Rock Elemental versus Alpha Squid troubles

Fluffsel

Goodday fellow survivors,

I have got a question about Rock Elementals.

I took mine to the ocean floor to hunt Alpha Squids, but it seems that the squids break aggro even before their health drops too far as is usual. They aren't even spewing oil while swimming away.

The squid picks me up once (only alphas seem to be able to do this) and then drops my elemental and swims away, even when the alpha continues taking damage from my Rock Elemental

I was wondering if this is supposed to happen or if its a bug. And if its a bug, is there a workaround? 

Many thanks in advance!

Fluffsel

Indeed its probably not intended. But hey i've got a stone tank that does not have to breathe under water.

Offcourse i am going to try that on the Alpha squid that seems to always be guarding the artifact of the Devourer.

I just find it odd that even after being attacked by my rockelemental it picks me up only once and then drops me and swims away like nothing is happening, all the while taking damage from my elementals ranged attack. For me it's a first that a dino breaks aggro, while you are still in his face and said dino has more than half its health left.

5 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

This is a bug, and a very old one. If you bring a Rock Elemental in the sea caves on the island, you can kill everything and nothing will ever react or attack you as long as you do not hit an Ammonite; in such case everything will aggro.

Try an Enforcer, speed specced for this

You will be pleased

Archived