list. I mean I can't blame them, but giga were amongst the first few dino to be released as part of the Open-Access update years back. So I don't really understand that concept "Total Classic" anymore for that case.

The problem is that whenever they re-purpose a server for another server, they have to fully take it down, a.k.a completely wipe it out. They don't have to say that they are taking the cluster down for its repurpose, they just do it whenever announcement occurs after the mentioned date. I mean, the current Conquest has the latter 2 DLC as part of the cluster, but the classic don't.

Given the fact when you said "people are so apathetic about this whole thing" gives a rather odd (but true) explaination why WildCard decides to abolish Conquest Servers all together. Plus, its their rented servers from Nitrado, they can decide what server to keep or repurpose. Remember that we are using their server for free without paying a single recurring cent (not counting one time cost for base game and its paid DLC) to support their server, They are the one paying Nitrado for the server so we have somewhere to play if we can't find an unofficial server to set home on, despite how crud official servers are as it is.

No game company apologize to the player database unless they did something that is purely 100% corrupt (intentional, not accidental) to the point it truly demands an apology. Banning of a certain youtuber which is not intended to be permanent, not serving players on a golden platter, leaving some bugs and undermeshing not dealt with and shutting down servers do not deserve an apology... at least to them in their mindset. Don't get me wrong. I am not siding with WildCard, I am just stating from a company's point of view.

This is so far the best answer to anything I've been able to get anywhere... And this whole situation pisses me off a lot, so I've been posting everywhere so anyway, thank you for that.
And let me say; you do a damn good job of playing devil's advocate, sir!
This just raises the question; how can they possibly justify not saying that they're taking them down when the servers are in the official-server rooster?
Just because they're hosted by Nitrado doesn't make them ... well, not official servers. I might also be completely wrong about my "definition" about official servers (and this is not just with regards to Ark but any game like; World of Warcraft, Rust, GTA V, whatever), but I think of them as the permanent servers on which you play because you don't want your stuff wiped because of complications from one place or the other. I know the servers in the games I used as examples don't, in any way, use the same server system as Ark does... I wouldn't know, but what I do know is that I don't expect all of my characters from Stormscale (in WoW) to be deleted because Blizzard needs it repurposed for Classic WoW. Just as I don't expect all of my bases to just suddenly be gone tomorrow. 
Woops, I made that way longer that it had to be. 

And just to touch on the meshing thing, because I think for me, it says a lot about this situation... and I guess writing this is making me realize it once and for all. So this is more me talking to myself...
- Yea', I'm fekkin' weird.
I don't really care a whole deal about all the meshing that is going on personally, and that can easily be blamed on the fact that I've never been meshed before. So just as I can't be bothered to bring my pitchfork and torch to free HOD or be outraged about the meshing, because of my lack of emotional investment (or whatever the feck' you call it) in the matter, I can't expect people to care for the conquest servers the way I do when it comes to them being removed. (maybe this is just because the people of the conquest servers don't know it's going to happen, because no one said anything anywhere, except the forum).
So all this probably just leaves me at a great spot to kick my stupid addiction to this even more stupid game. 
Don't cry because it's over, smile because you might see sunlight this summer instead of imprint dinos and farm metal. 

Archived